In this Discussion

Tim

Comments

• Timterview time!

http://ofallon.patch.com/articles/ok-go-band-member-chats-with-patch

Best part of the interview?

Nordwind: We’re actually spending some of this week making some new surprises for our shows. I can’t really tell you what that is, but I promise people who have seen us before will see some different stuff this time around.

Sweet.

OH, and Dear O'Fallon Patch Copy Editors?  It's "hustle."  Not "hussel."
  • Who else went straight out to youtube to listen to Iron Leg"?
  • Dear Lord is that a golden suit of armor? Haven't seen that before... Has he been wearing it since they began touring again?
  • magnoliamaggiemag said:

Dear Lord is that a golden suit of armor? Haven't seen that before... Has he been wearing it since they began touring again?

It's Ming! Tim has a Ming the Merciless costume!  Surprised

I'm officially in love with him now (and scrambling to find my Dale Arden dress or some Princess Aura spandex, LOL!)!
  • Jaded said:

Yeah . . . Dan doesn't get enough props. And how can't you know who he is?! Personally, that girl should have been hit . . . OK, I'm thinking violently.

But I'm kind of excited about the fact that I'm going to the same school that Dan attended. hehe. smile.gif

Yeah, that girl is really a bitch, cuz even though if you don;t know which one he is you're fine, but it's a serious jerk move to walk up to him and ask him who he is, especially if you'd probably been swooning over the other three for the past fifteen minutes. If I ever met Dan, I'd tell him that he had pretty eyes, whether I knew who he was or not. I admire him so much more for the way he handled that.

• Rockchick posted this link over on FB – and I'm gonna post some pics on the boards!

http://gigatude.co.uk/?portfolio=ok-go-gig-pictures-eden-sessions-2011

bamf
  • From Facebook: Cath Burton

Cath Burton's Photos - Ok Go Bristol July 1, 2011

OH Tim. LaughLaughLaugh

(and math = 23!)
  • Okay since I am one of the newer ones, I don't quite understand the phenomenon of this "Math = 23". Would someone care to explain please? Smile

Okay since I am one of the newer ones, I don't quite understand the phenomenon of this "Math = 23". Would someone care to explain please? Smile

Secret Dakota Ring has a song called "23." It's a beautiful song. Smile
  • violetchaos364 said:

Okay, it's swearing time for me, because you ALL know how fucking PISSED I was about this show

FUCKING FUCK I MISSED THIS?!?!?!
    I MISSED TIM IN THIS FUCKING. GOLDEN. SUIT.

I could have been there. I almost was. I WAS IN LONDON THAT DAY, goddammit!

FUCK.

I'm really sorry for that. 

If anyone's seen the show Episodes, there's a scene at the very end of episode 2 that really, really describes how I'm feeling about this whole fuckup. I can't find it on the internet though.

Now I'm going to go to my room and cry in the corner. See you all later.
  • DJRose said:

Timterview time!

http://ofallon.patch.com/articles/ok-go-band-member-chats-with-patch

Best part of the interview?

Nordwind: We’re actually spending some of this week making some new surprises for our shows. I can’t really tell you what that is, but I promise people who have seen us before will see some different stuff this time around.

Sweet.

OH, and Dear O'Fallon Patch Copy Editors?  It's "hustle."  Not "hussel."

Um, Patch? Make sure you spell the interviewee's name right next time. I get the whole "hussle" thing. That's a tough word to spell. (**whispers to side** No, it's not.) But really, don't you think you could, you know, continue to spell Tim's name right? Going from Nordwind to Norwind is really unacceptable.

Love, Aleatory.
  • Aidan, dear, if it helps at all, I'm pretty sure that you will have plenty more opportunities to see Tim dressed as Ming the Merciless.  I think this is part of a new addition to the live show.
  • ChristelAdina said:

magnoliamaggiemag said:

Dear Lord is that a golden suit of armor? Haven't seen that before... Has he been wearing it since they began touring again?

It's Ming! Tim has a Ming the Merciless costume!  Surprised

I'm officially in love with him now (and scrambling to find my Dale Arden dress or some Princess Aura spandex, LOL!)!

Hey, I'm Electra/Alice, I'm kind of an old boardie... So weird being back!

Anyway I just thought I'd explain about Tim's Adventures a bit as Rachel said no one had yet - I was at the show at Bristol (on the boat!) in the UK and took a ton of pictures, if anyone fancies a look:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/65164140@N02/5934611189/in/photostream/

When Damian came into the crowd to sing Last Leaf, Tim came out onstage at the end of the song and said it was really great that Damian came out to do his own thing, and that he wanted to do his own thing for a bit. He said he wanted an adventure, to which Damian replied that surely touring with your friends is enough of an adventure? Tim said it was, but he was off to see the world now, so he said goodbye and went offstage.

