In this Discussion

Encounter with an OK Go member?

Comments

• PFFT. I WISH. (Still hasen't gone to a concert. XP I feel like such a noob compared to you OK Go EXPERTS. XD)

@Reina: I though I reconized you in your icon, I saw your Youtube video! Man, you're so lucky. Maybe someday they'll do a crazy parade through Canada. XD

Great job with the Parade video BTW.

• (Oh my gosh, so so sorry. My dial up kept on failing. Can you delete posts on here?)
  • Arrynisawesome said:(Oh my gosh, so so sorry. My dial up kept on failing. Can you delete posts on here?)

NOPE! Welcome to the tough love board - where it is tough to love the actual board! I think everybody double posts at least once - your dail up didn't help, I'm sure, but it could have happened anyway!

WOW, did I goof up some quote boxes once - I don't remember what thread, but, dang, it was like cubism.

Also, I never heard of OK Go before a year ago. Actually, a bit more than a year, now. YOUR TIME WILL COME TO SEE THE BOYS!

I'm in an all caps mood today - sorry folks!

• I was really super close to meeting Andy.  I saw him at an ATM 40 feet away and I froze.  I regret not running up to him so much.Cry 
  • violetchaos364 said:
    Arrynisawesome said:(Oh my gosh, so so sorry. My dial up kept on failing. Can you delete posts on here?)

NOPE! Welcome to the tough love board - where it is tough to love the actual board! I think everybody double posts at least once - your dail up didn't help, I'm sure, but it could have happened anyway!

WOW, did I goof up some quote boxes once - I don't remember what thread, but, dang, it was like cubism.

Also, I never heard of OK Go before a year ago. Actually, a bit more than a year, now. YOUR TIME WILL COME TO SEE THE BOYS!

I'm in an all caps mood today - sorry folks!

LOL, Well, I still love it anyway. XD

Yeah, Dial up never helps. Meh, It happens to everybody.

LMAO. I heard of them this year too. I had the MP3 for HIGA from a friend and didn't know what it was and then I looked it up and fell in LURVE. :3

I'm in a caps mood EVERYDAY. XD

• I've yet to see the boys, also. I've only known about them for about a year and a half. Which, for me, is a very long time and the first time I've loved a band for so long. 

I got bored one day over the summer and decided to do a youtube search on every artist I had in my music library. I had OK Go because I'd loved the song DWYW, which I'd heard on Guitar Hero. And that's how my obsession began one summer day…

I just wanted to mention something totally off topic for about half a second: My math is (almost) always 13… is it a sign?

• Arrynisawesome said:

PFFT. I WISH. (Still hasen't gone to a concert. XP I feel like such a noob compared to you OK Go EXPERTS. XD)

@Reina: I though I reconized you in your icon, I saw your Youtube video! Man, you're so lucky. Maybe someday they'll do a crazy parade through Canada. XD

Great job with the Parade video BTW.

thankyou :D

• YES! Thank you for posting your report here, too, Taciturn!
  • A brilliant account of a brilliant encounter!

It was nice to read the full story, rather than the truncated and confusing tidbits on Twitter. I adore the photos of you with Damian and Tim, and I hope you have just as much fun at the next show. Smile Now I'm going to watch the videos (I prefer to read things straight through rather than stopping for media in between... so I might be back to say more complimentary things after I see them!).

• You are a very lucky girl! Sometimes I wish I lived in California cause they do so many shows there, it'd be so convienient and easy to see them, but noooo, I have to live in the Great White North. Oh well. :3 Sounds like you had an AWESOME time! And the videos are great. AND you're seeing them again on tuesday??? Oh my god can I just be you. Seriously jealous right now. haha.  I really enjoyed watching the videos btw :D and the pictures were great too! I actually laughed out loud at the caption under your picture with Tim. It was quite funny.
  • The two sisters - were their names Kalinda and Julia by any chance?

Totally awesome review, Jasmine!  Congrats! :-D

• Oh my God, Taciturn, that sounds like you had a freaking awesome time. I have to say though, I am MORE than jealous! You went to the Yahoo! Derby party AND you're going to another concert on Tuesday?! Lucky! I'm glad you had a good time, though.

