In this Discussion

OK Go Dreams

Comments

• I've been resisting posting here until I had a new OK Go dream to share - had one this morning, so now it's sharing time!

Back in April I had my first OK Go dream when I dreamed that Damian stopped to help me get my car unstuck from mud during a rainstorm. Yeah, baby, you know how that goes, when you're all covered in mud and soaked to the skin and the damn car won't go - well, there's only one thing left to do, and it's not 'change a tire.'  Unless that's a euphemism. :)

Then, a little later, during allergy season to be precise, I dreamed that Damian arrived at my house to hand-deliver a promo DVD for a new cd they're working on.  So, we were watching the DVD and, er, getting friendly *blush* (and I couldn't help noticing that they made Dan sing on the DVD, and he was really good!) and just as I was discovering this fabulous little bonus mini-disc tucked away on the back of the DVD case, the ability to breathe suddenly became increasingly difficult due to pollen attack in the real world.  So I woke up way too soon from that one.  Never got to finish the DVD or see what was on the bonus mini-disc.

This morning I dreamed that OK Go had their own sit-com or other humorous-style TV series (ala the Monkeeys?).  And some boardies and I happened to be hanging around some public location where the band was filming part of their latest episode.  The episode apparently involved a collection of mildly delusional people who thought they were famous people/rock stars, and there was some kind of group therapy thing about that.  I don't know, mainly Tim and Dan were involved in that part (possibly leading the therapy group? There were many lolz), but I wasn't paying good attention.  I was upset because Damian was conspicuously missing, and because there was some annoying sub-plot that involved some gal kissing Andy, which I objected to. :)  So, they were wrapping up filming for the day and I said to the rest of the boardies, "What do you guys think about this episode?  I dunno, but I think it's pretty lousy.  I mean, no Damian?  And some chick kissing Andy, and it's not ME? (I jest LOL)"  Then two things happened, the first being that Andy suddenly appeared around a corner and was scowling at me. (boo) The second was that Damian came up over a rise in the grass and he was grinning from ear to ear and wearing shiny gold-colored shoes.  ROFL  He was so pleased with his shoes.

I want to see Damian wearing gold-colored shoes someday in real life.

• I have had a couple of Monkees/Beatles in HELP! style OK Go dreams! Laugh And I don't know if gold shoes are what we'll see, but in mine Damian is always super pleased and proud of something he's wearing, too, so I suspect this is an actual Damian personality trait (to disappear and then return with some shiny new accessory or ensemble to show off) we're picking up on. In one of my dreams, Damian was really upset that people weren't more impressed by a shirt he was wearing, because apparently it could talk... but Tim had a spectacular cape and was therefore stealing all the attention. Smile
  • ChristelAdina said:I have had a couple of Monkees/Beatles in HELP! style OK Go dreams! Laugh And I don't know if gold shoes are what we'll see, but in mine Damian is always super pleased and proud of something he's wearing, too, so I suspect this is an actual Damian personality trait (to disappear and then return with some shiny new accessory or ensemble to show off) we're picking up on. In one of my dreams, Damian was really upset that people weren't more impressed by a shirt he was wearing, because apparently it could talk... but Tim had a spectacular cape and was therefore stealing all the attention. Smile

http://www.thinkgeek.com/tshirts-apparel/interactive/a5bf/

Except that Damian doesn't NEED a talking accessory because he'll likely interrupt it, anyway. I mean, does Damian need ASSISTANCE to talk?

I love the Monkees. Laugh

• I love the Monkees too, I loved it when they'd show reruns during school holidays Smile

So...I had my first OK Go dream a couple of nights ago, although it was actually more of a Damian dream.

I was in Paris and I was searching for the Musee de l’Orangerie because I wanted to see the Monet paintings there  (I did actually go there on an art trip with school when I was about 17)  I think I kept seeing Damian in the crowd but I was so bothered about not finding the museum I didn't really think about it, until somehow we realised we were looking for the same place.  I have no idea how we figured that out, but then we were suddenly at the museum together looking at the paintings and talking about Monet.  Then I woke up!  Random! Laugh

He didn't have gold shoes on though, shame.

• I've had around three OK Go dreams... I can only remember two. But the third was something about watching the Do What You Want video...

