In this Discussion

OK Go on TV shows, movies commercials etc.

Comments

• I heard 'Do What You Want' on a Dave n Busters commercial once. I was like OH I KNOW THIS SONG and started jamming out for fifteen seconds until the commercial was over.
  • laeticia said:

sorreeeh again

but

just saw this:

this illustration looks pretty awesome!

Thank you so much for posting this. Beautiful. Now I know the origins, fully. Finally!

• That is so freaking sweet! I always knew the story but illustrating it just makes it a hundred times better.. visualize the awesomeness!
  • laeticia said:

I think this is the right topic to post videos, right?

and they're too adorable not to share

http://vimeo.com/18779517

and

http://vimeo.com/18782859

Cute vids.  Nice to have that old pic of Damian walking on the chairs explained.  However, watching him sneeze into his hand and then into the air was a little unsettling.  Yeah, so I suppose I'm a bit of a germ freak.

• I'm putting this here because we talked about the Flip commercial on page 38.

Win an OK Go signed Flip Cam! Details here.

If any of y'all win this, be sure to let us know!!

• Hey i just want to let you know that OK Go will be on Lopez tonight on 2/3 :D i haven't seen or heard their songs on tv for a while so im excited!
  • I always hear "do what you want" in some restauraunt commercial. and oh! the treadmill dance was replicated on the Simpsons! theres alot of other things like the OK Go Flip commercials that were shown during christmas time
  • According to this article, the boys will be in "The Greatest Movie Ever Sold".

Intercut with footage tracing Spurlock's attempt to land sponsors are interviews with filmmakers including Quentin Tarantino, Peter Berg, Brett Ratner and J.J. Abrams about product placement, artistic integrity and marketing. Musicians such as Big Boi from OutKast and the guys from OK Go discuss the creative compromises involved in lending their music to commercials.

I'm very interested in what the boys have to say about letting companies use their music in commercials. Good, bad, indifferent? And I wonder if their music in these commercials garners more fans or if it turns fans off. I doubt that will be answered in this movie, but I'm still curious to know their viewpoints on it.

I'm also interested in the movie. Morgan usually makes very interesting and thought-provoking documentaries.

• If you haven't seen their performance on Lopez Tonight, yet, click here.

• And here's some more from the Lopez show. 

http://www.lopeztonight.com/behind_the_scenes/ok_go_in_stereo_for_your_eyes.php

I haven't been able to watch with sound yet (::shakes fist at work::) but I was happy to see Mike and Mr. & Mrs. Kulash! :-D

• Rach, it is funneh.

Damian has the best line, "Unfortunately I can’t have the booze today because I had too much of it last night."

And I loved that Dan still wears the hoodie from the Apple Bash thingy from last year.

• i don't know if anyone has already mentioned this, but i heard OK Go on the movie "Ramona and Beezus" during the water fight scene!! i was so excited! XD
  • beckysioux said:

Rach, it is funneh.

Damian has the best line, "Unfortunately I can’t have the booze today because I had too much of it last night."

And I loved that Dan still wears the hoodie from the Apple Bash thingy from last year.

Yeah that part is good, particularly the "hangover reaction shot". Laugh Who is Victoria (when I saw elsewhere that family was in the video, I just assumed I'd see Trish)?

• I think Victoria is their* assistant, especially since he calls her "our guardian angel". When he did the interview with NPR a while back, he was calling for a Victoria, who, I am assuming, is the same Victoria as in the video.

*OK Go/Paracadute

• Not sure if you guys hv seen this yet, but I came across a PSA for the organisation Stand Up 2 Cancer.  Annnddd...guess whose song became backing soundtrack? :D 

<-- see right here :)

• Found this off a webbie called http://www.gear4music.com: 

OK GO FENDER GUITARS TO BE SOLD FOR CHARITY
    (anyone have $11,000 to spare?) 

3 Squier by Fender guitars, which the boys purportedly used in recording their wallpaper version of Do What You Want, are up for grabs in the name of charity. 

StratocasterTelecaster and P Bass make up the set, with the unique guitars being specifically designed for the promo film, reports the official Fender blog FrontRow. 

It was shot in a single room where every surface, prop, instrument and performer was covered in the same damask wallpaper pattern.

As with several other videos made by the band, it ended up achieving online fame, with the short film being viewed more than 500,000 times on YouTube.

The Fender guitars used in the video are now being sold off in support of the manufacturer's Music Foundation, with a price-tag of $11,000 (£6,877) being put on the items.

A host of other rare and valuable pieces of musical memorabilia is also being sold off to support the efforts of the charity.

Deets can be found here
  • Damn, only $10,950 to go.
  • laydeejol said:

Not sure if you guys hv seen this yet, but I came across a PSA for the organisation Stand Up 2 Cancer.  Annnddd...guess whose song became backing soundtrack? :D 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....wC87ZKF1dQ <-- see right here :)

that video made me cry and laugh a lil bit :')

KICK ASS THIS TOO SHALL PASS ON THE BACKGROUND SHIZZZZZ

HECKYEA!
  • Ooooo So i was pretty bored so i watched the roast of pamela anderson on comedy central and for her montage they used You're so damn hot.
  • beckysioux said:

According to this article, the boys will be in "The Greatest Movie Ever Sold".

Intercut with footage tracing Spurlock's attempt to land sponsors are interviews with filmmakers including Quentin Tarantino, Peter Berg, Brett Ratner and J.J. Abrams about product placement, artistic integrity and marketing. Musicians such as Big Boi from OutKast and the guys from OK Go discuss the creative compromises involved in lending their music to commercials.

I'm very interested in what the boys have to say about letting companies use their music in commercials. Good, bad, indifferent? And I wonder if their music in these commercials garners more fans or if it turns fans off. I doubt that will be answered in this movie, but I'm still curious to know their viewpoints on it.

I'm also interested in the movie. Morgan usually makes very interesting and thought-provoking documentaries.

So, I'm quoting myself, whatevs.

Here's another article about the movie: SXSW: Morgan Spurlock's 'The Greatest Movie Ever Sold' Bring Its Pitch To Austin

On the plus side, Spurlock interviews OK Go and ends up recruiting them
    to record a song for the movie as The Greatest Rock Band Ever to Write a
    Theme Song. It plays during one of the montages.