I've never met any of the band, although if I ever did see them somewhere public and not at a concert, I would never go up to them. I would point at them and make sure whoever I'm with saw them, but I would be way to freaking scared to go up and say hi. I mean, to me they're freaking GODS. No lie!

• DJRose said:

The two sisters - were their names Kalinda and Julia by any chance?

Totally awesome review, Jasmine!  Congrats! :-D

Yes, I think they were!  How did you know?

• Ha, Kalinda's a boardie, or at least was.  Her screen name is Eozvera (or something approximating that, I never could spell it), and if you want to talk legendary, SHE is legendary.  Ever heard in the Podcast where they're talking about the audioblogs, and Tim says he wants people to bring him stuff that smells sweet?  Well he mentions that one fan brought him a batch of the greatest brownies he's ever tasted.  Those are Kalinda Brownies. 

Or how about Tim's purple scarf with his name on it?  Guess who made that?  Kalinda.  And then he lost it, and she made him another one.  But that's not the whole story.  She found out that he lost it because he actually complained about losing it in an interview, because it's one of his favorite gifts from a fan ever.  "Kalinda," I'm pretty sure, is the Chinese word for Epic. ;-)  

And as for how I knew, well, you said the sisters were Asian.  The concert was in San Francisco.  It was an educated guess. OH, and the part where Damian was signing a card for someone.  That's a patent Julia move.  She's done that loads of times that I can remember.  Kalinda's sig used to be a photo of the card Julia had them sign for her.

And one time, Kalinda did this for me:

She'd never even seen The Script before, but she knew I loved them and heard they were going to be in town.  So she managed to get herself in alongside some contest winners and filmed that birthday wish for me.

• Well, looks like I'll see them again!  Actually they wanted to come to tomorrow's show but didn't have a ride so my friend volunteered to bring them back up to San Francisco.

That explains everything... they had talked about making brownies and Tim had showed them his scarf!  I had no idea... hahahha.  They were just some super-friendly fans that I hung out with after the show. :)

• That really is funny. :-) 

I'm so jealous of you guys getting to see them again so soon (I've got no business complaining with number of times I've seen them several days in a row, but still).  There were two dates in January that I was supposed to see OK Go (or at least just Damian) in NYC that fell through for one reason or another.

Sigh.  Oh well.  At least I have a math WIN.  23!
  • Reading this posts makes me want to cryyyyy I want to see them again

just once

once more

God, can that beee? xD

Lolz!!

Anyways, thanks to Jasmine there I'm getting my tattoooo as some of y'all know. I cannot believe it still, I thought I was never getting that handwriting, I'm still spechless about it!

Jasmine has the most confy place in my heart (sitting just beside OK Go hahaha) 

• Oh my gosh Rachel. You wrote like my entire OK Go history. Hahaha. And after reading that, I just realized how awesome I am. Wink

And Jasmine! I didn't know you were on the boards! But I haven't been here in months so that's probably why. I'll see you in a few hours?

I was going to add that I talk to Tim about things that aren't related to scarves or brownies, but actually that's not true. Those are pretty much the only topics of conversation we have. Or at least I have. But in my defense, on Saturday, when he came out after the show he was holding his scarf in his hands, so I had to talk about it.

And finally, I miss coming here. Seeing OK Go again has helped me remember that, so I'm going to try to stop by more often. But now I have to get ready to leave! So excited!

• ezorvera said:

Oh my gosh Rachel. You wrote like my entire OK Go history. Hahaha. And after reading that, I just realized how awesome I am. Wink

And Jasmine! I didn't know you were on the boards! But I haven't been here in months so that's probably why. I'll see you in a few hours?

I was going to add that I talk to Tim about things that aren't related to scarves or brownies, but actually that's not true. Those are pretty much the only topics of conversation we have. Or at least I have. But in my defense, on Saturday, when he came out after the show he was holding his scarf in his hands, so I had to talk about it.

And finally, I miss coming here. Seeing OK Go again has helped me remember that, so I'm going to try to stop by more often. But now I have to get ready to leave! So excited!

K, you really should stop by here more often!

If you see this before you leave, tell Tim I've made him two batches of red velvet cookies, but never got a chance to get them to him. He's missing out because they're really delicious.