The first was I was reading an article on OK Go, and it only had a few sentences.

" OK Go died peacefully.

And Dan was crying on a hill."

To me it was more like: " And Dan was wailing in agony on a cemetary hill." That was a weird dream.

The second was more of an Andy dream, really. I was in a band with A-Ross, and he was sitting on a chair while I was talking to him. He told me we were touring in London, but I told him that there was no possible way I could. He told me that we could 'sneak around that' or something, but then we just kept argueing until I woke up.

• Last night i had  a strange Ok Go / Neil Young dream, i am a big fan of both.

I went to a Ok Go concert, which was held in a big field in the middle of Cornwall UK.

Only trouble was the farmer had forgot to remove the cows, so everyone (there were thousands)

got excited when the band came on stage and the cows started to moo. The band  were all dressed

in their coloured suits, then Damian said he was no longer going to sing in the band, just play

guitar, they had a new singer, who was scared about coming on. Then on came Neil Young dressed

in Fringed jacket and a cowboy hat. Everyone just stood there and the cows kept mooing.

I woke up just as Neil started to sing Get over it. :) 

• I was reading this forum right before i went to sleep and YES! i had an OK Go dream :) 

I was working at this store where we sell clothes and give "makeovers" and Tim came walking in looking for sweaters so i showed him some sweaters and his mustache was crooked so i trimmed them for him and he said thankyou and asked what my name was then left.a year later tim came back in again but now he was doing an OK Go gig right next door and asked me if i want to join him so i said yes.Then all of a sudden they said they're going to do this new dance routine and for some reason Drew Carey was the director...And Andy started running around asking who was single xD and Dan was running after him with this Hawaiian grass skirt .

• I had a really random dream last night where I walked out of a club and saw OK Go, Amber, Hannah, and a couple of other boardies (the others faces were indistinct but in the dream they were definitely boardies) singing songs from Once More With Feeling (the Buffy musical). Veery random.
  • hyannah77 said:I had a really random dream last night where I walked out of a club and saw OK Go, Amber, Hannah, and a couple of other boardies (the others faces were indistinct but in the dream they were definitely boardies) singing songs from Once More With Feeling (the Buffy musical). Veery random.

I would like to have this dream (as someone who has been caught singing songs from Once More With Feeling in public, it would be nice for it to be OK Go adjacent. And for other people to be involved Embarassed)

• I had a dream with a record THREE Damians in it. Two Dinky Damian's with long hair, and one life-size short haired Damian. It was very weird.

At the beginning I was climbing this black medieval castle tower in the middle of a city flowing with lava and one Dinky Damian was on my shoulder and one was on my hand. We were talking about something... I think the one on my shoulder was telling me to hurry my ass up the tower. Then all three of us got to the top of the tower, and everything went black for a second. When the dream came back, I was sitting at my kitchen table with all four of them - the two small Damis had disappeared and the big one came -  and they looked very serious. Then Tim said that we had some very serious business to talk about. So he asked me to pull out my sketch book and show them the sketches I had of them in there.

Yes.

•  
    Had another Ok Go strange dream, i was on a boat, which was stuck in the middle of the ocean with all of Ok Go, Jenny, Amber, Rachel, Becky, Christel and Jade.
    To get the boat going someone had to go under the boat to repair it, Damian said he would do it. The only thing he could wear was an old diving suit with big lead boots and one of those big screw on fish bowl hats.

The band helped him in to the water and down he went, he was gone a long time and we were all worried about him.

After a while he came back up, they got him on the boat and we helped get him out of his suit. Damian said he was sorry he could not fix the boat, he then started laughing and said it was ok as he had caught lots of fish and then took hundreds of fish out of his suit, at least we wont go hungry.

Andy, Tim and Dan then jumped on top of him, it was then i woke up Laugh
  • rockchick said:

Had another Ok Go strange dream, i was on a boat, which was stuck in the middle of the ocean with all of Ok Go, Jenny, Amber, Rachel, Becky, Christel and Jade.

To get the boat going someone had to go under the boat to repair it, Damian said he would do it. The only thing he could wear was an old diving suit with big lead boots and one of those big screw on fish bowl hats.

