In this Discussion

Don't Ask Me. Have a question about OK Go/Paracadute? Come on in and ask away!

Comments

• Aleatory said:

Awesome. It's a pretty cool word. Also, I like that you spell 'favourite' with a u. I think it looks cooler that way.

Thanks. :)

DJRose said:

Unrequited Orchestra of Locomotion is a song the guys used to do.  It was never released as a single and there were two versions available through the songs account (back when we had one) and OK Go Central; one live and one studio. 

Waaaaaaaaaaaaait, I'm not sure I have two versions. :( I have to go check...

squashedbanana said:

Do you think they'll have written who wrote it on the Extra Nice Edition?

I might be getting it sometime this week.

I wonder who put it down as Andy who wrote it then. *shrugs* Meh.

No idea, but I'm not sure it matters much. For the most part on past discs, Damian and Tim have been labeled as the songwriters. Damian's said in interview that whomever comes up with a good song idea will offer it up and they'll work on it together, but it's pretty easy to take the content of this record, put two and two together, and realise that this is very much Damian's record. I was really interested in seeing what Andy contributed, too, but there's also two albums worth of just-Andy music available, so there's that.

• I didn't think this needed it's own thread, so I'm putting it here.

This is from The Huffington Post: Creative Minds 2011: Submit Your Questions For OK Go!

I didn't get a chance to write in any questions on their FB a few months ago that ended up being asked by Ira Glass on the ENE of OTBCOTS, so here's hoping my questions gets picked. Once I figure out what question I want to ask them. Hmmm...

Apologies for the run-on sentence up there.

• Double post, but whatevs.

I went to The Huffington Post to ask a few questions and what do I find, stupid people being stupid. I just don't understand why people feel the need to say stupid shit when it has no bearing on what their commenting on. Unless they're just trolling to be douchey. Just needed to say that.

Anyway, I asked my questions, have you asked yours? If not, go here and ask some!

• Hey, does anyone have any tips for running a search on these boards? It seems like when I use the "search" on the board itself, it tells me what thread my search word/phrase has appeared in, but the threads can be many pages long, and I really can't be doing a "find" page by page by page by page... Jus' trying to be a good boardie and not repeat things that have already been posted. Thanks!

• Nevermind... answered my own question. Didn't realize (until I tried it just now) that you could use google's site search feature for part of a site, not a whole domain. Pretty silly...

For the benefit of anyone else who's run up against this, I did a google search which was:

"search phrase" site:http://www.okgo.net/community/message-board/

And as to all of you for whom this is completely intuitive, well... move right along! nothing to see here! Smile

• Oh. My. Goodness!  Thank you, PemiBlue!  I found the search feature on this message board rather ineffective (who wants to search 60 pages of "Don't Ask Me" to find out if your question has been asked before?!)  Either that, or I was rather ineffective at figuring out how to use the search tool... which is quite possible as I never spent a lot of time with it.  I will use *your* search method from now on.
  • Yeah.  Andy said it himself "I'm sorry you have to use that crappy board."  Although the search feature on the old board wasn't much better.
  • No... not crappy! I hope aross doesn't really believe that. The board is easy to read, posting is not difficult. I read through the "Please report new message board bugs and annoyances here" thread (in search of search help), and it's clear that he made a bunch of updates that improved usability. 

Now that I've zeroed in on a search method that gets me to pages rather than threads (or I guess here they're called "topics"), all shall be well, and all matter of thing shall be well.

• I know this is probably the stupidest question ever asked on here, but who is singing the song 'I Want You so Bad I Can't Breath (If You're Down)?' Because that doesn't really sound like Damian to me.
  • daisychains said:I know this is probably the stupidest question ever asked on here, but who is singing the song 'I Want You so Bad I Can't Breath (If You're Down)?' Because that doesn't really sound like Damian to me.

It's Tim.

• Ah. Thanks, beckysioux!
  • So I'm just curious, of everything ever posted on this thread this is the only thing I really got curious about but the link didn't work:

http://okgo.forumsunlimited.com/index.php?showtopic=3182

Anybody know where I could find that?

• I think what you're looking for is in the book of essays here.
  • Totalgeek42 said:

So I'm just curious, of everything ever posted on this thread this is the only thing I really got curious about but the link didn't work:

http://okgo.forumsunlimited.co.....topic=3182

Anybody know where I could find that?

You might already know this (but just in case you don't), a recording of Damian reading his essay, "A Dog is No Reason to Stay Together" from the book, Things I've Learned From Women Who've Dumped Me is available for purchase through amazon/audible.com for only $1.95.  It is so well written/narrated- 11 minutes of sweetness covered in awesomesauce Wink

• :O

That was exactly what I needed.  Thanks.  XD

• jamdkoff said:

You might already know this (but just in case you don't), a recording of Damian reading his essay, "A Dog is No Reason to Stay Together" from the book, Things I've Learned From Women Who've Dumped Me is available for purchase through amazon/audible.com for only $1.95.  It is so well written/narrated- 11 minutes of sweetness covered in awesomesauce Wink

...I did not know that.  Thank you.  Just downloaded. :-D

• to be fair, i thought the book was a pretty entertaining read :) i actually bought a copy (had it shipped all the way fm the UK to HK coz...well HK's not gonna hv a book like this any time soon methinks) coz i wanted to see what Colbert and Dan Savage had to say :P soooo. do consider the book as well! :D x

math is 12! :D must be my day...my birthday is 12 dec :P x

• crap sorz for spamming, but how do i delete posts? o.O x
  • laydeejol said:crap sorz for spamming, but how do i delete posts? o.O x

You can't. :-(

Happy Belated Birthday, though!

• Yeah, I was considering just going for the whole book.. I like essays like that anyway.  Cuz I'ma geek.  Haha, not like anything about my username couldda tipped you off to that or anything.  xD