In this Discussion

We. Have. Gmail!

Comments

• ChristelAdina said:
    Aleatory said:

HOLY FRAKKING GOD.

I can't believe that you have a cover of them doing Panic. That has to be one of my top three Smiths songs. I'm doing a Smiths show right now, and guess what, I'm singing it! OMG that made my day. Thank you. 
    Also, Women and Men and Hold the Line live on the first email can't be downloaded. They're .m4a. 

I know! "Panic" has always been one of my faves (when I was in high school, my friend had a music video / local events show on Eugene's Fox affiliate, and we made "Panic" the opening theme…not that Eugene has anything in common with the cities mentioned, but we still imagined slipping down lee-side streets!). LOVE the OK Go version!

In other news, I got "Hold the Line" fine, though, the file was forwarded to me and I downloaded it from my website email address. However, my virus software insists that "Crash the Party" is a corrupt, and therefore suspect, file. Oddly, just that one and none of the others.

Maybe because your virus software sees that the file name has "Crash" in it.

*giggles*

*Goes to corner and dies*

• And that was one of the most fantastic nerdjokes I've ever seen.  xD
  • Hey there, all!  Today was my day for access to the gmail account (yay Smile).  Thank you so much to all who have shared; there is some wonderful stuff there!

I went ahead and uploaded my copy of Damian's Recordings of Elvis CD.  (It's that one he recorded/created during his Senior year at Brown in 1998). 

I don't know how many copies he produced (I so wanted to ask him when I got to meet him briefly a couple of months ago, but I froze up and all coherent thoughts escaped me Embarassed).  As I know this is a fairly rare recording and it is not commercially available, I am hoping this falls under the interpretation of "OK" to share.  If anyone knows or thinks differently, please let me know and I'll take care of it asap.  Enjoy!

• Totalgeek42 said:And that was one of the most fantastic nerdjokes I've ever seen.  xD

Why, thank you, m'dear. If you look around a while you'll see I make a lot of those. I hope  they're not just funny to me.

• jamdkoff said:

Hey there, all!  Today was my day for access to the gmail account (yay Smile).  Thank you so much to all who have shared; there is some wonderful stuff there!

I went ahead and uploaded my copy of Damian's Recordings of Elvis CD.  (It's that one he recorded/created during his Senior year at Brown in 1998). 

I don't know how many copies he produced (I so wanted to ask him when I got to meet him briefly a couple of months ago, but I froze up and all coherent thoughts escaped me Embarassed).  As I know this is a fairly rare recording and it is not commercially available, I am hoping this falls under the interpretation of "OK" to share.  If anyone knows or thinks differently, please let me know and I'll take care of it asap.  Enjoy!

I. LOVE. YOU.

I had always wanted to hear these (It's all about Elvis, you know!). Thanks!

• ChristelAdina said:
    jamdkoff said:

Hey there, all!  Today was my day for access to the gmail account (yay Smile).  Thank you so much to all who have shared; there is some wonderful stuff there!

I. LOVE. YOU.

I had always wanted to hear these (It's all about Elvis, you know!). Thanks!

Oh, I'm so glad to share Smile!  I'd love to know what you think of the tracks. The first time I heard them, I thought they were a little "strange," but I have grown to just love them!  When I am in just the right mood (you know- that one when you just NEED to hear some funky, distorted, jazzed-up experimental Elvis covers), only hearing Damian K. & his friends will do Cool (of course, that seems true for so many of my moods- or, um... all of them I guess Wink)! 

• I'm so excited to see what's up on this account but I will maybe ask the most stupid question:

What's the username of the account?? :D

• PinkMuffin said:

I'm so excited to see what's up on this account but I will maybe ask the most stupid question:

lol i believe the name is "okgoappendices" ;) x

• laydeejol said:
    PinkMuffin said:

I'm so excited to see what's up on this account but I will maybe ask the most stupid question:

lol i believe the name is "okgoappendices" ;) x

Hahaha...Man! This was so obvious! :D Thank you ;)

• Jamdkoff, you are amazing.  I didn't even know these existed.  I just downloaded them, and Adam is playing Rock Band, so I can't listen just yet, but I'm very excited to hear it.

