In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• Younger schmonger.  My Mom is 2 years older than my Dad, and you found this guy first.  Your sister can find someone on her own.

Ignore old bald dude who clearly couldn't take a hint and go find young OK Go loving Jewish boy.  Tell him, look, maybe we had a mediocre first conversation, but mediocre first conversations lead to exceptional ones all the time.  I'm sure you'll discover all kinds of things you have in common.  I am pretty certain that you both like to eat.  You probably both like movies. There.  That's a starting point.

I am now considering re-writing the lyrics of "Matchmaker" to have something to do with OK Go in them...

"For boardies, make sure he's sick of HIGA,

His favorite track is Do What You Want;

For me, well, make him like the Kulash,

So fashionable, genius, and tres gallant!"

That took about 5 minutes to write.  Tops.  I think I need help.  See what you've done, Roseleh?
  • Lmao, Rachel, you're clearly a genius.  xD
  • ^^ Ah know, isn't she!
  • YKYOW FIVE hours after reading the above exchange, you find yourself STILL singing Matchmaker...with Five hours of OK Go themed variations (You'd be amazed at what my poor brain can do with "socks" and "BAMF" and such!).

I hold you responsible if I dream I'm Chava tonight.
  • ChristelAdina said:

YKYOW FIVE hours after reading the above exchange, you find yourself STILL singing Matchmaker...with Five hours of OK Go themed variations (You'd be amazed at what my poor brain can do with "socks" and "BAMF" and such!).

I hold you responsible if I dream I'm Chava tonight.

1) I demand to read your variations.

2) If you had a dream about being Chava, I want to know about that too.  Incidentally, my Mom used to walk to school with the actress who played Chava in the movie.
  • Tempe,

Two years difference is practically nothing!  I agree with Rachel.  She gave you some good advice!

Anyway,

YKYOW a word in a book is "across" but you accidentally read it as "aross".
  • Snack_Cakes said:

Anyway,

I do this All. The. Time. I think I posted this as a YKYOW way back when.
  • YKYOW your new favourite flower is the Pansey.
  • YKYOW bald guys are now instantly hot.

In other words, OK Go has changed my perspective on EVERYTHING.

Oh yes, and I'm always playing with my friend Austin's hair because it looks like a blond version of Damian's <3
  • beckysioux said:

Snack_Cakes said:

Anyway,

I do this All. The. Time. I think I posted this as a YKYOW way back when.

Becky,

I didn't see your old post, but it doesn't surprise me that you do this all the time!
  • YKYOW you have to watch all their music videos on your iPod or else you'll have a hard time sleeping.

Seriously, XD
  • YKYOW you're at a party and they keep playing non-OK Go music and you had a really busy week so you didn't have a chance to listen to much of them and at each song you have a new wave of disappointment and a new twinge of needing them and your boyfriend is like "You have a problem... you shouldn't be going through withdrawals for a band..." and eventually you just have to run up, plug in your ipod, and play them...
  • You know, when you are talking to your daughter and your grandchildren

are watching a kids programme on TV which are talking about bands and someone

mentions Ok Go and you stop in mid conversation with your daughter and ask

the grandkids did they just say Ok Go, and they say oh Nan you need help.

That happened the other dayLaugh
  • YKYOW your boyfriend's new mantra is "All is not Lost"...

;D
  • YKYOW you have to write a personal narrative in class... and you choose to write yours on just how you became obsessed with OK Go. Furthermore, while the narrative has to be two hand-written pages, yours is just a little more than four.
  • okay, i have been wanting to respond to this for a VERRRY long time. i must say that all of you boardies that have contributed to this thread crack me up daily. i always come here when i need an OK Go pick-me-up. :) after reading all of your responses i have seen that i could not find a single one that i did not agree with or experience myself on a daily basis. when this happened to me today i knew that this was the one i just HAD to post.....

YKYOW you see your economics teacher writing "OK" on the board in front of the class and you get a strong urge to run up, push him out of the way, and write "Go" next to it!

hahaha!! :D really should have done that...
  • YKYOW you have two people who you talk to on Skype.

Your status is currently set as "Well, it's tough to have a crush..."

Your boyfriend's status is set as "As it turns out, all is NOT lost" (Not exactly the lyrics, obviously, but it's only there BECAUSE of them)

And your other friend's status is "Mediocre people do exceptional things all the time."

With both of the other people, it's thanks to you that they listened to OK Go at all..

(Also, a different YKYOW: I just typed "thanks to you" and all I could think of was Dr. Horrible.  xD)
  • YKYOW- You find a way to incorporate OK Go in you art paper and your career research and reflection essay.
  • YKYOW your friend is looking at a setlist for a Dropkick Murphies concert that's coming up, and all you can think is "OK Go need to come around here again sometime soooooonnnn...><"

(23!!!!!!!!!)
  • YKYOW you have more money actually in your OK Go concert fund than just normal spending money. AKA, I have 37 dollars in that fund and five dollars out of it for me. Yeah, I'm not rich at all.