In this Discussion

Random Stuff

Comments

• DJRose said:
    darbie_starpower said:

first of all, i am disappointed in the lack of randomness going on around here...

second of all, it was 8 years ago today that i joined the old school ok go board... 8 years!..

You are amazing, Darbie.  :-D  Happy Boardiversary!

Wow! What a lovely, strange trip it must have been/must be!

And I've been remiss. Here's some random:

An axolotl.

• I got to see an axolotl when I went to Niagara Falls this summer. Coolest lizard ever.

• Not as impressive as Darbie's stats, but I've been on the boards for a little more than 4 years and this is my 3500th post.
  • DJRose said:Not as impressive as Darbie's stats, but I've been on the boards for a little more than 4 years and this is my 3500th post.

it's hard to be as impressive as me :p... congrats on the 3500+ posts!..

• First off, there needs to be a "jealous list" thread. But there isn't so this goes here:

My sister met and hung out with Nathan Fillion and FORGOT TO TELL me until tonight! SurprisedSurprisedSurprised

Incidentally, she stopped by tonight, for the first time this entire year. Also incidentally, she did none of the things for which her stopping by was needed (see the other threads where I explain my foodless, laundryless, painful wheelchair-related woes). So it was entirely pointless and I still need help. But that isn't important here. She hung out with Nathan freaking Fillion ! AND FORGOT TO TELL ME!

This was during the 2nd issue with my chair over the summer. The one during which I missed OK Go entirely and was unable to get to the Arcimoto events (for which I had written ad campaigns, by the way), particularly the ones at which Captain Tightpants and Jon Heurtas were present (Nathan's featured in my pitch for one of the Pulse spots). Yell

See? I need a thread for jealous outpourings. Laugh Or maybe this is just a WTF? thing (How could she forget to mention that?? I am why she even knows who he is!).

I need to go watch Salsa Dog now.

• ChristelAdina said:

First off, there needs to be a "jealous list" thread. 

I agree! There also should be a "do you know what I just realized?" thread, because I feel like I am always realizing things, and I never know where to share them! And wow, major fail on your sister's part for forgetting to tell you that! That's pretty amazing news, after all.

Congrats on 3,500 Rachel!

• RANDOM!!

Well, not to me.

Thought of the 10th Doctor when I saw the pics coming out with Damian in 3D glasses.

A Time Lord and a Rock Star.

Won't choose.

---Except Christel said she could take David Tennant off my hands for me, so I didn't have to choose.Laugh

• Pretty uncanny-- the messy dark hair, the glasses, right down to the hand in frame. Although, I hope that's not Damian's hand in frame, as it would involve some alarming contortions. Ah! But if it were, you could sorta see the two as arguing in Italian.
  • They have tarantulas in Southern California?! Is this true???
  • Tempe Arizona said:They have tarantulas in Southern California?! Is this true???

Probably in the desert. Though my mom grew up there and says she never saw any.

So my mom just referred to Dan as "that Dan guy." This bothers me a little. If you know somebody's name, then why refer to them as "that *name* person" rather than just using their name? I don't know why this bothers me.

Edit: Whoa, this was my 600th post. That seems like both a lot and not very many at all. Huh.

• PemiBlue said:Pretty uncanny-- the messy dark hair, the glasses, right down to the hand in frame. Although, I hope that's not Damian's hand in frame, as it would involve some alarming contortions. Ah! But if it were, you could sorta see the two as arguing in Italian.

Yeah, it's a fan's hand in Damian's pic. But the symmetry is still cool.  His expression in that shot matched the closest with David Tennant's Doctor shots that I had. Oh, just thought - if the Doctor was wearing his blue suit on that episode, and having paired it with this shot of Damain, that could have been freaky!

This is still the Random thread, right? Okay, good. Because, I'm RANDOM!

• Thank you for the congratulations everyone! 

In other news, today my boss took our department out for lunch.  It was lovely, but I ate too much dessert.  Like, I'm at the point where thinking about eating sugar makes me a tad queasy.  Then, when I got back from lunch I discovered that another section had a cookie swap and left me a buttload of cookies and such.  They are sitting on my desk, smelling cookie-like.

So I'll smell a cookie and think "Mmm, I want a cookie" then I'll actually consider eating that cookie, feel ill, and put the cookie down.  Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

• feel free to send some of those cookie smelling cookies my way...
  • gonna make holiday cookies soon... that means dashingly dressed buisnesssnowmen cookies.
  • Now I know why I've been craving cookies so much, it's because of yoose all.

(I don't do the whole Southern "y'all" thing. The more I stay here, the prouder I am to be a Jersey girl. So it's "yoose all")

• Tempe Arizona said:

Now I know why I've been craving cookies so much, it's because of yoose all.

(I don't do the whole Southern "y'all" thing. The more I stay here, the prouder I am to be a Jersey girl. So it's "yoose all")

I refuse to use the word "y'all." While I do have some roots in Alabama, I don't consider myself southern at all, so that word sounds wrong when I use it. I also don't let my best friend or family members say it. We just use "you guys." And we are very proud of that, oddly enough.

Random. I have to wait 15 minutes before I can vacuum for my brother's graduation party tomorrow, so I figured I'd spend some quality time at the OK Go boards. Laugh

• What do you call those bathtubs with the jet things in them? I have one of those in my house. Honestly, I've been a bit frightened by it. I take baths in the other bathroom. I'm afraid I'll break the jet tub or get an electric shock or something. Hey, I'm all about luxury, but I'm afraid of it sometimes. So a year and a half of using that jet tub as a spare stand for holding towels and clothes, and I finally decided today to try the jet tub. I approached cautiously. I was afraid to fill it to high (I hate to waist water). I almost thought the stupid thing was broken, but then I discovered the jet thingies won't work unless they're completely submerged in water. But wow, after I got over my fear, I felt like Balki Bartokomous from Meepos discovering some sort of really cool strange American invention. Can you put bubble bath in those jet tub things? I was afraid I'd clog the jet thingies. I'm not sure if you're even supposed to take a proper bath in one of those tubs. Still, I finally broke in the stupid jet tub.
  • Bronson Pinchot must be trying to signal me, he keeps coming up in conversation.

Tempe love, don't put bubble bath in a jet tub.

• Tempe darling, put bubble bath in the jet tub. Put bubble bath in the jet tub!!

Or have the Teenys do it ;P

• beckysioux said:

Tempe darling, put bubble bath in the jet tub. Put bubble bath in the jet tub!!

Or have the Teenys do it ;P

Yes yes yes! Have the Teenys do it!! We could definitely use a new Teeny story. Laugh Fantastic idea, Becky!

So I'm sitting in the airport waiting for the flight crew to give the ok for us to board. I hope they let us on soon, I'm so tired I could cry.