In this Discussion

shut up and kiss me

1353637383941»

Comments

• I agree w/ both my ladies, Jillian smile.gif
    This guy sounds conceited, and that's probably only because you actually told him how you felt... you're much braver than I!!
  • I agree with Katie, you are so much braver than I am too!! Move on and find some who appreciates you because you're the bee's knees. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Feb 24 2009, 05:40 PM)
    This guy sounds conceited, and that's probably only because you actually told him how you felt... you're much braver than I!!

He might not even be conceited - kids in high school are WEIRD and don't know how to deal with things like people who may like them but they don't necessarily like back. I mean, even adults aren't good with that. So I give the kids a little credit, but not too much.

But, again, it takes a WHOLE lotta' guts to flat-out tell someone how you like, so brava that you took the chance even if it didn't work out. I respect that a whole lot.
  • women can really ruin your night.
  • Men can really ruin your night, too. It runs both ways.

But you have my empathy.
  • met a girl. shes really nice. hope shes not crazy.
  • sorry, i found you. i AM crazy.
  • Was I created for the sole purpose of attracting the creepiest guys in existence?!
  • Boys must think I'm crazy.
  • HELP! Last night I saw the most beautiful creature I think I have ever seen, except Damian - and the thing is, he looks like Damian. He looks more like Damian than anyone else I've ever met. I think it's fair to say that explosions were going off in my head, with an urgent message to talk to him, to say anything, to take any opening, not to let myself miss the opportunity to speak to him. I did, and he was flirty and friendly, though also in an advanced state of drunkenness, so I'm not sure I can rely on that.

He's new to the city, just moved here four months ago, and doesn't know many people yet. He and I were at the same show by The Walkmen on Wednesday (I don't know how I missed him there!), so he's into music - and indie rock at that. He was out last night with four friends visiting from his former city, so I didn't talk to him long. I felt I was intruding on their night.

I gave him my number, but he did not offer his.

The question is, should I try to contact him? The only way I can do this is to send him a message on Facebook. I'm confident I could write it well and clearly and not seem creepy. The answer seems to hinge on whether I have anything to lose by contacting him. At this point, despite his flirtatiousness at the bar, I don't think he would try to contact me on his own. My friend Sarah says I could wait a week, and if I don't hear anything, then contact him.

It's remotely possible but not likely that I would run into him at some future event, so if he thinks it's totally weird to get a message from me on Facebook, it's not likely to result in some terribly awkward encounter later.

Advice???? What do you think?
  • im no professional, but id go for the message yes. listen to your friend

of course i am extremely deficient in the ways of love
  • I don't think you have much to lose by waiting a little bit and then sending a "just wanted to say hi, it was cool to meet you!" sort of message.

And if he does think you're totally weird for doing so and / or doesn't respond to you, well :

1) If you see him at a future gig, and he thought you were totally weird, he probably won't approach you.
    OR
    2) If you see him at a future gig, and you feel totally awkward, there will be plenty of people there to hide amongst. I mean, you will be at a concert, after all.
    OR
    3) If you see him at a future gig and you do wind up talking, you just play it cool. If he brings up not contacting you or not responding, then that's cool. If he doesn't, you just act like it never even happened. In fact, you probably forgot about it yourself.

And finally, 4) If he thinks you're weird for having said "hi" or doesn't respond 'cause he's lazy or somat, then, well, he's probably kind of a jerk and you shouldn't worry about him anyway.
  • Alright, I need some advice. So there's a guy I think is cute in my band ensemble at school. But he's in percussion and although I'm in the last row with the trumpets which is right in front of the percussion, there's no way of talking to him unless I wanted to be absolutely awkward and shout hey from a distance cuz he's never right behind me (even if he was that would still be awkward if I turned around and talked to him). Plus I'm really bad at talking in person.

So, here's the thing. I've been debating on adding him on facebook. But I'm not sure how creeper-like that would be since I've never spoken to him at all and it's a fairly large ensemble with many people in it. Plus, I don't know where to go from there if he accepts the request. unsure.gif There's not much that I can think of to talk about that is casual or small talk, and I don't want to come on too strong. I feel lame for trying this hard, but I really think he's cute and it's the first time in forever that I've felt anything for someone. So, any advice anyone??
  • Add him, don't worry. People add "random" people in their classes all the time. Except for you, he isn't so random. He just doesn't know that. YET!
  • If I'm so awesome, how come I can't get an effing boyfriend?

(random rant of frustration)
  • Tempe Arizona said:

If I'm so awesome, how come I can't get an effing boyfriend?

(random rant of frustration)

Aw, sad face (Frown). I pretty much know how you feel.

My big problem is that the guy I'm interested in (I hate the word "crush") seems to only like pretty airheads. I may be a lot of things, but I'm definitely not an airhead. It makes me really mad sometimes- not that I'm not an airhead, but that he is so... grrr...

Tempe, you are awesome. Guys are just... grrr...
  • Most of you know my hubby passed away 2 years ago, well last week a very nice, good looking

man a little bit younger than me, asked me out for a drink, i turned him down.

My family and friends think im mad, wonder if going for a drink would hurtSmile
  • rockchick said:

Most of you know my hubby passed away 2 years ago, well last week a very nice, good looking

man a little bit younger than me, asked me out for a drink, i turned him down.

My family and friends think im mad, wonder if going for a drink would hurtSmile

I don't think it'd hurt. I think it'd be pretty fun.Smile