In related news, Becky and I discovered that her versions of a few of the Appendices tracks were incomplete this week.  So I went in and uploaded new (to this account) versions of the following tracks: T's Song, Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want, Laserlight Sister, Init: A Song for Cynical #4, and Last December.  So you all can go get new copies in an orderly fashion.  Becky, you might want to assign dates with people?  After Christmas, of course.  I do realize you all are busy this weekend. ;-)

• Thanks for uploading the extended tracks, Rachel!

I think if we all just wait until after the new year, we should be good. I'd say, add two weeks to the date you were given to be on the safe side. Still, wait till the first of the new year to go back in as there are still people waiting their turn.

I haven't heard any issues of it locking-up recently, so I think we've ironed out most of the bugs. I think it was the issue of not logging out of the account that was causing the problems.

And Jamie, thank you so much for uploading the Elvis covers. Mayhap they are even rarer than Appendices. Wouldn't that be something?

Allergic to whole wheat.
  • ytd was my access day, and I juz wanted to thank everyone for uploading all those precious gems in there! damian's 1998 recordings showed such vision in the music that he loves, even back then, which is totally awesomefab (: 

This might come rather late, and I'm not sure if there's a proper album that holds this song, but does anyone want their cover of Father Christmas (originally by the Kinks)?  Lemme know if you guys want a copy, and I'll email it in. x

• Knowing the boardies, I hardly doubt anybody would mind one more song.  xD

• Totalgeek42 said:

Knowing the boardies, I hardly doubt anybody would mind one more song.  xD

:) song's been emailed into the gmail a/c, so download away :D (sorz for the delay, better late than never right? :P ) x

• laydeejol said:

ytd was my access day, and I juz wanted to thank everyone for uploading all those precious gems in there! damian's 1998 recordings showed such vision in the music that he loves, even back then, which is totally awesomefab (: 

This might come rather late, and I'm not sure if there's a proper album that holds this song, but does anyone want their cover of Father Christmas (originally by the Kinks)?  Lemme know if you guys want a copy, and I'll email it in. x

So glad you liked the "Elvis" recordings.  I completely agree... Damian (no surprise) must have always been "awesomefab!" Smile

I think that "Father Christmas" was released on the annual (2006?) KROQ Christmas charity compilation CD.  Is it just me, or does anyone else think that Damian sounds remarkably like Ray Davies on this track?

BTW-

Thanks for your kind words, Rachel- you are the amazing one.  You are truly an inspiration to us newer boardies;Smile

and speaking of inspirational people- thanks bunches to you too, Becky for all of your help and advice!  You're the best!Cool

• Thank you thank you thank you to Becky for creating the account, organizing the uploads, and monitoring the logins.  Really appreciate it!
  • Can y'all feel the love oozing from this thread? I'm just happy to have made each of your days a little brighter.

And to make things so bright you have to wear shades, I've added some Secret Dakota Ring tunes. They're live tracks ripped from the videos I took at the two shows Secret Dakota Ring has had. Really, you could probably rip them yourself, but I figured why go through the hassle when I already did it 2 years ago.

So, if you're keeping track at home, there are now 6 folders. They are:

Appendices
    Kulash Does Presley
    Live
    Secret Dakota Ring
    Six Song Demo
    Various

Don't forget to log out of the account when you're done.

Happy New Year everyone! Hope you're all enjoying the new music!

Allergic to whole wheat.
  • beckysioux said:

Can y'all feel the love oozing from this thread? I'm just happy to have made each of your days a little brighter.

And to make things so bright you have to wear shades, I've added some Secret Dakota Ring tunes. They're live tracks ripped from the videos I took at the two shows Secret Dakota Ring has had. Really, you could probably rip them yourself, but I figured why go through the hassle when I already did it 2 years ago.

So, if you're keeping track at home, there are now 6 folders. They are:

Appendices
    Kulash Does Presley
    Live
    Secret Dakota Ring
    Six Song Demo
    Various

Don't forget to log out of the account when you're done.

Happy New Year everyone! Hope you're all enjoying the new music!

Becky, you are the sunshine of my life. 

For realz.

• So I haven't been able to upload the SDR yet (DDD:), but I FIKNALLY got to listen to the Recordings of Elvis today when I worked out and it's amazingg.  Jeebus, I just love him more every song I hear.. o_O
  • I just added a live cover of the Violent Femmes' "Prove My Love" to the gmail account. I don't recall where it's from, but it has an interesting intro. It's in the Live folder.

Enjoy!

PS If anyone can translate what the intro and outro say, that would be awesome. Thanks!

Allergic to whole wheat.