In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• Ok I think I've got it now.  Thank you.
  • YKYOW you wear a green dress to celebrate the release of The Green Album.  But not a real green dress, that's cruel.

(That was a reference and if you get it you get massive DJRose Points.)

• But not a real green dress, that's cruel.

If I had a million dollars...
  • YKYOW you plot out all of the Starbucks near your job so you can hit them up during lunch to purchase The Green Album on it's release day (today).
  • wick*design said:

But not a real green dress, that's cruel.

If I had a million dollars...

Ding Ding, we have a winner!
  • YKYOW you're trying to get your OK Go loving friends to join the boards.

"There's not enough time."

Time shmime. I make time for the boards.
  • YKYOW:

-You start carrying a pad and paper just to write down YKYOW's

-You see a flexitone on the Late Show with David Letterman and think "I have to get that for Damian!"

-You end up eating at a restaurant named "Cinco de Mayo", and pray to god there's no ceviche on the menu (there wasnt)

-You go to a lego store and start seaching for a Taj Mahal set

-You find a foot soak that smells like pink grapefruit, but the french translation is "Pamplemousse Rose"

-*You search for OK Go CD's whenever you in a CD section/store.

*This last one has a story attached to it. I remember in some interview Damian always said that their records would never end up on Wal-Mart shelves since their methods are too risky for record labels. Well, while looking for them in the "O" section, I find OTBCOTS. On a rack. In Wal-Mart. I realize the reason it's there is because it was released under Capitol, but still. And I will post a picture once my sister gives me her camera.
  • YKY fiance is OW he keeps telling you to buy a Bill Buckner Cubs jersey to get under aross' skin. Apparently there was a big ta-do with Buckner and the Red Sox and the 1986 World Series. Of course aross is a giant Red Sox fan, so me wearing a Buckner jersey would surely raise some ire in him.

But since I don't feel like dropping over $100 on a jersey I'll only wear once, I think I'll let this pass.

That, and we were both 7 when the '86 world series happened, I'm sure neither of us really remembers Game 6.
  • YKYOW google chrome doesn't let you post on the boards (Does it post for you, BTW?) so you download firefox just to post.

YKYOW you're having a livestream event with your friends and someone on the chat mentions OK Go and you instantly have a spaz attack.

YKYOW everyone knows you just for liking OK Go. And it's the main point of your teasing.

YKYOW you get a credit card just to buy OK Go merch.

YKYOW your mural on your wall is going to have OK Go on it somewhere. (I'll post pics when I'm done painting. :3)

YKYOW your rubber band ball with OK Go colors has too much yellow left so you're like, "Oh no! Too much Tim!"
  • Ok I know it has already been mentioned, but the Pom Wonderful thing is happening to me now too.  And YKYOW all of your friends know this and start pointing it out to you.
  • magnoliamaggiemag said:

*This last one has a story attached to it. I remember in some interview Damian always said that their records would never end up on Wal-Mart shelves since their methods are too risky for record labels. Well, while looking for them in the "O" section, I find OTBCOTS. On a rack. In Wal-Mart. I realize the reason it's there is because it was released under Capitol, but still. And I will post a picture once my sister gives me her camera.

I actually picked up my (first) copy of OTBCOTS at a Walmart. Randy (hubby) and I were picking up a few things with his dad. I picked up the CD and when we went to pay, Dad decided to pay for everything.

(convo w/Dad that followed, somewhere along these lines)

"So, what is this band?"

"OK Go."

"What?" (he's pretty deaf these days)

"OK Go."

"The band?"

"The band is called OK Go."

"O... kay." (smiles the "I have no idea what she is talking about, but I sure love her!" smile)
  • YKYOW you have two OK Go dreams in a row.

And both of them are the greatest dreams ever.

When you're just seeing people after the summer for the first time and when people ask you what you did your first resonse is always "Met OK Go."

The first two songs you learn on guitar after picking it up again are TTSP and White Knuckles.

