In this Discussion

Last Leaf Speculation/Official Vid

edited November -1 in OK Go

So.

We all know that the boys are working on a LL video. And it doesn't have a thread yet.

Let's talk about what we know.

FOR SURE:

*Shot with Samsung NX100

*Top Secret (according to Andy)

MAYBE:

*Involves bread. 

*Involves toast.

*Is an animation.

PURE SPECULATION:

*Takes place in an office (seems like most of the Samsung videos showed them in an office)

*Shot in Portland? The "I can't tell you anything about it" clip looks a hell of a lot like the park blocks.

Comments

• It will be out in a month after White Knukles, acoording to Damian.
  • If it's being shot with a camera, it's probably not an animation. :P

Although I guess it could have elements of both... hmm... like Roger Rabbit style! I wanna see the guys dancing with animated penguins! :D Or toast... I guess... 

• I thought it looked like the park blocks, too.

Also, cameras are used in animation Dusk13 (Especially if they are animating photos they've taken).

I still don't get the toast... :)

• Dusk13 said:

If it's being shot with a camera, it's probably not an animation. :P

Maybe stop-motion animation (ala Wallace and Gromit)

• The only reason I say it may be an animation is that Andy mentions the word "animation" in the Samsung trailer thing. IIRC, he says "with our new animation" or something. Can't check now, though.

• Jade already posted the videos from Samsung's new camera campaign in the White Knuckles thread. But now there's a Last Leaf video thread so...

Here's the part about bread that Aleatory referred to:

(Taken from the Samsung NX100 campagn trailer.)

Unless they're messing with us, it looks like it's going to be real bread/toast and not cartoon animation.

This is all repeat info but it's in the right place now.

• I still say they should animate the toast like this:

Although something tells me they will actually use toast. Perhaps they will cut out shapes -or- make impressions in the bread before toasting the bread. Who knows?

Though I'm sure it won't disappoint.

• Snack_Cakes said:

Jade already posted the videos from Samsung's new camera campaign in the White Knuckles thread. But now there's a Last Leaf video thread so...

Here's the part about bread that Aleatory referred to:

(Taken from the Samsung NX100 campagn trailer.)

Unless they're messing with us, it looks like it's going to be real bread/toast and not cartoon animation.

This is all repeat info but it's in the right place now.

That's exactly it. Thanks for capping that.

• MMM MAYBE I DONT KNOW WHY BUT EVERYTIME I HEAR LAST LEAF I SEE OK GO PERFORMING IN A TREE AND LIKE ALL OF OK GO'S FANS ARE AROUND THEM (I DOUBT THEY'LL DO THAT THOUGH)

• Tiff, honey, please turn off caps lock.  It's considered very rude to type in all caps all the time.
  • DJRose said:Tiff, honey, please turn off caps lock.  It's considered very rude to type in all caps all the time.

sorry i just type in caps all the time sorry
  • zOMG I really hope now that they are using a toast printer because that would make such an epic video.
  • Ahh the toaster printer looks awesome!

(Reminds me of the toaster that Sheldon uses in The Big Bang Theory :D)

• squashedbanana said:

Ahh the toaster printer looks awesome!

HAHA! Big Bang Theory reference for the win! LOVE that show - and Jim Parsons. Laugh

It's like, those are my people! I get them!

• violetchaos364 said:
    squashedbanana said:

Ahh the toaster printer looks awesome!

HAHA! Big Bang Theory reference for the win! LOVE that show - and Jim Parsons. Laugh

It's like, those are my people! I get them!

Just got the first season on Netflix, might be one of my favorite shows now. My mom thought it was hilarious that I got the whole "Doppler Effect" halloween costume.

Also, the "What is he doing here, other than disrupting the local gravity" thing made me laugh for 20 minutes. Alone, because no one else got the joke... :(

• Back to the actual topic...

I had a dream last night where the guys were playing a show on a boat on a river. There was these huge Disneyland-esque switchback lines to get there, and I had to fight my way to the front while picking up guitar picks with their faces on them (I'm guessing this stems from the Tim pick I got for my birthday). Eventually I made my way to the very front where some wooden bleachers are, right in front of the guys, and they began their set. (Trust me, this gets to the point soon.)

They began playing TTSP, and since Dan was there they didn't need aross to play shaker, so they were playing along and then he pulls out some yarn and begins knitting a sweater of some sort. Then he comes across the river and starts talking to me about the picks I had picked up and knitting and goats and pictures and all sorts of things. Finally, the song ends and aross climbs back up on stage and then Damian starts talking about the new LL video. A huge screen comes from nowhere and a video begins playing. It was a video of several pieces of toast with faces, hanging from strings, swinging in the wind.

And this is where I fall asleep. It was very Inception-y. I fell asleep during the dream, and when I woke back up in the dream I was reading the boards where I had posted a video that I had taken of the toast video. The strange part was, I dreamed an entire thread of people discussing the vid and how it was possibly fake. Then someone suggested I had dreamed the entire thing and accused me of falling asleep during the show and making it all up. I was very confused. 

And that is my strange LL dream. Enjoy.

• Here's episode 2 of that Samsung camera campaign!

Sounds very interesting!! I'm so excited about the Last Leaf video!! whoa! :D

• "Animation with food"? Does that mean stop-motion with moving toast? 
  • "AH SAID AH NEED SOME CHICKEN WIRE!"