In this Discussion

While the boys work on their third album...

Comments

• apparently, KAT stands for "Back from Kathmandu"
    I mean, of course it does, what was I thinking?
    wink.gif
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Dec 4 2008, 02:08 PM)
    apparently, KAT stands for "Back from Kathmandu"
    I mean, of course it does, what was I thinking?
    wink.gif

and here i was thinking it stood for kool albino troubadours...
  • (Electric) Kool-Aid (Acid) Test?
  • QUOTE (tonetoile @ Dec 5 2008, 07:58 AM)
    (Electric) Kool-Aid (Acid) Test?

If ever I start a band, I am releasing a record entitled that. Unless it is already taken. Is it?
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Dec 14 2008, 10:04 PM)
    If ever I start a band, I am releasing a record entitled that. Unless it is already taken. Is it?

Good question.. maybe not taken by a band, but it's a very well known literary work (1968)....

• Adding to this thread with a new fan memory biggrin.gif
    Not completely connected to OK Go, but it is in the sense that we are both boardies

Actually meeting Katie, unlike when we were both at the Grand Rapids show and didn't know it at the time, and getting to hang out with her a little and then going to see The Gents smile.gif

• QUOTE (bullshituous @ Dec 15 2008, 02:43 AM)
    Good question.. maybe not taken by a band, but it's a very well known literary work (1968)....

Well clearly I missed THAT reference.
  • Mother. Fucking. Bump.

What a great walk down memory lane. And just think, there's been more memories made!

I like this one a lot.

I also like this alot.

• Holy crap, how can my head be full of so many awesome OK Go memories, starting only since last APRIL!!!

How can I have so many new friends?

What a freaking weird and at times totally awesome year it's been!

• DJRose said:
    QUOTE (toiletdog @ Nov 22 2008, 08:51 PM)

I wanna meet Rachey! And Rose! And everyone else!

As SOON as they announce tour dates for the next album I am booking tickets to Chicago so that I can go to a show with all the Midwest boardies. That is a promise, barring any crazy unforseen circumstance.

And Thanks, Becky. I might have to post a few pictures of my own.

See?  I kept my promises eventually.  :-D

This thread made me smile So. Damn. Much.  Also a little sad, because I miss a lot of these people (TDOG I KNOW YOU'RE READING THIS ON RSS COME BAAAAAAACCCCKKKK YOU'VE MADE ME RESORT TO CAPSLOCK).  But it's been awesome getting to know all the newbies! 

Becky, you are truly legendary. ;-) xx

Oh and "Clearly, Bathrooms are a magical place" is probably the funniest possible response to that explanation.  And btw, I was super proud of that explanation.  Ahh the old days, when I was smart.

• DJRose said:
    DJRose said:

As SOON as they announce tour dates for the next album I am booking tickets to Chicago so that I can go to a show with all the Midwest boardies. That is a promise, barring any crazy unforseen circumstance.

This thread made me smile So. Damn. Much.  Also a little sad, because I miss a lot of these people (TDOG I KNOW YOU'RE READING THIS ON RSS COME BAAAAAAACCCCKKKK YOU'VE MADE ME RESORT TO CAPSLOCK).  But it's been awesome getting to know all the newbies! 

Oh and "Clearly, Bathrooms are a magical place" is probably the funniest possible response to that explanation.  And btw, I was super proud of that explanation.  Ahh the old days, when I was smart.

HA! You were right; RSS for the win!

I so, SO miss the boardies. That trip was majorly-epic. And we need to do it again. REAL soon (but preferably when it is warm; OK Go on the beach, perhaps?). :D

• So we totally should do something like that.  *Nodnod*

Even if I hardly know all of y'all.  xD

But in like.. not.. school time.. which isn't until june, discounting february and april breaks, and I'm busy april and february is way too soon.

Tha's upsetting.  D:

>>

• DJRose said:
    DJRose said:

Well, we all knew you'd keep your promise, it was just a matter of the boys scheduling a show in Chicago that would fit into the rockstar schedule you keep.

