In this Discussion

OK Go on Today Show - thoughts?

edited November -1 in OK Go
Ok, I can't believe this hasn't been discussed here - did I miss the topic? I happened to catch this... didn't even know they would be on, but apparently Today Show did a "Today goes Viral" week, and one day they had OkGo on to help them make their own viral video. It involved the four hosts being put in boxes with tons of different colored ping pong balls. Anyone see it? It was neat, but also the kind of lame a true rock n roll lover would expect from the Today Show.

Comments

• Haha, yeah, it was kind of strange. With the exception of Al Roker who I love, the other three Today hosts were as lame as expected and so whiney!
  • That was a bit odd, but I enjoyed the little segment where it was just the boys talking about their "music video requirements."  'Twas funny.  And very ok go.  xP
  • *sob* country restrictions :( couldn't watch! x
  • I didn't watch the actual show, but I saw the video clip and something else that I can't remember. It was okay. Not what I expected from the clips.
  • I like the idea of the video,it was just that the hosts kinda got on my nerves. Other than the hosts,it was awesome! :)
  • Totalgeek42 said:That was a bit odd, but I enjoyed the little segment where it was just the boys talking about their "music video requirements."  'Twas funny.  And very ok go.  xP

This. 

• "Our biggest challenge: Spillage."
  • The bits with the boys were great, the hosts were meh and whiny.

Dan locked in closet and abandoned by Tim = WIN

C-Cup = Humor WIN!

Andy's announcer voice = WIN squared!

The Today Show's country restrictions on their "viral video" = Completely missing the concept = FALE (not even FAIL, but FALE)

try this link:

OK Go in general = WIN CUBED.

• violetchaos364 said:

The Today Show's country restrictions on their "viral video" = Completely missing the concept = FALE (not even FAIL, but FALE)

Haha, touche, violet, and excellent summery points about the segment!!! Now that would be something good for the fail blog. 

• Autumn216 said:I like the idea of the video,it was just that the hosts kinda got on my nerves. Other than the hosts,it was awesome! :)

This. 

They were whiny. And I realize they're very busy people with a national show and all, but for some reason it rubbed me the wrong way when they said "They only get three hours of our time blah blah blah." 

Like they want your time, guys. Jk.

Idk. It seemed like an arrogant comment, although I'm just reading into it way too much.

• Aleatory said:

They were whiny. And I realize they're very busy people with a national show and all, but for some reason it rubbed me the wrong way when they said "They only get three hours of our time blah blah blah." 

Like they want your time, guys. Jk.

Idk. It seemed like an arrogant comment, although I'm just reading into it way too much.

No, I agree.  You hire someone to do something for you and when they go to do it, you don't give them a hard time about it.