In this Discussion

OK Go on TV shows, movies commercials etc.

Comments

• I'm sorry if this has been said, but there was this one I phone commercial a while back that had 'WTF?' on it.
  • I don't know if this belongs here, and I've listened to this song countless times without ever actually noticing it, but Milkman (Mashup/mixtape DJ) samples Here It Goes Again in his song Circle Of Fifths.

Here's the link to the song:

It starts around the 2:46 mark.
  • The new movie "Horrible Bosses" features some OK Go-epicness in it's commercials. If you'd like a slice of the pie:

I now have a temptation to see that movie when it comes out Wink
  • magnoliamaggiemag said:

The new movie "Horrible Bosses" features some OK Go-epicness in it's commercials. If you'd like a slice of the pie:

I now have a temptation to see that movie when it comes out Wink

NICE. Love it. No desire to see the movie. But now I can pester my husband to replay the ads when they come on!
  • Arrynisawesome said:

I don't know if this belongs here, and I've listened to this song countless times without ever actually noticing it, but Milkman (Mashup/mixtape DJ) samples Here It Goes Again in his song Circle Of Fifths.

Here's the link to the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....-HUW-p6CI8

It starts around the 2:46 mark.

As cool as that is, when I heard Katy Perry over it, I was like "NOOOOOO no no please no"

I like Katy Perry. She's kind of my guilty pleasure (cue rotten fruit). But KP and OK Go should NEVER be together. It's like toothpaste and orange juice.

THEY AREN'T EVEN IN THE SAME KEY. Come on. 
  • http://www.celebuzz.com/2011-07-13/giveaway-alert-friends-with-benefits-premiere-official-after-party-in-nyc/

Apparently Rogue Wave is covering TTSP for the new Justin Timberlake movie.  I listened to the 30-second preview.  I like Rogue Wave.  I do not like the cover.  It takes all the fire out of the song. Booooo. 
  • Yeah, hate it.  I wonder why they didn't just use the original.
  • I hate that cover.. it takes a helluva lot for me to say I hate music.. but I hate that cover.. at least what I could hear of it..

The sound of it completely destroys so much of the meaning and emotion of the lyrics.

Why bother even using the song if that's what they're gonna do to it? o_O

[/minirant]
  • *shudders* I understand they want to take a different aprroach to the song, but that's NOT the way to go. The song is meant to be buoyant and uplifting and say "It's gonna be okay". This just drags on the ground. Makes you want to cry even more. He even screwed up the lyrics. "Can't stop THESE (he said "those") kids from dancing AND (he said "but") why would you want to, especially when you are already getting YOURS? (he said "good")". Do your research, man.
  • Okay. Like literally a few seconds ago I was on the computer when I heard Invincible playing in the other room. Apparently, it's in an episode of CSI: NY(don't know which one; it's about a murder involving decapitated head dolls).

CSI: NY. Awesome.
  • magnoliamaggiemag said:

*shudders* I understand they want to take a different aprroach to the song, but that's NOT the way to go. The song is meant to be buoyant and uplifting and say "It's gonna be okay". This just drags on the ground. Makes you want to cry even more. He even screwed up the lyrics. "Can't stop THESE (he said "those") kids from dancing AND (he said "but") why would you want to, especially when you are already getting YOURS? (he said "good")". Do your research, man.

Oh my god. Those lyrics are amzing and he made them suck. WHY?! The voice doesn't even sound good. It's because of Damian's beautiful high-pitched voice. It's so amazing that no one sounds good when they try too hard. Plus in the cover they also kind of used the music to Passion Pit Sunday Hangover, but a lot slower. And you're right, they completely changed the meaning of the song, which also kind of contradicts with the lyrics. Just not good AT ALL. Why does everyone think they can do better than the boss? Why didn't they just use OK Go's original form? If it's because OK Go didn't want to contribute a song, then I may be wrong, but didn't they have any say in the cover getting into the movie? And if they didn't, then that's pretty fucked up. Guys, WE NEED you to contribute more music! We need a bigger fan base!

• I have an idea for a commercial OK Go could be used in.

You know those Geico commercials where the guy says: "Can switching to Geico really save you 15% or more on car insurance?" and then asks a rhetorical question, or something of the sort which proves to be true? 

I think after the guy says that, he should say:

"Are rockstars awesome when they get sick?"

And then play OK Go's "Mother of all Packages Video" Where Damian is sick, and talking about giving away stuff from their videos.
  • I have an idea for a commercial OK Go could be used in.

You know those Geico commercials where the guy says: "Can switching to Geico really save you 15% or more on car insurance?" and then asks a rhetorical question, or something of the sort which proves to be true? 

I think after the guy says that, he should say:

"Are rockstars awesome when they get sick?"

And then play OK Go's "Mother of all Packages Video" Where Damian is sick, and talking about giving away stuff from their videos.
  • Watwatwatwat.

FFFFUUUUUUUUUU- That's horrible. It's just so... Chill. And TTSP is FAR (Let me repeat, FAR.) from chill. It's one of the most powerful songs I know, and to downgrade it like that... I just don't know what to say.

Oh oh, and please don't tell me that Tightrope by Janelle Monae is going to be the next Hey Soul Sister by Train, It was cool when it was in that car commercial, but now it's just played everywhere.

/Angry hipster signing off

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that the reason that I'm here today is because of a news report (Toronto, maybe CP 24 but it might of been BT since they're more fun loving) had a report about the End Love music video and more particularily, Maria/Orange Bill. (Although I got HIGA from a friend's ipod before that, but the fire really sparked when...)

Anywhodles, I've been searching the interwebs alot for the clip and have been having no luck, so if anyone comes across it, could you post it here? It would be so amazing if that happened, I wanna watch it again. LOL

kbye4realz
  • Arrynisawesome said:

Oh yes, I forgot to mention that the reason that I'm here today is because of a news report (Toronto, maybe CP 24 but it might of been BT since they're more fun loving) had a report about the End Love music video and more particularily, Maria/Orange Bill. (Although I got HIGA from a friend's ipod before that, but the fire really sparked when...)

Anywhodles, I've been searching the interwebs alot for the clip and have been having no luck, so if anyone comes across it, could you post it here? It would be so amazing if that happened, I wanna watch it again. LOL

kbye4realz

YAY FOR TORONTONIANS!

Really? When was it? I can see if my dad recorded it on tape Smile
  • Woohoo! I'm totally giving you a boardie high five next time they play in Toronto. :D

Just about the time that End Love came out, soo... Around mid/late June 2010?

I dunno, it's a really faint memory. XD But I'm guessing that because that's when the video came out. :3
  • Don't forget, the boys will be on America's Got Talent tonight at 9pm (8pm central) performing "All Is Not Lost" with Pilobolus. Here's a little article on the subject. And here's a pretty picture from said article:

• In case you missed the show tonight, here's their clip:

• I just saw it. I have to say: NEVER watch with your particular mom sitting right next to you. The entire performance will be interjected with thoughts and questions about their manparts.

But either than that, it was ah-MAZING. I loved every bit of it, and it was freaking cool to watch the other half of the performance.
  • So I was over at my friend Brooke's to watch it with her and her husband Kyle said the same thing.  He was funny because he just watched the video for the first time today at work and he was bugging because he felt that there were a lot of hrmm... suggestive poses (sp?).  And I asked him if that bothered him and he said that it didn't really the first 20 or so times he watched it.  I thought to myself, "20 times?  I think we have a new convert to OK Goism."  Laugh