In this Discussion

We. Have. Gmail!

edited November -1 in OK Go

Alright kids, the gmail account is up and running. First, a few ground rules.

1. Please do not change the password.
2. Please do not delete any messages.
3. Please do not upload any content that can be purchased from the band, i.e. Pink EP, Brown EP, Extra Nice Edition.

As of right now the gmail account has Appendices, Six Song Demo and a few live & rare tracks.

If you have any problems downloading any of the songs, please let me know via PM on here and we'll figure something out.

The gmail account has been aptly named: okgoappendices.

For now, I will not post the password in the public forum. If you want it, you gotta work for it. And by work I mean PM'ing me for the password. I check the boards at least once a day, so please be patient if I don't reply with the password immediately.

If any of the more seasoned Boardies could take a look over the songs I've uploaded and realize there are more that should be added, please add them. To add them, compose an email to the gmail account from the gmail account. Title it the name of the song you're uploading. Write in some general info on the song in the body of the email so we know what it is. I will move it to a folder I think it belongs in. Be sure to let us know here that a new song has been added. And thank you for adding more content.

And last, but certainly not least, ENJOY!

Comments

• That is completely wonderful! Thank you for setting it up!!! Smile
  • You are amazing! Thanks so much for doing this! Laugh
  • Um, hate to bring bad news, but while downloading the songs I didn't have, the window closed saying that there was so much activity on the account that it's locking down for 24 hours.  Maybe it's just locking on my computer, but if it's completely locked we might have a slight problem.

Good news is that more people on the boards have the songs now! Smile

• It probably has to do with #4: Leaving multiple instances of your Gmail account open.

Since there were at least 3 new people with the password, 2 or more could have had the account open at the same time.

I don't think they'll lock it down permanently. Looks like we'll have to wait until tomorrow to get back in. In the mean time, don't use the account until this time tomorrow.

Sound good?

Allergic to whole wheat.
  • Thank you so much Becky!  I'll give it a day or two before I check it out so we won't have any lockdown issues.
  • Becky, I think I love you.

I also will wait for a couple of days before accessing the account, to help ease the flow of traffic there.  Seeing as I already have Appendices, I can chill and wait for a couple of days for the demo and the live songs.

• So does anybody have it's tough to have a crush live – I know they've done it before, but a recording would be redonkeykongg.  :O

Also, that account is fantasticc.  :D

• Totalgeek42 said:

So does anybody have it's tough to have a crush live – I know they've done it before, but a recording would be redonkeykongg.  :O

Also, that account is fantasticc.  :D

I think I have that, on my other computer. Dammit, I really need to pull all of my shit off of that old thing.

• OK. So what I'm doing now is giving out the password and a specific day to log on and download the songs. I think I'm up to Monday the 20th as of now. I'm really sorry to those of you who have to wait that long.

And I apologize for this whole lock-down thing. Had I known this would be an issue, I might have chosen a different avenue to get Appendices out to people. But it looks like going forward this shouldn't be that much of a problem. I hope.

So, yeah, happy holidays and I hope y'all like the new schtuff you'll be downloading in the near future.

Math equals 13. Is that ominous or what?

Allergic to whole wheat.
  • Becky you rock.  I can put It's Tough to Have a Crush up later, and I'll see what I can see about any other rarities that aren't up. :-)
  • OK, I just put up a bunch of stuff, including some ancient A-Ross Experience (that's how the metadata labeling spelled it) and the live Tough to Have a Crush. 

If there's something specific you are missing, say the word and I'll see if I have it.  It was kind of hard to compare lists and get only the stuff that was missing up.

• I've been wanting the A-Ross Experience for so long. You've made me so happy Rachy!
    Allergic to whole wheat.
  • I got the lockdown message in the middle (well, really at the beginning) of downloading... so, since we are being assigned download days--and today was my assigned day--when should I try again?
  • ChristelAdina said:I got the lockdown message in the middle (well, really at the beginning) of downloading... so, since we are being assigned download days--and today was my assigned day--when should I try again?

Try again later tonight. It says it locks up for 24 hours, but it's not really that long.

This note is for everyone: If you have the password and your day has already passed, please wait until after the 26th to try and access the account again. There are still other Boardies who have yet to access the account and they've already waited almost a week to get there. Not to mention many more who are still waiting for their opportunity.

If you've already logged on and picked up what was already available, please wait to pick up any new stuff that has been added since your last visit to the account. I haven't even been back to the account since Saturday to try and stop the lock-ups from happening.

Again, I apologize for all the troubles this account is having, but if people will only access the account on their day, it should stop the lock-ups. Thanks!

Allergic to whole wheat.
  • Also, it occured to me that people may be forgetting to log out when they get the files. I had to log out immediately after it locked down on me because I needed to log in to my website's gmail account. However, people who don't have other accounts, or who aren't used to logging in and out of various gmail accounts, may still be logged in when someone else is trying to access it. So please log out when you're done. That may help with some of the problems.
  • HOLY FRAKKING GOD.

I can't believe that you have a cover of them doing Panic. That has to be one of my top three Smiths songs. I'm doing a Smiths show right now, and guess what, I'm singing it! OMG that made my day. Thank you. 
    Also, Women and Men and Hold the Line live on the first email can't be downloaded. They're .m4a. 

• Aleatory said:

HOLY FRAKKING GOD.

I can't believe that you have a cover of them doing Panic. That has to be one of my top three Smiths songs. I'm doing a Smiths show right now, and guess what, I'm singing it! OMG that made my day. Thank you. 
    Also, Women and Men and Hold the Line live on the first email can't be downloaded. They're .m4a. 

I know! "Panic" has always been one of my faves (when I was in high school, my friend had a music video / local events show on Eugene's Fox affiliate, and we made "Panic" the opening theme…not that Eugene has anything in common with the cities mentioned, but we still imagined slipping down lee-side streets!). LOVE the OK Go version!

In other news, I got "Hold the Line" fine, though, the file was forwarded to me and I downloaded it from my website email address. However, my virus software insists that "Crash the Party" is a corrupt, and therefore suspect, file. Oddly, just that one and none of the others.

• Aleatory, I don't know what to say about the files being in .m4a format. I just uploaded all the songs from my OK Go folder that has all the live and rarities. I think Rachel uploaded Women and Men again, so you could try to download that one when you're next able to be in the account. If that doesn't work, we'll try something else so you can get your hot little hands on it.

Christel, that live version of Crash the Party wasn't the best anyway. Though it is the only live version I've heard because they don't freaking play that song live anymore, which I wish they would. Also, good point on making sure to log out of the account!

Allergic to whole wheat.
  • This is amazing and wonderful and I definitely want to get in on this, but I'm going to wait until after Christmas.  Thank you so much for setting this up, and for hammering out the bugs. :)
  • beckysioux said:

Christel, that live version of Crash the Party wasn't the best anyway. Though it is the only live version I've heard because they don't freaking play that song live anymore, which I wish they would. Also, good point on making sure to log out of the account!

Ditto on this.  Honestly I'd even forgotten that I had it because I never listen to it.  If it shuffles up I skip it.  :-)