I'm only legendary because I tangoed with Damian.

Math equals 22. Darn, so close.

• beckysioux said:

And I am jealous to this very day.

JENN!!!  Hooray!  I got you!

I am so up for another boardie meetup it's crazy.  I once told Adam that I would only fly for an OK Go show ONE MORE TIME, just for Chicago to meet the girls.  Yeah.  It was too much fun meeting you guys.  Darn you all for being awesome.

• I like the two girls behind the tango who are totally tryign to steal the shot.  People will do anythign to get in a picture with Damian, I tell ya.  ;)

xD

• Totalgeek42 said:

I like the two girls behind the tango who are totally tryign to steal the shot.  People will do anythign to get in a picture with Damian, I tell ya.  ;)

xD

Stupids! Thank goodness they didn't ruin that pic. Nothing could.

toiletdog said:

I so, SO miss the boardies. That trip was majorly-epic. And we need to do it again. REAL soon (but preferably when it is warm; OK Go on the beach, perhaps?). :D

Did that (ok go on the beach)! It was awesome. It resulted in my facebook profile pic. If they end up at the Hangout Festival in Gulf Shores again in May, we all can do Ok Go on the beach. But it's a pain in the butt to get to, you pretty much have to drive from Mobile. But I'd prefer New Orleans if they comme there just cause I ain't bothering w/ that place otherwise.

• DJRose said:
    beckysioux said:

And I am jealous to this very day.

JENN!!!  Hooray!  I got you!

I am so up for another boardie meetup it's crazy.  I once told Adam that I would only fly for an OK Go show ONE MORE TIME, just for Chicago to meet the girls.  Yeah.  It was too much fun meeting you guys.  Darn you all for being awesome.

*nyuk-nyuk* Things are definitely better (and I have better communication) since graduate school break! :) I actually SEE people's emails and messages of "Where in the hell did you go??" :)

• Tempe Arizona said:

toiletdog said:

Did that (ok go on the beach)! It was awesome. It resulted in my facebook profile pic. If they end up at the Hangout Festival in Gulf Shores again in May, we all can do Ok Go on the beach. But it's a pain in the butt to get to, you pretty much have to drive from Mobile. But I'd prefer New Orleans if they comme there just cause I ain't bothering w/ that place otherwise.

Ahh I wanted to go to that show so much!! My grandparents live in Gulf Shores, so it would've been so cool to visit them and see OK Go. Glad to know the show was as awesome as I'd guessed it'd be, though. I went to The Hangout when I was finally able to visit a few months later, and I was like wow...I wish OK Go was here NOW.

...Did I even make a point in all that? Nope? Okay, I'll stop my rambling then. :P

• KristaMichelle said:
    Tempe Arizona said:

toiletdog said:

Ahh I wanted to go to that show so much!! My grandparents live in Gulf Shores, so it would've been so cool to visit them and see OK Go. Glad to know the show was as awesome as I'd guessed it'd be, though. I went to The Hangout when I was finally able to visit a few months later, and I was like wow...I wish OK Go was here NOW.

...Did I even make a point in all that? Nope? Okay, I'll stop my rambling then. :P

No, Krista, you did not mention that!! I would've LOVED to have met up with you. Your grandparents live in Gulf Shores? So lucky! It gorgeous. I know, when I walked thru the Hangout, I thought the exact same thing, "Ok Go must perform here!" If you want to read my photo-write-up, here's the linkie:
     /community/message-board/ok-go/hangout-music-festival-review-51610/

• I suppose it would be a bit too much to ask everyone to fly over to Hong Kong to visit me - except for Totalgeek42 coz menswear shopping out here is AWESOMEFAB and metrosexuals proudly roam the streets - but how could would it be if I could time a trip out to the US while you guys are meeting up and all???  Sigh. A girl can only dream. (: x