In this Discussion

End Love vid thread

1235»

Comments

• Aleatory said:

I love this video. It was really fascinating. In other news, Becky, are you in the front of the Tampa show pic? I was looking at my poster and it looked like you. EDIT: Just checked facebook. Guess it is you (and Debbie, as well!)

After not getting into the Chicago or Indy show pics, I'm really glad at our positions for the Tampa show. Even if we are dirty and red.

Dusk13 said:

Wait… how did he get to be in the video? It sounds like people were chosen. Did I just miss some huge announcement or something? -feels stupid-

Don't feel stupid. From what I've gathered over on FB, fans were asked to participate via the Newsletter. And upon further non-scientific-investigation, the Newsletter is also area/city specific so they can target a fan base in a place they're going to be doing stuff. Since the vid was filmed in Echo Park, the Newsletter sent to LA fans probably included the request for participation in the vid. (This is all based on my own findings. I have no inside knowledge or anything of that nature. Just wanted to make that clear.)

I'm still waiting for a request for something in Chicago. That is, if they shot a video in Chicago. Skyscrapers anyone?

• beckysioux said:
    Aleatory said:

I love this video. It was really fascinating. In other news, Becky, are you in the front of the Tampa show pic? I was looking at my poster and it looked like you. EDIT: Just checked facebook. Guess it is you (and Debbie, as well!)

After not getting into the Chicago or Indy show pics, I'm really glad at our positions for the Tampa show. Even if we are dirty and red.

Dusk13 said:

Wait… how did he get to be in the video? It sounds like people were chosen. Did I just miss some huge announcement or something? -feels stupid-

Don't feel stupid. From what I've gathered over on FB, fans were asked to participate via the Newsletter. And upon further non-scientific-investigation, the Newsletter is also area/city specific so they can target a fan base in a place they're going to be doing stuff. Since the vid was filmed in Echo Park, the Newsletter sent to LA fans probably included the request for participation in the vid. (This is all based on my own findings. I have no inside knowledge or anything of that nature. Just wanted to make that clear.)

I'm still waiting for a request for something in Chicago. That is, if they shot a video in Chicago. Skyscrapers anyone?

That would be awesome. Although I'm still hoping for a less-exclusive (**coughcoughwhiteknuckles**) Portland shoot. We have so much cool stuff here.... and hipsters who work for cheap!

• I found this video on YouTube. It's a pretty good imitation of OK Go's 'End Love' video!

• PinkMuffin said:

I found this video on YouTube. It's a pretty good imitation of OK Go's 'End Love' video!

Wow. That is seriously amazing. You should tweet the vid to OK Go. They really need to see this.

I was a little worried that there was no Orange Bill, but then bam, there's a dog at the end. Hmmm, End Love and White Knuckles kinda combined?

Good find!

• beckysioux said:
    PinkMuffin said:

I found this video on YouTube. It's a pretty good imitation of OK Go's 'End Love' video!

Wow. That is seriously amazing. You should tweet the vid to OK Go. They really need to see this.

I was a little worried that there was no Orange Bill, but then bam, there's a dog at the end. Hmmm, End Love and White Knuckles kinda combined?

Good find!

Totally agree with you! I thought about tweet the video to OK Go! I'm sure that it took a lot of work to make this video and OK Go should definitely watch their video! Their efforts have to be noticed! :)

• PinkMuffin said:
    beckysioux said:
    PinkMuffin said:

Good find!

Totally agree with you! I thought about tweet the video to OK Go! I'm sure that it took a lot of work to make this video and OK Go should definitely watch their video! Their efforts have to be noticed! :)

I LOVE YOU PINKMUFFIN!! I got obnoxious all over FB with that vid on your behalf!

I thought the same thing about the dog, Becky!

• I tweeted it to OK Go, so hopefully they will watch it! They just got 218 views on their great video!

That's really unfair.

Hahaha... good job, Amber :D

• PinkMuffin said:

I tweeted it to OK Go, so hopefully they will watch it! They just got 218 views on their great video!

That's really unfair.

Hahaha... good job, Amber :D

Spreading the OK Go, OK Go fans, and PinkMuffin LOVE!!!

• That End Love fan video was great!  They did a really good job!
  • I checked their video today and guess what I found!!

OK Go finally watched the video and commented it!:

"We are all freaking blown away by this, we can't stop watching. You guys are seriously amazing!"

I'm so glad that they watched it! :)

• PinkMuffin said:

I checked their video today and guess what I found!!

"We are all freaking blown away by this, we can't stop watching. You guys are seriously amazing!"

YEEESSS!!! YAY!

• violetchaos364 said:
    PinkMuffin said:

I checked their video today and guess what I found!!

YEEESSS!!! YAY!

When it eventually gets done, I hope that the boys (and Jeff Lieberman, who was the director of the original) end up seeing mine....I cannot explain how jealous I am.

• Aaaaaaaaaaaah Orange Bill was in a news report!

• Maria AKA Orange Bill is back in the news. This time because her lake has to be drained and closed for clean-up for two years. You can read the full story here. Make sure to watch the embedded video, too.

Maria's fame grew last spring, when the Los Angeles-based band OK Go
    began to scout Echo Park Lake for an 18-hour shoot that would be sped up
    into a four-minute music video. As the band set up, all the other geese
    in the park dispersed. But Maria stayed by the band as they filmed,
    biting through the skin of guitarist Andy Ross when he tried to shoo her
    away.

There was only one solution: Make her a star.

Maria became a constant throughout
    much of the video. In one of the final images, dozens of people formed a
    circle around the group on the side of the lake and spun rapidly. In
    the center stood a remarkably stationary goose.

"We were like, people are going to think we have a trained goose," Mr. Ross said.

And there's another article here.

Perhaps Maria should tour with OK Go during the clean up.

And one more article here to make a trifecta.

Maria has other human friends too. When the rock band OK Go filmed a
    music video called "End Love" last year at Echo Park Lake, she
    befriended Tim Nordwind, one of the musicians. In the finished video,
    viewed 4.2 million times on YouTube, Maria has a cameo role.
  • I remember seeing a news report on Maria on Global a few months ago. I think it was before I really obsessed over OK Go though.

Also, I swear, I keep on watching the video and there's one frame where it looks like all the four members are sitting on the bench at the end.

Am I going nuts or what?