In this Discussion

OK Go on TV shows, movies commercials etc.

Comments

• Aaand here's an article about an upcoming webseries about cereal featuring our boys:

http://www.appscout.com/2011/03/ok_go_get_a_box_of_cereal_and.php

I highly recommend watching that trailer past the annoyingly perky start.
  • DJRose said:

Aaand here's an article about an upcoming webseries about cereal featuring our boys:

Why do I keep getting surprised by the boys hijinx? I mean, come on, what else can they do?

And then they do something else that surprises and delights me.

I can't even tell you how much I needed this glorious wtf-ness today!

*magic!*
  • DJRose said:

Aaand here's an article about an upcoming webseries about cereal featuring our boys:

Hey! I bought a box of Strawberry Bunches of Oats just the other day! Laugh

(By the way, Almond is much better.)
  • Lmao, ohmyjeebus, that's so funny.  xD
  • DJRose said:

"We're rockstars!  We don't speak cereal."  LOL! Cool

• Screen cap from preview vid.

Notice the colors and the order of the colors on the art on the wall? Wink
  • The Keggs & Eggs concert is streaming live now here. Yay!

Edit: It's over now, but it was a lot of fun. Here are a few screen caps (and yes in the second one, Tim has a green mustache).

• Aw, I would have liked to have watched it. Alas, I was at work and they kinda frown upon that kinda thing while one is supposed to be working.

Thanks for the screen caps! I see that they at least did WTF?, what other songs did they do? And it's just so weird to see them in regular clothes when I always see them performing in their Crayola colored suits.
  • Oh Hello T-shirts!

Geez, I never thought I'd say that.
  • O hai Damian

Love the 'stache Tim

Other pics can be viewed here.
  • Oh yay, those pics are great!

It IS sorta different to see a show with no suits, no confetti. I didn't realize how much I'd been associating electric sets with the suits, and acoustic with casual until I saw this. I like that Andy's still wearing red, even though it's tshirts. Plus, Tim's mustache was very glowy and added a further dash of color.

Yeah, I lucked out on the timing, lunchtime here. I missed a bit at the beginning. But in the midst of a tough week, it was such a burst of happy, I was hoping others might catch some of the live stream as well.

As to songs, Becky, yes they definitely played WTF, as well as Get Over It, HIGA, A Good Idea at the Time, and ended with TTSP. It wasn't a long set, but there were other songs… hmmm…. apparently I can't watch and screen-cap and eat lunch and keep track of a set list at the same time. I believe "A Million Ways," "Invincible" and "Do What You Want" were in there, but I'm not sure. Oh well.

Lots of energy, and there was a cool fan-participation thing—a local drummer was called in to play all of TTSP, and I think that it may have been this fellow. In any case, it looked like he was having an awesome time, and he sounded great. There are a couple of videos here and here from the side of the stage.
  • I don't think I can embed this, but here it is:

The official trailer for POM Wonderful Presents: The Greatest Movie Ever Sold!

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810196212/video/24572218

Okay, this looks like a great film...but what are we really watching it for? The new OK Go single!

It's around the 1:41 mark if you want to skip to it, and plays through the end, but I do recommend watching the whole thing, as it's rather good.
  • Thx Aleatory! :] (or Aidan is it?) I've been looking around for the trailer for the longest time!

...does anyone hear hints of "This Too Shall Pass" and "Back fm Kathmandu" in "The Greatest Song I (or we) Ever Heard"? 
  • laydeejol said:

...does anyone hear hints of "This Too Shall Pass" and "Back fm Kathmandu" in "The Greatest Song I (or we) Ever Heard"? 

It definitely sounds familiar, but I was hearing a lot more of "no sign of life" ...
  • Okay, I don't know if this belongs in this thread but I searched for "band members goofing off on youtube" and couldn't find anything... and since it's both Dan AND Tim???

which means I have now double posted... oh well, shoot me.

Anyway, the two guys in a short youtube clip inviting fans to thier Latvia show:

• Close enough. Besides, it IS a sort of commercial, really. Laugh
  • okgononsense said:

It definitely sounds familiar, but I was hearing a lot more of "no sign of life" ...

http://www.amazon.com/Greatest-Song-Ever-Heard-Single/dp/B004RNY28M/ref=sr_shvl_album_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1300589512&sr=301-2

OK agreed, it defo sounds a LOT like "No Sign Of Life" :P 

Once again, I loathe the fact that I won't be able to buy this single off Amazon on 5 April 2o11 coz of country restrictions. GRRRR. >:[ x
  • Nice find, Jolean.  I LOVE that pic of Tim... has anyone snagged it and posted it to his thread yet?  

I *thought* I was hearing that riff from "no sign of life* through all the commotion of the movie trailer, but after hearing it clearly on that amazon clip... definitely!.. which is fine by me cuz I really like that song...  which is probably why I was able to pick it out on the trailer...

when it's available, I'll have to find some way to ethically get you a copy of that song...

so my math is 23...  why exactly do boardies get so excited over that?  (I know, I should go check the thread "don't ask me").  Does it mean Ed McMahon will show up at my front door with a check for a million dollars? Hmmm... not likely since 1) I don't play the Publisher's Clearning House thingy and 2) I think he passed away not too long ago.  Ah well...
  • okgononsense said:
    so my math is 23...  why exactly do boardies get so excited over that?  (I know, I should go check the thread "don't ask me").  Does it mean Ed McMahon will show up at my front door with a check for a million dollars? Hmmm... not likely since 1) I don't play the Publisher's Clearning House thingy and 2) I think he passed away not too long ago.  Ah well...

Well, 23 is my favorite number, so that's why I got excited when that happened.

As for everyone else, it has to do with the fact that aross' solo project, Secret Dakota Ring, has a song titled "23". If you click on the 23, you can download the song for free along with My Window and Beautiful Girl. And if you like those, you can purchase the whole album on iTunes.

And thus ends my push of SDR.
  • thatsongsoundssogood... >>

Can it come out yet?  xD