In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• Arrynisawesome said:

I feel like the only one on the face of this planet that doesn't know what a DVR is.

YKYOW: You switch lockers and you're trashing a lot of stuff.

Random comics = Trash

Meme pictures = Trash

Garbage at the bottom of the locker = definitly trash

Hoards upon hoards of OK Go Pictures = KEEP, are you joking? XD

So now the whole side of my locker is filled with those adorable faces, and nothing else.

Would any of our student boardies like to share pictures of their lockers? I'll submit one as soon as I get ahold of a camera (Which shouldn't be hard)

Or your cube if you are an office drone like me!

I love pictures of peoples' spaces - lockers, desks, bookcases, night stands. It's the stuff that we actually consciously PUT there. It's the OK Go pictures and the TMNT/Star Trek Spock crossover figure and the small plush hedgehog and OK Go tickets that we PUT where we live and work.  It's the precious ephemeral of who we are, what we mold our space to be, a place for us.

Yeah, getting artsy fartsy here.
  • Arrynisawesome said:

So now the whole side of my locker is filled with those adorable faces, and nothing else.

Would any of our student boardies like to share pictures of their lockers? I'll submit one as soon as I get ahold of a camera (Which shouldn't be hard)

Oh, I have OK Go pictures in my locker! Fun Fact (or whatever you'd like to call this): I hate decorating my locker. It just seems like such a waste of time for one year. BUT this year I decided that I would have OK Go in my locker. Why? Because no matter how crappy school is going, I always smile whenever I see those pictures. It's just two, but still... And I got them from the boards! So I think of the boardies whenever I see them as well. Double happy.Laugh
  • Haha, that's amazing! I've added more pictures so I'll post it whenever I can. XD

Oh yes, office spaces too. XD I think it's cool also, I mean, I probably am in the top 10 of most decorated lockers. I don't know if that's a  good thing or a bad thing.

Seeing my locker every day always brightens up my day. I love it~!
  • YKYOW

when you are recognized as such a big OK Go fan that you are directed and encouraged to come on this site

to find out that you already had made one a while ago but never had the time to post.
  • YKYOW

When you finally do have time to post, you are too intimdated by all the OK Go fans even though you love them as much as they do.

I just don't know what to say that hasn't been said and i just don't know what to say in general.

I just hope that I'll fit in. *me crey*
  • YKYOW

When you want to puke rainbows at how in awe you are of everyone here.
  • MsLissy09 said:

YKYOW

You're adorable.  I PROMISE it's okay.  You're going to fit in just fine.  :-)

HEY VIOLETCHAOS LOOK WHO'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!
  • DJRose said:

MsLissy09 said:

YKYOW

HI!!! I believe this calls for a:

• violetchaos364 said:

DJRose said:

MsLissy09 said:

YKYOW

HI!!! I believe this calls for a:

I love you guys. :'D

I'm still intimidated though.  #Heygetgetgetgetoverit
  • It's okay, MsLissy, I've made a few posts and I still feel a tad intimidated. XD I'm getting used to all the freaking awesome fans around here.

YKYOW whenever you think of OK Go a gigantic smile spreads across your face.

Then people stare...
  • OH. YKYOW you played OK Go so many times in the house, that even your sister knows the names of some and their lyrics.
  • daisychains said:

It's okay, MsLissy, I've made a few posts and I still feel a tad intimidated. XD I'm getting used to all the freaking awesome fans around here.

YKYOW whenever you think of OK Go a gigantic smile spreads across your face.

Then people stare...

I feel the same way as well sometimes. I'm not used to being around people that are so accepting of my obsession and reciprocate with such enthusiasm. 

I have a similar YKYOW: Your nerdy math teacher likes to tell insanely corny jokes and usually incorporates a couple of OK Go jokes. This makes you laugh like a twelve year old and you're the only student in class that understands. Which doesn't make you feel lonely... it makes you feel special.

Welcome, by the way, to MsLissy! It really is a magical place. Wink
  • silver12 said:

Your nerdy math teacher likes to tell insanely corny jokes and usually incorporates a couple of OK Go jokes. This makes you laugh like a twelve year old and you're the only student in class that understands. Which doesn't make you feel lonely... it makes you feel special.

1) it's because you *are* special. 

2) I want to be in your math class.  I'm 30 years old and I want to be in that math class.  What kind of OK Go jokes does your teacher use?
  • Aw, now I really do feel special. Smile

Usually his jokes involve something that's just off the top of his head. I suppose their more like puns?

The other day, for example, he was explaining a math problem to another student, when he asked if they understood, saying, "Is this ok? Ok as in... OK... Go?" I giggled, which I always do whenever he mentions OK Go.

And a couple of times, when I'm about to start on whatever assignment he's assigned, he's come up to me and said, "Ready to start? Ready? Ok... Ok... Go!"

He's a little strange, but that makes him fun. It makes it bearable to have his math classes twice a day. (He's the only math teacher, it's a very small school (About 80 kids in our entire high school).)
  • silver12 said:

Aw, now I really do feel special. Smile

Usually his jokes involve something that's just off the top of his head. I suppose their more like puns?

The other day, for example, he was explaining a math problem to another student, when he asked if they understood, saying, "Is this ok? Ok as in... OK... Go?" I giggled, which I always do whenever he mentions OK Go.

And a couple of times, when I'm about to start on whatever assignment he's assigned, he's come up to me and said, "Ready to start? Ready? Ok... Ok... Go!"

He's a little strange, but that makes him fun. It makes it bearable to have his math classes twice a day. (He's the only math teacher, it's a very small school (About 80 kids in our entire high school).)

How old is this teacher? is he cute at all???

Silver12 i think u need to let him know that the Hong Kong education system needs someone as dedicated as he is. TRUE FACT. then u can give him my number so i can *cough* show him round and make sure he settles in juz fine ;] (leave me alone - a girl can only dream!) x
  • laydeejol said:

silver12 said:

Aw, now I really do feel special. Smile

How old is this teacher? is he cute at all???

Silver12 i think u need to let him know that the Hong Kong education system needs someone as dedicated as he is. TRUE FACT. then u can give him my number so i can *cough* show him round and make sure he settles in juz fine ;] (leave me alone - a girl can only dream!) x

Hahaha, you totally just made my day.

Um... I think he mentioned that he's 31. And um... haha, he's nerdy cute, which is kind of... um... my type.

So, yeah... And he can't leave yet! I'm taking a college math class next school year and I'm gonna need him around...
  • YKYOW you listen to fun.'s "Walking The Dog" for the first time (Just got the album) and one lyric says "When I call you up so we can SHOOT THE MOON" and I start FLIPPING OUT.

Also, everyone should listen to that song because it's such an amazing song, one of my top 10. :D

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xPLMwI1wabE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If I failed I'm sorry, the link is here ;D

• Here's the vid Arryn referred to if you don't feel like clicking the link.

• YKYOW you force your friend to make OK Go call you when he meets you...

and YKYOW you can't stop playing the conversation you had with Damian in your head..
  • Oh Amber, you make me smile SO much. XD

YKYOW you have pictures! :D (Locker)

http://i56.tinypic.com/8yg8sn.jpg

Also, YKYOW you FINALLY get the Billboard issue and the day after you pretty much parade it around the school. XD

Also, In case you missed my flip out on twitter, I just realized that I somehow had the same hat that Andy wears in the shoot. It's on the top shelf of my locker in the photo. :D

Haaah… Big news, but not really. XD

EDIT: If the photo is only showing up to my head, please tell me, I'll re-upload it.