In this Discussion

Of the blue colour of the sky extra nice edition

13»

Comments

• It's really hard to figure that song out because he mumbles for most of it. And then with the gibberish mixed in, it's hard to tell if he's actually singing real words or not.

"Child of a hippie" sounds a lot more plausible than what I've been hearing for the last month or so.

• beckysioux said:

I've had problems trying to figure out some of the lyrics, too.

This is what I hear for "If You're Down"

Do you try to love a hippie, I've never seen you dance

I have to agree with DJRose.  I'm pretty sure the first lyrics are "Dear child of a hippie"... and further down it's "Oh, child of a hippie"...  but yes, the poor enunciation makes it difficult to figure out - especially when they aren't even trying to make sense.

• okgononsense said:

I have to agree with DJRose.  I'm pretty sure the first lyrics are "Dear child of a hippie"... and further down it's "Oh, child of a hippie"...  but yes, the poor enunciation makes it difficult to figure out - especially when they aren't even trying to make sense.

I concur with okgononsense. That's the first thing I heard and went, "yey, hippie children" when I first heard the song.

• I loved "If You're Down" and "Break the sand", the first mostly because it's Tim singing and I love that. and "Break the sand" doesn't sound as sad as the final version at all. It's almost kinda christmas-ish. It's just a plain cute song - a.k.a A-Ross's songs haha :)

QUESTION BOARDIES:

I finally purchased ENE a few weeks ago, but of course it will take another 4 months to get here, so I am wondering. What is this database code thingy? Do I only get it when I get the cd or...? I don't know, i'm just curious about this freaking database I hope I can have this coodeee

• laeticia said:

I loved "If You're Down" and "Break the sand", the first mostly because it's Tim singing and I love that. and "Break the sand" doesn't sound as sad as the final version at all. It's almost kinda christmas-ish. It's just a plain cute song - a.k.a A-Ross's songs haha :)

QUESTION BOARDIES:

I finally purchased ENE a few weeks ago, but of course it will take another 4 months to get here, so I am wondering. What is this database code thingy? Do I only get it when I get the cd or...? I don't know, i'm just curious about this freaking database I hope I can have this coodeee

Yes, you'll get the code with the CD.

Right now the only things available in the Database are OTBCOTS, Disc Two (ENE), Twelve Remixes of Four Songs, and the winners from the Indaba White Knuckles Remix contest.

And since I'm here... I think I like the Demo version of Back From Kathmandu better than the version on the album. Call me crazy, but it just sounds better and has a bit more heart in it.

Also, whenever I hear Skyscrapers now, I end up singing the alternate versus from the Demo.

• thaaanks Becky! :)
  • beckysioux said:
    And since I'm here... I think I like the Demo version of Back From Kathmandu better than the version on the album. Call me crazy, but it just sounds better and has a bit more heart in it.

Also, whenever I hear Skyscrapers now, I end up singing the alternate versus from the Demo.

I'm getting that with KAT. I'm always singing 'I asked are you a monster? You said, no I am not..." :)

• laeticia said:
    beckysioux said:

I'm getting that with KAT. I'm always singing 'I asked are you a monster? You said, no I am not..." :)

That's my second favorite OK Go lyric ever. The first being "mediocre people..." of course.

• just for the hell of it I tweeted to @okgo today:

'I think the demos for "White Knuckles" could be on the database. DON'T you think so too? Yes, please. :)'

got the following reply:

'Hm. We should definitely update the database. Maybe this week...'

• Aleatory said:

I'm listening to disc 2 and I came very, very, close to falling out of my chair when I got to the IWYSB demo. The lyrics are so, so....so very strange. And Tim singing on two (or more...I'm going down the list and I'm only on BFK. Btw, the monster lyric made me laugh.) is super-fantastic. These were the reason I was going to buy the album, and I'm definitely ordering it ASAP. I'm excited to listen to the interview, the boys got some 'splainin to do about those silly words. 

Also, I love the STM demo much, much more than the released version. I <3 songs that Tim's prominent on. (As I'm typing this I'm getting farther along.)

Which of the songs does Tim sing?
  • Chips said:

Aleatory said:

I'm listening to disc 2 and I came very, very, close to falling out of my chair when I got to the IWYSB demo. The lyrics are so, so....so very strange. And Tim singing on two (or more...I'm going down the list and I'm only on BFK. Btw, the monster lyric made me laugh.) is super-fantastic. These were the reason I was going to buy the album, and I'm definitely ordering it ASAP. I'm excited to listen to the interview, the boys got some 'splainin to do about those silly words. 

Also, I love the STM demo much, much more than the released version. I <3 songs that Tim's prominent on. (As I'm typing this I'm getting farther along.)

Which of the songs does Tim sing?

He sang the demo versions of IWYSBICB (If You're Down), Needing/Getting (More Than You Could Know), Shooting the Moon (Over the Moon), and All Is Not Lost (You Will Lose) on the Extra Nice Edition.