Lots of other stuff that's happened recently but I can't think of it right now.
  • I am not following the format here, but I had no idea where else to put this.  I was at board game night at my local game store last night and meeting some new folks because I am kind of new to the area and have only been to board game night twice.  So I got introduced to this guy named Michael and everyone told him not to be hurt if I forgot his name (I am TERRIBLE with names).  Well I told him not to worry about that as I would not be forgetting his name becasue he had his hair cut exactly like Damian Kulash. (Baroque, paisley Damian)  Ok here it gets fun because he didn't say "Who's that?"  He said "I get that a lot.  Lots of people say I look a lot like him."  And then he turned all the way toward me and OH MY GOD he does!  So I was all cool and not at all screamy, because I am trying to get a job at that place mostly, and said (under my breath) "Yes you do."

Ok back to format:

YKYOW You meet a guy who looks like Damian and you say a bit under your breath that he does and all of your friends tell him he has NO idea just what that means, not this time.

By the way friends, he is als smart, funny and a bit of a nerd, and I am married, so if y'all want me to, I can see if he's single.
  • I'm married too, but I still want a picture of this guy. ;-)
  • I'm not married! And I would love to see a picture of this guy!

OK, now for mine, kind of similar to this:

-YKYOW, while riding the train for the first time ever, your wonderful experience becomes even more amazing when the train stops and a couple gets on and the guy looks just like Damian. Which makes you want to scream, which is only made more of an intense urge when he sits RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU (as in, facing you). You then spend about 2 hours trying not to stare at him and wishing he would start singing along to the OK Go song you are listening to.

He didn't. But it was amazing anyway. It made me so happy.

-YKYOW you buy socks thinking of how proud Damian would be of your choice.
  • BeckiWitte said:

By the way friends, he is als smart, funny and a bit of a nerd, and I am married, so if y'all want me to, I can see if he's single.

Ooo! Is he Jewish? I'll take him!

YKYOW

I passed a store yesterday in Wayne, NJ, called "Buy Buy Baby." Obvious song got stuck in my head.

silver12 said:

-YKYOW, while riding the train for the first time ever, your wonderful experience becomes even more amazing when the train stops and a couple gets on and the guy looks just like Damian. Which makes you want to scream, which is only made more of an intense urge when he sits RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU (as in, facing you). You then spend about 2 hours trying not to stare at him and wishing he would start singing along to the OK Go song you are listening to.

Ahhh!, sliver, that story just made my morning! I wouldn't be able to swallow straight and would be sure to do something stupid had that happened to me.
  • Tempe Arizona said:

BeckiWitte said:

Ooo! Is he Jewish? I'll take him!

YKYOW

I passed a store yesterday in Wayne, NJ, called "Buy Buy Baby." Obvious song got stuck in my head.

silver12 said:

Ahhh!, sliver, that story just made my morning! I wouldn't be able to swallow straight and would be sure to do something stupid had that happened to me.

I had a very hard time keeping calm. He was ridiculously tall (he kept hitting his head on the doorway thingy and I felt so sorry for him), so his legs were almost touching mine. I think he was married, though. He got off a couple stops before I did. It really just made my day that day. And I smile just remembering it.
  • Well, I am sorry to say that I'll be unable to find out anything about Michael for a while because I can't go out to board game night this week.  Bummer (I am bummed at least)
  • BeckiWitte said:

Well, I am sorry to say that I'll be unable to find out anything about Michael for a while because I can't go out to board game night this week.  Bummer (I am bummed at least)

Well, does suck. Don't worry, we'll be patient. If we can handle the wait for new OK Go material to come out, I'm sure this will be easy as pie. or cake. Take your pick :P

YKYOW you can't decide which picture of OK Go to use in your project. Logo? Treadmill Shot? Suits? Paint? Muppets? Dogs? What should I do???????
  • Depends.  What's the project?  Does it have a color scheme already?