In this Discussion

Few Great OKGO articles

Comments

• 1) The host of that podcast is Jian Ghomeshi, formerly of Moxy Fruvous.  They were one of the best bands of the 90's. Go watch this. Now watch this:

2) That version of Last Leaf Effing Broke. My. Heart.

3) Damian comments that he cannot say "Paracadute" with his arms down, several days before I unknowingly did likewise at the MHoW.  Awesome.

• DJRose said:

2) That version of Last Leaf Effing Broke. My. Heart.

3) Damian comments that he cannot say "Paracadute" with his arms down, several days before I unknowingly did likewise at the MHoW.  Awesome.

AGREE. It almost makes me cry as much as T's Song.

My friends and I had a long conversation about the word "Paracadute!" (which I cannot type without an exclamation point) and how it could possibly be a super power where you would say "Paracadute!" and then HAVE to pump your fist (or in this case, punch someone.)

Paracadute! **punch** Paracadute! **KO**

You may also be the most annoying superhero ever.

• That "Q: The Podcast" was really a treat to listen to - I mean the whole thing, not just the incredible ending.  I love it when the interviewer does his/her homework and everyone seems to be genuine and relaxed.  LOL at Andy: "I was hanging on for dear life, to be honest."
  • autumnraina said:That "Q: The Podcast" was really a treat to listen to - I mean the whole thing, not just the incredible ending.  I love it when the interviewer does his/her homework and everyone seems to be genuine and relaxed.  LOL at Andy: "I was hanging on for dear life, to be honest."

True, true. Nothing gets me ticked more than when an interviewer doesn't know what s/he is talking about (example: this interview) except for maybe bad grammar, as evidenced here.

• Aleatory said:

My friends and I had a long conversation about the word "Paracadute!" (which I cannot type without an exclamation point) and how it could possibly be a super power where you would say "Paracadute!" and then HAVE to pump your fist (or in this case, punch someone.)

Paracadute! **punch** Paracadute! **KO**

You may also be the most annoying superhero ever.

I have to put in an exclamation point too!! Often all caps as well. I was trying to explain to a friend this whole... thing... and finally I just posted that NY clip on FB with our very own Rachel demonstrating. Laugh

Yes, that could very well be the most annoying superhero ever.

Wow I have to get listening to this podcast!

• Paracadute!!!!!!!!!!! i loved that Nerdist Podcast interview, i loved the bit where he says, 'whats that story where the chick sleeps on a pea...' lol

• This is the story:

And this is the reason why I'm posting the above story:

The neighborhood with the most points by Jan. 28 will be crowned the winner and get to party with OK Go on Feb. 5.

San Franciscans will do battle on video games that will be at bus shelters and whoever wins the most gets to have a block party with the boys.

Still waiting for something awesome to happen in Chicago...

• beckysioux said:

This is the story:

The neighborhood with the most points by Jan. 28 will be crowned the winner and get to party with OK Go on Feb. 5.

San Franciscans will do battle on video games that will be at bus shelters and whoever wins the most gets to have a block party with the boys.

I agree that this should be occuring in Chicago as well. I mean, obviously, I would want it to take place in several cities (Portland or Seattle, maybe? Wink), but Chicago should be top of the list for this sort of thing.

• ChristelAdina said:
    beckysioux said:

This is the story:

I agree that this should be occuring in Chicago as well. I mean, obviously, I would want it to take place in several cities (Portland or Seattle, maybe? Wink), but Chicago should be top of the list for this sort of thing.

Yes? Yes.

• Aww, the SF muni. I love the muni. I miss SF and San Jose.
  • Tempe Arizona said:Aww, the SF muni. I love the muni. I miss SF and San Jose.

Tempe, were you from SF/SJ?  That's where I currently am. :) 

Also, here's a link for any Bay Area people.  It's for the bus stop derby article Becky put up a few posts before.  http://www.busstopderby.com/  

I'd love to go since it's their first Norcal show since June, but it looks like the Tenderloin district of San Fran is currently in the lead and I wouldn't want to risk a friend parking their car in that area.

• Oye vey, the Tenderloin area of all places?! What did a bunch of hobos get together and make it happen?

No, I'm not actually from SJ/SF area, but I absolutely love the place. I've only been once and got really familiar with muni thanks to a boardie's recommendation. How do you like living there?

• Just to bring this stream back on topic, i came across this article titled: 'How To Make Your Music Video Go Viral: 10 Tips From Cee-Lo, OK Go & More' :)

http://links.visibli.com/share/411740

• Tempe Arizona said:

Oye vey, the Tenderloin area of all places?! What did a bunch of hobos get together and make it happen?

No, I'm not actually from SJ/SF area, but I absolutely love the place. I've only been once and got really familiar with muni thanks to a boardie's recommendation. How do you like living there?

Well, now North Beach is in the lead which I am pleased about.  Hooray!

I've actually lived in the Bay Area my whole life so it's nothing too spectacular for me.  I must say that I do enjoy it here very much.  The weather's nice, food's great, and there's enough technology and art here to keep me happy.  Oh, and you haven't experienced the muni until you have to stand on the edge of a chair to squeeze in.

• This is the most entertaining OK Go interview I've read in a long time.  Nice. :-D

http://www.confrontmagazine.com/web/2010/12/06/ok-go/#more-4481

• Great find!  The first three quarters of the interview were okay and I didn't understand what you found so entertaining... until they started talking about their future selves.  Damian and Tim are so funny when they just start rambling.  What imaginations! 
  • That interview made me laugh, and since I'm pretty down today, that was really appreciated.  :)  Thanks for the link!

OMG math=23!  That IS the magic number, yes/no?  I feel kind of sparkly.

• Here's a new interview (video!) up brought to you by Gigaom :) x

• Pretty excellent article from SPIN:

Career Move of the Year: Videos Go Viral

According to Kulash, corporate sponsorship has been better than label support for ensuring quality: Firms want their name out there, attached to innovative projects; labels want to hedge their bets, holding on to money until you can prove you have a hit. "It becomes a gigantic game of Risk played in the cultural sphere by people who control your rent," says Kulash, who admits the band's mission in 2011 is to get people to care about the music as much as they do about the videos.

I am very interested to see what they'll be doing in 2011 to make this possible. I know I care a bazillion times more about the music than the videos, as most of you do, too. But what can they do to change the minds of those who just watch the video instead of listening to the music/lyrics?

• I'm interested in what they might do as well, because I'm at the moment lobbying for OTBCOTS to make the "Slipped Discs" section at PopMatters--and for me to write said piece, of course (because it somehow didn't make the year-end list of albums even though I know I'm not the only staff member who had it high in the top 10). I'm also trying to get in a blurb at another publication that didn't mention it on the albums of the year despite, again, several of my colleagues agreeing with my suggestion for its inclusion. The concensus still seems to be, "OK Go is only about viral music videos", even in the face of the fact that there would be no viral music video without the music, and the music has to be quite good for the videos to catch on regardless of the videos' innovations or content.

It's a weird thing for people to think anyway, considering that the "viral" videos only came after the first two albums, that this was the first record to have an actual emphasis on videos (what with the sheer number of them so far, I mean) and that the emphasis has never been videos over music from the band's perspective. So I'm definitely interested in what might be done to change the general public's view (I have a few ideas, but I can't wait to see what the guys dream up!).