In this Discussion

Happy List

Comments

• rockchick said:

Name is Christine, chris to my friends, did not know about that, but

would not have been able to anyway, working. Andy is so lovely Frown

Hi Christine! :D

I really want to go but I really doubt my parents would let me travel 100 miles by train to see him by myself. Andy is just awesome (and pretty)

Happy thing:

Three of the english boardies are online right now (includes me)...nerding out...nerding out

• Jade, Call me Chris please, which part of the uk do you live?
  • rockchick said:Jade, Call me Chris please, which part of the uk do you live?

Ok Chris.

I live in West Yorkshire ^_^

• Other end of the country to me, im down in CornwallLaugh

• Think it has been a long day, it does say Cornwall by my name, duh
  • The more UK people, the better, I'd say!
  • So what's this about Andy being in London?
  • How is he in London when he has OK Go shows now? Maybe they filmed him when they were there a couple weeks ago
  • The number of British people makes me happy! I am not British but love everything British. I'm especially fond of 60s British invasion. Any of you Brits into T.Rex? I loves me some Bolan. Ooo, and the fact that so many on here like the Monkees is an added happy.
  • jota said:How is he in London when he has OK Go shows now? Maybe they filmed him when they were there a couple weeks ago

Perhaps the electrical engineer finally done and gone built himself a cyborg?

• Hmmm, good point jota *I was going to say something silly refering to Andy's likeness to an FBI agent*

Edit: Aaah Tempe, you bet me to it :D

• I've got a happy list that has nothing to do with Andy building his cyborg-self (but I'm taking bets on what I'll dream about tonight!):

1. I got my wheelchair back. It works! No smoke! There's a squeak/drag thing that I attribute to the bearings (because the tech ran it about 7-10 miles without stopping, TWICE!), but the new shop is only 5 blocks from me so I can drop by & have them clean or replace bearings later this week... because:

2. I can leave the apartment! The building, even! Next time I have some cash, I'm going to leave town!

3. For now, I just left the building and had a meal with 2 vegetable dishes AND fish AND a jacket potato, because when you can shop, you can eat (I had almost forgotten what a balanced meal looked like!).

4. Downtown smelled like Doughnuts. I briefly worried Voodoo was on fire, but then I realized it was just because the storm winds had changed...which meant:

5. It was not raining or snowing when I went out! I caught the weather when TPTB weren't looking, woo hoo (Princess Precipitation-1, Dastardly Tree Drops-0)!

6. The Halloween Episode of Raising Hope made a reference to Jason Falkner. Ok, technically it made a favorable reference to the Bedtime with The Beatles CDs, but they ARE by Jason Falkner. So I can sort of pretend they actually said his name, right?

7. I can't have doughnuts (but I had the scent). However, I can have Chocolate Peanut Butter Coconut Bliss (it's a gluten-free, soy-free heavenly ice-cream-like treat). I also have natural Vanilla Cola, which means no caffiene, but I didn't really want to do all of last month's laundry tonight, anyway! Nor did I truly wish to write a DVD review.

8. I'm happy that I can go another day without doing all the laundry or writing a trite piece. Instead of those things, I'm going to drink my caffeine-less carbonation, and read the rest of Cherry Vanilla's memoirs with my headphones on so I can dance around the living room (couldn't do so without the chair!) to...wait for it...

9. TRex!! I'm going to start with Electric Warrior (because that amuses me in my situation) then move to the Slider.

By the way, all of this happy is happening beneath a Be-Bop Moon... Wink

• Voodoo donuts, didn't Man v Food go there for a visit.

And.....

I WANNA JOIN YOUR T.REX PARTY, CHRISTEL!

• Tempe Arizona said:
    jota said:How is he in London when he has OK Go shows now? Maybe they filmed him when they were there a couple weeks ago

Perhaps the electrical engineer finally done and gone built himself a cyborg?

I'll bet it's video conferencing.  That's the only logical explanation.  They're in Albany.  There is NO WAY he can go from Albany to London and back.

• Tempe Arizona said:

Voodoo donuts, didn't Man v Food go there for a visit.

And.....

Well living on the end bit of the UK, and the most exciting thing to come

out of Cornwall is the pasty and clotted cream teas, can some one

tell me about Voodoo donuts.Laugh

Im up for a T.Rex partyCool

• My happy list today is that my eldest grandson tomorrow will be going

to Liverpool football ground with a team of boys to do a training session

with Liverpool's trainers, he is only 9. His dream is to play for Liverpool

and England one day, he is very very good but whether he is good enough

for that time will tell.

Liverpool FC means as much to Jack as Ok Go means to me, so that should

tell you how excited he is.Laugh

• Tempe Arizona said:

Voodoo donuts, didn't Man v Food go there for a visit.

And.....

Man vs Food did indeed go to Voodoo Doughnuts (the original shop in Portland, not the Eugene location).

(Chris, you can see them under my fb 'likes". There are pictures and videos of the various creations, including the namesake Voodoo Doughnut)

And, next time I'm in the SW (which may be sooner than I thought, my mom is having another one of her "up and move to the reservation" episodes... I can usually get some travel out of those!), there will definitely be a T Rex party to which you will be invited, Tempe. You bring the sequins, I'll bring the glitter,Smile and we'll both be Cosmic Dancers. 

• ChristelAdina said:

And, next time I'm in the SW (which may be sooner than I thought, my mom is having another one of her "up and move to the reservation" episodes... I can usually get some travel out of those!), there will definitely be a T Rex party to which you will be invited, Tempe. You bring the sequins, I'll bring the glitter,Smile and we'll both be Cosmic Dancers. 

Ooo, you're planning a trip to the SW, the most awesome place possible in all possibility? Your mama wants to move to a reservation? Ooo, neato. I worked on the Hopi Reservation once. "You bring the sequines, I'll bring the glitter, and we'll both be Cosmic Dancers" is the best quote I've heard all day! Can I put it on my facebook quote section thing?

• Tempe Arizona said:
    ChristelAdina said:

Ooo, you're planning a trip to the SW, the most awesome place possible in all possibility? Your mama wants to move to a reservation? Ooo, neato. I worked on the Hopi Reservation once. "You bring the sequines, I'll bring the glitter, and we'll both be Cosmic Dancers" is the best quote I've heard all day! Can I put it on my facebook quote section thing?

Oh! Please do! Smile That would make me very happy!

(Re: The Rez. My mom has been threatening for years, and she always, always wanted to live in NM or AZ anyway, so I have no idea why, when we moved and I chose Austin, she didn't do it then. She's an RN and she lives in the boonies of west AR now, so she's been looking into doing travel nursing now. And she thinks she's really connected to our indigenous roots, so that always leads to talk of Rez work. She is really genuinely upset--for the first time ever--with how I've been treated since being forced back to Oregon. I think her advancing age is making her realize she wasn't ever warm and nurturing to her family and she's trying to make up, and lately when she's asking me to help her job search online she says things like, "I should go somewhere where you could be too, in case either of us needed anything." She finally realizes that my sister won't be any sort of anything in her life. And I think she finally realized that I'm not meant for this climate. Plus, she's afraid to do anything without having one of us to complain to/at/about. So the SW is looking, you know, sunny again. As long as I'm somewhere where it's actually feasible to get to shows and I'm not allergic to literally every other thing in the environment and it's not raining October through June, I could even stand to be in the same state as my mom. I mean she'll be on the Reservation or traveling most of the time, it could work.) 

23 for this Cosmic Dancer!