Then a video started up on the screen at the back of the stage, with Tim dressed in safari gear out in the African plains being chased by wildebeast, or in Australia photographing kangeroos, that kind of thing. There were some hilarious moments with him playing tennis (definitely should've been ping pong) on a cartoon background against Damian in a giant hotdog costume (by this time Damian had come to watch the video at the side of the stage and was cheering for the hotdog - I guess it's still a novelty for him!), or Tim arm-wrestling a nearly unrecognisable Dan in another costume... there was a lot more but I'm afraid I can't remember it all! Then Tim got into a gold space outfit and climbed onto a rocket into space, before saying that he really wished he could come back and play the rest of the show but he needed the audience to scream to show him where to come back to. We obliged. Enthusiastically :)

So finally Tim ran back onstage wearing the same gold space suit, which he wore for the rest of the evening. It was hysterical. And then they continued the set! Greatest interlude to a show that I have ever experienced, without a doubt. It totally reminded me of the ridiculousness of the ping pong video as well, it made me so happy!! PLUS when I spoke to Tim about it afterwards, he said that the whole outfit had been made and designed by Chris Kreiling who did the DWYW suits years ago. Eeeeee :)

Hope that expains a bit, I'm sure you'll all get to see it for yourselves at some point anyway. And hi to the new people I haven't met yet! :)
  • Long time no see! Well, technically we've never met before, but I just solved that for you. Amazing, aren't I? I also believe you have a fanatical OK Go loving sister, or has she moved on? Nice to see you're back, either way!
  • GIMMIE PIZZAAA~

Long time no see! Well, technically we've never met before, but I just solved that for you. Amazing, aren't I? I also believe you have a fanatical OK Go loving sister, or has she moved on? Nice to see you're back, either way!

Maggie, I'm impressed.  You've really studied up.  Yes, Electra's youngest sister used to be well-indoctrinated in the ways of OK Go.  I'm not sure how she feels these days.  She does have another sister who also likes OK Go, but she's more a Killers fan than that of our boys.

...Unless, of course, you mean her "sister" which would be me (I clearly haven't moved on).  Electra and I have been calling each other sister for a long time, because, well, we look alike.  See?

She's kind of a skinnier, younger, smarter British version of me.  There are a few pictures of us where people actually have to be told which one of us is which.  Damian agrees that there is a resemblance, and took a great deal of pleasure in being responsible for the "reunion of our family."  LOL! 

Electra, few things make me happier than having the opportunity to talk about you.  Love you lots. xxxxxxx
  • DJRose said:

magnoliamaggiemag said:

Long time no see! Well, technically we've never met before, but I just solved that for you. Amazing, aren't I? I also believe you have a fanatical OK Go loving sister, or has she moved on? Nice to see you're back, either way!

Maggie, I'm impressed.  You've really studied up.  Yes, Electra's youngest sister used to be well-indoctrinated in the ways of OK Go.  I'm not sure how she feels these days.  She does have another sister who also likes OK Go, but she's more a Killers fan than that of our boys.
    ...Unless, of course, you mean her "sister" which would be me (I clearly haven't moved on).  Electra and I have been calling each other sister for a long time, because, well, we look alike.  See?

She's kind of a skinnier, younger, smarter British version of me.  There are a few pictures of us where people actually have to be told which one of us is which.  Damian agrees that there is a resemblance, and took a great deal of pleasure in being responsible for the "reunion of our family."  LOL! 

Electra, few things make me happier than having the opportunity to talk about you.  Love you lots. xxxxxxx

Yes, I mean the one who strangled her after she said she wasnt their #1 fan. And then you gave her chocolate on Electra's behalf. And by the way, I can see a sisterhood there.
  • Hahaha wow, Maggie, that is some serious research there, I'm flattered that you know about me!!

Rachel, I have definitely missed us being together and all sisterly on here. One of the greatest moments of my life was telling Damian that we had assumed that we must be long-lost sisters, followed by Damian looking us up and down (I like to think of it as checking us out ;) ) and then jumping and fist-punching the air when we told him that they'd brought us together. Incredible!

My sister (Marina) is still a big fan, but she recently told me that she's very sorry, but she thinks she now prefers the Killers. It was sweet of her to apologise :P
  • Electra said:

My sister (Marina) is still a big fan, but she recently told me that she's very sorry, but she thinks she now prefers the Killers. It was sweet of her to apologise :P

It's a good thing Rina is dying her hair red, otherwise I might have to disown her... Or take back the chocolate...

;-)

I miss being all sisterly with you here too.  And yes, that was an epic moment where we made Damian punch the air in happiness over our sisterhood.  I still remember calling my Dad that day; "So, um, Dad, we're driving to Charlottesville, VA today, can we crash at your house later?"  "You're driving WHERE?"