In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• DJRose said:

...Really?  Now I'm a little sad that I missed the Grammy pre-show.

They were not shown. Kelli was doing the red carpet fashion stop with the 360 camera platform, and had just had Bruno Mars and his two rat packer cronies looking sharp and suave. The other host (I don't know her name, I don't have cable, but she's famous for being a host on E! and now she's got a reality show) began gushing about how refreshing it is to see men/musicians well-dressed like that and how you really only see any real effort in that area from OK Go, who (paraphrasing) do it more colorfully, but always look classic.
  • ChristelAdina said:
     The other host (I don't know her name, I don't have cable, but she's famous for being a host on E! and now she's got a reality show) began gushing about how refreshing it is to see men/musicians well-dressed like that and how you really only see any real effort in that area from OK Go, who (paraphrasing) do it more colorfully, but always look classic.

Giuliana Rancic?
  • YKYOW...

...you know the words to every song, of every album, of the best band ever (guess who)
  • YKYOW you're making a documentary for a film class on fashion and you fantasize about skype interviewing one of the boys for it...
  • You should pitch it to them. Seriously... you could do a segment on the importance/effect of fashion choices on audiences and how the band's choices (currently of bright colours) fit within its overall aesthetic.

You could also do a piece called "AwesomeSocks: Footwear Makes the Man" The truth beneath the trouser cuffs and the role of this overlooked, often underappreciated, accessory.

(Ok that last bit was mine from years ago when I worked at an international non-profit and every day involved being forced to parade my hosiery choices for all the offices to see because my supervisor was impressed by how my socks always outshone her designer shoes. I was making it a running joke at one point, with puns like "put yourself in my socks for a minute...")

I don't see any reason you couldn't include at least a phone interview... You should ask.
  • I mean I'll probably email them, just in case, but a 15 year old first time movie maker?  Doubt they'll agree.  xP
  • Your age has nothing to do with it, I think they'd at least consider the idea. I mean look at all the small, lesser-known blogs and student papers Damian has done interviews with…I think they might love the idea of talking about something they don't normally get to discuss except in red carpet situations, where it's usually a "You look good." "Gee, thanks." exchange.

Plus, it's for your film class, right? They're into that kind of thing. Anyway,  it never hurts (very much Wink) to ask.
  • I s'pose that's fairr.

I guess I'm just worried that if they say no, I'd be disappointed, but if they say yes, I'll suddenly feel huge pressure to make the documentary amazing... oO

*Sending an email anyways*

Wish me luck?
  • Of course! Good luck!Smile
  • Best of luck Skylar! I wish I'd emailed them about a paper I wrote last year. I used them as a case study in talking about the decline of the music industry and transition to the digital age. I used a bunch of Damian quotes, but it would've been amazing to ask him some new questions.

Seriously, you need to ask them. I totally regret not doing that.
  • It doesn't hurt to ask and the worst thing they can say is no.

Good luck, Skylar!
  • Good luck, Skylar!

YKYOW

I went to this Jewish mixer thing at a comedy club on Valetine's Day. There was one dude there who actually knew about Ok Go and was at the last concert I had been to in AZ. He became strangely, temporarily appealing just for that. YKYOW Ok Go can make a dude more interesting to you than he should probably be.
  • (They said no)

YKYOW you get uncomfortable after talking about which Harry Potter guy is most attractive and feel the need to send everyone a picture of Damian Kulash, cuz he's obviously most attractive...
  • Totalgeek42 said:

YKYOW you get uncomfortable after talking about which Harry Potter guy is most attractive and feel the need to send everyone a picture of Damian Kulash, cuz he's obviously most attractive...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I feel an image manipulation comming...........

• Tempe Arizona said:

Good luck, Skylar!

YKYOW

I went to this Jewish mixer thing at a comedy club on Valetine's Day. There was one dude there who actually knew about Ok Go and was at the last concert I had been to in AZ. He became strangely, temporarily appealing just for that. YKYOW Ok Go can make a dude more interesting to you than he should probably be.

YKYOW you seriously consider forcing your friend to date a guy just because he likes OK Go.  He's Jewish, and he likes OK Go.  That's a keeper, I know from experience.
  • DJRose said:

Tempe Arizona said:

Good luck, Skylar!

YKYOW

YKYOW you seriously consider forcing your friend to date a guy just because he likes OK Go.  He's Jewish, and he likes OK Go.  That's a keeper, I know from experience.

lol rach can u ship him out to HK for me ? ;) x
  • YKYOW you're sitting in video class, just chillin', when suddenly from above you comes the sound of someone hammering.

16 times.

Fast-paced, and in perfect rythm.

And then you get confused, because White Knuckles doesn't start up.

>>
  • Totalgeek42 said:

YKYOW you're sitting in video class, just chillin', when suddenly from above you comes the sound of someone hammering.

16 times.

>>

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh man, this thread is killing me!
  • laeticia said:

Totalgeek42 said:

YKYOW you're sitting in video class, just chillin', when suddenly from above you comes the sound of someone hammering.

16 times.

>>

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh man, this thread is killing me!

I would do the same exact thing! * falls over laughing *

YKYOW you have big plans for Dinky Demian's future. He's going to be a fan. Just like us. And the plan is already underway! Today I showed Dinky the Here It Goes Again video and the White Knuckles one.

And at the beginning of White Knuckles, I was laughing so hard inside because I thought of what you said, TotalGeek. Oh lord.
  • DJRose said:

Tempe Arizona said:

YKYOW

Lol, I know, I know! Except that I think our only connection is a love of Ok Go and both being Jewish. (I wish he wasn't two years younger, that actually makes him perfect on paper for my sister). And instead the bald old dude who kept butting in when me and Ok Go dude where exchanging info is the one who three days later e-mails me for a date. FYI, did you know facebook has both improved and destroyed dating?