In this Discussion

Damian is Hot!

Comments

• violetchaos364 said:

Holy freaking crap -  Surprised ! THIS!

I was looking up 'paisley patterns' and thought, hey, I'll look up "OK Go paisley" and see what happens, and this pops up! This picture, of which, amusingly, has no paisley in it.

*is dead*

edit – Oh, the pic got squished. Still cute, though. =D

Amber, that photo is from the Kardiac Kids stuff.  Have you seen it?

Oh, and for the sake of responding, the google search thing is hilarious.  I've been giggling over it all day (well, once I got over the initial embarrassment).  At least it's my favorite picture of me with Damian.

• DJRose said:
    violetchaos364 said:

Holy freaking crap -  Surprised ! THIS!

I was looking up 'paisley patterns' and thought, hey, I'll look up "OK Go paisley" and see what happens, and this pops up! This picture, of which, amusingly, has no paisley in it.

*is dead*

edit – Oh, the pic got squished. Still cute, though. =D

Amber, that photo is from the Kardiac Kids stuff.  Have you seen it?

Oh, and for the sake of responding, the google search thing is hilarious.  I've been giggling over it all day (well, once I got over the initial embarrassment).  At least it's my favorite picture of me with Damian.

Who says that the Google search is fake?? :D Not moi.

• toiletdog said:

Adam might disagree with you there, T-dog.  xxxx

• Do you have any links to the Kardiac Kids stuff, Rachel?  I found one a while back and was able to watch the first video from the series, but it had no sound (!), and the other videos were all disabled though I could view the list and see descriptions of what they were.  I would love, love, love to get ahold of them somehow.  They looked entertaining.
  • DJRose said:
    toiletdog said:

Adam might disagree with you there, T-dog.  xxxx

Yeah, well......OK; you've got me there. The same goes with mine. :)

• TipoDeemin said:Do you have any links to the Kardiac Kids stuff, Rachel?  I found one a while back and was able to watch the first video from the series, but it had no sound (!), and the other videos were all disabled though I could view the list and see descriptions of what they were.  I would love, love, love to get ahold of them somehow.  They looked entertaining.

I wish I had a better answer than this.

Sadly all that one can get of the Kardiac Kids anymore is Breakfast With The Kardiac Kids and the Loopt promo.  Maybe Becky can step in here?  I think she kept in touch with John (Toby Granger) more than I did at any rate.

My favorite line ever from a KK sketch: "Wings?  Wings is LESS lame?"

• DJRose said:
    TipoDeemin said:Do you have any links to the Kardiac Kids stuff, Rachel?  I found one a while back and was able to watch the first video from the series, but it had no sound (!), and the other videos were all disabled though I could view the list and see descriptions of what they were.  I would love, love, love to get ahold of them somehow.  They looked entertaining.

Sadly all that one can get of the Kardiac Kids anymore is

Thanks for the heads up on the Loopt promo!  I had never seen that one- so great Cool!

• are there alotta Tumblr users out there who let OK Go dominate their boards? maybe we shd consider making a list of usernames... :) x
  • DJRose said:
    TipoDeemin said:Do you have any links to the Kardiac Kids stuff, Rachel?  I found one a while back and was able to watch the first video from the series, but it had no sound (!), and the other videos were all disabled though I could view the list and see descriptions of what they were.  I would love, love, love to get ahold of them somehow.  They looked entertaining.

Sadly all that one can get of the Kardiac Kids anymore is Breakfast With The Kardiac Kids and the Loopt promo.  Maybe Becky can step in here?  I think she kept in touch with John (Toby Granger) more than I did at any rate.

My favorite line ever from a KK sketch: "Wings?  Wings is LESS lame?"

It's been a while since I checked the KK boards. But from what I remember, there was an issue with copyrights and they couldn't keep all the episodes up for public consumption. If you became a friend of the KK YouTube channel, you were able to see all the videos. I haven't gone there in a while either.

From what I can gather, they've moved on from the Kardiac Kids to other things. Damian is clearly too busy for anything like that right now. John is doing TV and movie work. Bill is doing Second City stuff in LA and working on movies as well. As for the drummer, no idea what he's doing.

Kardiac Kids was/is a great idea, but I don't think it got the lift off that they were expecting. I don't have access to YouTube at work, but I'll try to remember to check it out tonight to see if those videos are still up and if the KK channel has been accessed any time recently.

There is a Kardiac Kids thread on here somewhere. That should lead you to the KK boards and other random stuffs if'n yer interested.

• Becky.  Thank you.  I COMPLETELY forgot about that option.  I might have a solution. ;-)
  • You are all such bright, shining people!  :D  Those videos rocked my socks right off, especially the Loopt! Promo.

In thanks, I give you my husband's blurry camera phone pictures from the SLC show last Friday, since mine didn't turn out whatsoever...

(the rest here)

I may add my awful pics and more of his at a later date, but check the distance...  Front row.  It made my joy happen.

Since that's a poor reward, here also is the work of a much more competent photographer with a real camera whom I do not know but who attended the same concert and took much more lovely pics.  Her stuff is here, mixed in with a few other events she's seen them at.  I'd link them specifically, but she has that disabled, so I instead just advise you to check out the one with Damian standing on the drums.

• I'm just gonna go ahead and leave this here.

• ^^ You know what's really cool about that screen shot? The double blur of the people in the background makes Damian look sort of 3D on Ice! And what movie isn't better when it's 3D on Ice!
  • I thought the blurred ice skaters in the back just made this cap cooler, too! =D It reminded me a little bit of the WTF vid. I surely didn't do that on purpose. I was having a hard time pausing without OK Go-ness blur!
  • violetchaos364 said:

I'm just gonna go ahead and leave this here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....1EziTvBtrI

I am really starting to fall in love with the acoustic version of this song. And, of course, the picture is just lovely. Smile

• Okay, so I'm supposed to do a portrait in my painting class and it was pretty obvious who I'm going to pick. If you guys have an exceptionally beautiful picture that you think could be immortalized on canvas, I would love it if you could PM it to me...
  • Aleatory said:Okay, so I'm supposed to do a portrait in my painting class and it was pretty obvious who I'm going to pick. If you guys have an exceptionally beautiful picture that you think could be immortalized on canvas, I would love it if you could PM it to me...

I know this pic is nothing new, but it's one of my all time favorites and still makes my heart race a little every time I see it.

I once attempted to immortalize it for myself in Illustrator (total disaster due to my incompetence)

I think this pic would be beeeeeautiful on canvas!

• bullshituous said:
    Aleatory said:Okay, so I'm supposed to do a portrait in my painting class and it was pretty obvious who I'm going to pick. If you guys have an exceptionally beautiful picture that you think could be immortalized on canvas, I would love it if you could PM it to me...

I know this pic is nothing new, but it's one of my all time favorites and still makes my heart race a little every time I see it.

I once attempted to immortalize it for myself in Illustrator (total disaster due to my incompetence)

I think this pic would be beeeeeautiful on canvas!

I love this photo so incredibly much. It's my phone background maybe 60% of the time, and would be my absolute first choice for the painting if it wasn't black and white. There's a black-and-white project coming up soon, and I think I'm going to use it for that...

Thanks anyway, great minds and all that, but I'm going to have to pass, at least for this project.

• Snack_Cakes said:

Very nice. He looks so boyish.

My mom LOVES his newer short, short hair.

And I like the fourth pic best.

Any of those four.  ;)