The band helped him in to the water and down he went, he was gone a long time and we were all worried about him.

After a while he came back up, they got him on the boat and we helped get him out of his suit. Damian said he was sorry he could not fix the boat, he then started laughing and said it was ok as he had caught lots of fish and then took hundreds of fish out of his suit, at least we wont go hungry.

Andy, Tim and Dan then jumped on top of him, it was then i woke up Laugh

Now I'm picturing Damian in The Navigator Smile (It's my favourite Buster Keaton film).
  • It seems like I have dreams about these guys every other night. XD

The one I had last night wasn't really about OK Go, more about a song from them. I was sitting in this huge conference room with a bunch of other people my age and everyone was discussing one thing, which I can't remember. All of a sudden, a girl in front of me started singing Women and Men, starting with 'Tadaaaaaaaaa' because something had happened that was a magic combination. I started jumping up and down in my seat, excited beyong excitement, shouting that I know that song and singing along with her.

It was so fun. At first I thought it was real, too... But alas, nobody I know outside of here knows that song.
  • I've had a few OK Go dreams, (Mostly daydreams in math class LOL) one that I has was that my mom (Who is actually a bus/transport driver) got hired on last minute to drive their tour bus and I had to tag along because my mom didn't want to leave me alone.

I bet you I was squealing in my sleep. 8D
  • I had another OK Go dream but the thing is i always have weird ones...So it was Damian's birthday but he brought a bucket full of pink glitter and went up to each person and sprinkled it on top of their heads saying "I'm Cleaning you with GLITTER!"and he did jazz hands everytime he said glitter xD
  • Reina Suio said:

I had another OK Go dream but the thing is i always have weird ones…So it was Damian's birthday but he brought a bucket full of pink glitter and went up to each person and sprinkled it on top of their heads saying "I'm Cleaning you with GLITTER!"and he did jazz hands everytime he said glitter xD

How weird! I say that because I DO THIS. No really. Laugh If you ever hear someone refer to "the Glitter Girl from the Lobby Bar", that's me!

I love that you had a dream about Damian doing this, and with pink glitter!
  • ChristelAdina said:

Reina Suio said:

I had another OK Go dream but the thing is i always have weird ones…So it was Damian's birthday but he brought a bucket full of pink glitter and went up to each person and sprinkled it on top of their heads saying "I'm Cleaning you with GLITTER!"and he did jazz hands everytime he said glitter xD

How weird! I say that because I DO THIS. No really. Laugh If you ever hear someone refer to "the Glitter Girl from the Lobby Bar", that's me!

I love that you had a dream about Damian doing this, and with pink glitter!

haha! "the glitter girl from the lobby bar" . the thing is everytime i have a dream i feel like I'm actually there  and the dream was actually longer but that was the funniest.but i also remember that Damian was also a ballerina and he was wearing a tutu and dan was dancing behind him with his hula skirt from this vid  at 1:23 haha
  • These dreams make me smile. Mine usually feature them for a brief moment. I think the longest one was where I was at the mall- where they were supposed to have a concert- and I bumped into Andy, who was lost. The dream consisted of me following Andy around- not being as helpful as I wanted to be- as he tried to find the rest of the guys.

And that video is amazing, haha. I love Dan... seems like Shakira has some competition.
  • I've had several OK Go dreams and I don't remember all of them.

One of them was there were at a mall that was apperently across the street from my house. I don't remember a lot about it but I remember a huge hug from Damian and riding horses with them.

I had another one lately with A.Ross.  I was in a play and he was part of the crew.  We went to the grocery store. together.

I hope you dont feel like my dreams are boring because I could do into depth of dreams that I had that were much more intersting than going to the grocery store. I've had lots of others I just don't remember them. :)
  • To the grocery store? Together? :D Sounds like an awesome dream to me!

I had one where I was sitting in this crowded purple bus with red seats in it, somewhere near the back. It was a double decker, and Andy came down with a microphone and said that he was really sorry it was so crowded and that the concert on the top deck of the bus was being delayed because of technical difficulties. But he had a BRITISH ACCENT in the dream! Two of my favorite things, combined!

Andyway, in the end I realized I never did get to see that concert on the top deck.