In this Discussion

Boardie White Knuckles Video Idea/Project

Comments

• ChristelAdina said:
    Aleatory said:
    autumnraina said:  I think it would be outstanding if we got our "White Knuckles" video together before OK Go puts theirs out (assuming they plan to do a video for it, which I hope the do).  

FYI for everyone: The boys are doing a White Knuckles video, they just finished filming it in Eugene :D :D :D and it will be released in mid-September. I know this is true, I heard it straight from Damian himself on Saturday night. 

Stop saying that. It's freaking me out! Laugh Were they really here at all? No! Corvallis is close but it's not Eugene (No no, no don't think about it).

Well, they were in Corvallis but actually filming in Eugene. It's exciting! They said that the Oregon Film Council made it really easy to film and get all their stuff done. Go Oregon!

• So, has anyone else put together another submission?

Even though the boys have made a vid for White Knuckles, it's not like they don't have duplicates of other songs. TTSP and DWYW come to mind.

• beckysioux said:

Even though the boys have made a vid for White Knuckles, it's not like they don't have duplicates of other songs. TTSP and DWYW come to mind.

Heck the original dance booth video was a duplicate.  They made that ridiculous Don't Ask Me with the clone dancers and then the version to which we pay homage.

• DJRose said:

Heck the original dance booth video was a duplicate.  They made that ridiculous Don't Ask Me with the clone dancers and then the version to which we pay homage.

See now, I was trying to block that video from my memory.

• >hip bump!<

Anybody filming? Laugh

• violetchaos364 said:

>hip bump!<

Anybody filming? Laugh

I'm getting my brand new video camera TODAY, so it will be VERY soon.

• Well, I suppose I could film something....IDK. I'll have to decide.
  • I definitely plan on filming one, it's just a matter of borrowing a camera to use (or possibly just buying myself a video camera, because I want one) and getting to it! 
  • I still have to film mine.  Some time.  Soon.

(I have perfected procrastination.)

• Hi everyone. I have a perfect reason for bumping the thread:

I have already discussed the notion with Amber and Raina and here I am presenting to you…why we should submit this to the:

OK Go Video Challenge!

If people are going to be/live near New Orleans when the OK Go show on 11/06/10 then this is perfect for you.

The most important rule that I picked out from the contest is:

• Video must be original work of individual entering contest and must not exceed 1 minute.

We are at the height of originality (hello, we're OK Go fans) and we have shown that we are awesome at video-making.

So are you in?

• I've also been discussing this with Raina and Jade, and it would be very cool if a group of Boardies/fans were the winners for the Tipitina's contest. Plus, collaborative project, hello? With OK Go prize attached? And an excuse for Boardie meetups? Yes please!

• If we could get more boardie vids submitted for the eventual Full Length Boardie White Knuckles Video Idea/Project, so it's completed,

then this one minute vid could function as The Preview Length Vid, whether or not it wins a contest.

And we have a cool one minute vid whether the full length one gets made or not!

• *claps hands*  Oh, boy!  This sounds like it could be really fun!  I volunteer my modest editing skills for the cause.  The deadline for this thing is fast approaching, tho, so if we're going to do it, whoever's gonna edit it should receive all footage from those who want to participate by a certain date, I think.  Say, the first of October just to pick a date.  Amber's point is a good one - whether our video even wins or not, it would be a great little "trailer" for the full video.  But isn't it fun to imagine a boardie compilation video that wins?  I'm SURE I could scrape together airfare (and kid-watcher) to rush out to NOLA for the show if we DID win.  :)

Also, having the stems for White Knuckles from the remix contest makes it fun and relatively easy to put together a shorter version of the song to run over the compilation of footage. 

• Although I wouldn't be able to share the prize with you guys, I'll try to contribute.

Do you think, now that we've seen the actual video, I could film my dog dancing to the music rather than me? She can do the high-five thing :) I think it would be cute, plus my dog is the most adorable thing in the entire world.

23! HELLZ YES!

• How about your dog AND you? Wink

If my hamster was hand trained (long story), I would totally put HIM in a video! (Sigh - need my own vid camera - I think I borrowed my friend's a leeeetttleee too long last time)

• Am I too late?
  • Nope! Just interest waned a bit. Need to pump and bump this concept a bit!
  • Mmmmm.... hip bump.

Some new faces (avatars?) around here - anybody up for pitching in and finishing up this little project? Laugh

• as much as i wanna, i dun actually hv any pets in the home? ):
  • Not a remake, Jolene. Just videos of fans dancing to White Knuckles. Smile There are links to a few clips earlier in this thread.