In this Discussion

Introductions

124»

Comments

• Hi everyone!

My name is Maria and I'm from the Netherlands. Like many others I'm finally going to join the boards after lurking for some time. :) I've unconsciously known OK Go since 2006 through games with Here It Goes Again and Do What You Want in them. But it wasn't until May this year that I really discovered them and became a big fan. But if it hadn't been for my brother to buy those games, I probably wouldn't have known OK Go now! They have brought a lot of joy to my life and they still do, so I'm really thankful to my brother. But now he is the person who tells me to "go listen something else than OK Go already..." Oh well, I forgive him for that. He doesn't hate OK Go (he likes them but doesn't love them), but he just thinks I'm a little too obsessed... :)

I don't know what it is in OK Go that makes me love them so much. I guess it's just everything ( I mean seriously, is there ANY bad thing about OK Go? I've never found a single thing.)

Anyways, I'm really excited to join the boards. I'm sure I'm going to love it! :D
  • Hello boardies!

My name is Natasha and I live in Norfolk, VA.  I've been listening to and loving OK Go since 2002 but I'm fairly new to the board because a. I've been pretty much living under a rock (a.k.a. in grad school) for the last 8 years of my life and b. I'm kind of shy.  Anyway, my friends are lame (not really, but you know what I mean) and none of them love the band as much as I do so I come in search of like-minded people to share the love with.  So...hi! :)  You all sound like really awesome, friendly, interesting people and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone!
  • Welcome Natasha!

You have the same name as my mom. Or she has the same name as you. :) I'm also looking forward to getting to know you! :D

Math = 13! :O Oh no! Thank God it's NOT Friday! ;)
  • ItsaMeMaria said:

Welcome Natasha!

You have the same name as my mom. Or she has the same name as you. :) I'm also looking forward to getting to know you! :D

That's so cool!  I don't meet too many other people named Natasha.  Where in the Netherlands do you live?  My fiance and I visited Amsterdam for the first time a few years ago, and we can't wait to come back and see some other cities.  And my fiance really wants to learn how to speak Dutch Smile.
  • glamour_and_sedition said:

ItsaMeMaria said:

Welcome Natasha!

That's so cool!  I don't meet too many other people named Natasha.  Where in the Netherlands do you live?  My fiance and I visited Amsterdam for the first time a few years ago, and we can't wait to come back and see some other cities.  And my fiance really wants to learn how to speak Dutch Smile.

I live near Eindhoven. If you like modern cities you should certainly visit this city. :) And learning Dutch can be quite difficult for an American. Lots of grammatical exceptions you need to remember. English is a lot easier to learn. ;)

And I can't believe math is 13. Again!
  • Welcome, Natasha!  Awesome to meet a longtime fan. Smile
    I'm assuming you're done with grad school then?  Congrats!
  • Thanks, Sheri!  Good to meet you, too.  And yes, I'm finally finished with grad school - hooray!  So glad to be back among the living (and the employed Laugh).
  • I never get on the internet and have been a fan since 2005. My best friend at the time burned me some copies of a CD she said, "YOU ARE GONNA LOVE!" back in high school.

And love them I did. I have been keeping track of them on and off till this day. I've never loved a band so much watching them grow/evolve their music. One day I'm going to watch them live.

I'm deploying before this christmas, and I'm bringing an ebook, a nintendo DS, and my ipod filled with- you know it- OKGO. 

I love them a lot, my favorite song is "Oh Lately it's so Quiet" I never get tired of listening to that song. NEVER. It's not their most popular but I don't care because it's a song that totally gets me. 

One day, a year from now, I hope to God I'm going to come home. And I'm going to watch them live. I'm not their number one fan, or die hard crazy, but I love them and support them 100%. 

I'm posting this, to let you know I'll be back. 

Love, S.
  • I'm just a ghost of myself. I lost my password AND my email got hijacked. But I'm back, Baby. It's me, Sunnyside (Hannah C.).
  • ashash
    edited June 2014
  • ashash
    edited June 2014
  • Quick, but important question? On July 18th, they are listed as playing Portland, except I have tickets for them in Seattle on the same night. Can we get some non-conflicting info on this?