In this Discussion

Don't Ask Me. Have a question about OK Go/Paracadute? Come on in and ask away!

Comments

• Hiding_In_The_Dark said:

Connyfoo said:

Not quite sure when this picture was taken, but can I guess this is pre-OK Go album because Damian has short hair. Was this during his Colt 45 t-shirt days?

Yeah, it is. You can also tell because of Dan and Tim's hair. His hair is currently short, though; this is actually the first picture I've seen where he had short hair and it wasn't recent.

It's probably a little before they did the chic-a-go-go, cause Damian had short hair then. And what is that style Tim's got their? Maybe he should bring it back :D
  • I have a few pictures I've found. Would anyone else like to contribute some pictures of the early days?

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff270/roxxi13alton/Old OK Go photos/
  • Those pictures are badass. When I looked at them I was all like "Damn, look at these badass pictures of badass people."
  • Does anyone know iof the band did their own cover (in Simish) of TTSP for The Sims 3 Late Night?
  • I didn't even know the song was in that video game.  Really?
  • Yes it is.  I was really excited to hear it, but I wasn't on the boards back when I first noticed it.  I just assumed you all knew.  OK new approach....

Hey did you guys know that TTSP is on Sims 3 radio?  You need the Late Night expansion and it is on the indie channel.  :)
  • So, this isn't really OK Go related, but do any of you know how to either disconnenct Facebook from this site, or delete an account? 

Because I was connected with Facebook, and then I made a different account, but now whenever I log into Facebook it logs into the other one and I really only need one haha

And I don't know if there's a way to delete an account or disconnect Facebook and I am confused. And slightly frustrated. 

Help?

EDIT: And to keep this slightly OK Go related; does anyone know if you can get the elevator music version of Get Over It anywhere? Because it's stuck in my head XD
  • Hi singingforstarlight! For the FB problem, have you tried dropping the application that connects the two together? That worked for me back when the new boards were made. If you have any other problems with the boards, check out the Please report new message board bugs and annoyances here thread and see if it has been answered there. And if it hasn't been answered, go ahead and post the problem there. Hopefully one of us who have been through it can help out or one of the maintainers can fix the issue.

As for the elevator music, no idea. Though I'm sure someone knows what it is/where to get it.
  • beckysioux said:

Hi singingforstarlight! For the FB problem, have you tried dropping the application that connects the two together? That worked for me back when the new boards were made. If you have any other problems with the boards, check out the Please report new message board bugs and annoyances here thread and see if it has been answered there. And if it hasn't been answered, go ahead and post the problem there. Hopefully one of us who have been through it can help out or one of the maintainers can fix the issue.

As for the elevator music, no idea. Though I'm sure someone knows what it is/where to get it.

Thank you! 

At first I couldn't find the app, but I finally did and now they're not connected :D

So yeah thanks! :D
  • I noticed a lot of people are having problems embedding videos on the boards. Here's a simple step-by-step to post a video.

To post a video you should click on the filmstrip button at the top.

You should have a pop-up window.

Leave the type as Flash.

In the File / URL space, put in the actual URL you see at the top of the YouTube page. Don't use the share button as it doesn't seem to link up correctly.

Then just click in one of the dimensions boxes and you should see your video in the Preview box.

Finally, click the insert button.

When you are posting, you'll see a yellow box with a small Flash icon in the middle. That is where your video will be.

When you do the math and hit post new reply, your message will end up having the YouTube video embedded.

I don't know why, but the board doesn't like vimeo vids, it ends up screwing up the code. So, for now, only YouTube videos are able to be embedded. Unless someone else can figure out how to post the vimeo vids.

Now, embed some vids!
  • Which of the USB drives have good recordings of both the handbell version of Return and WTF?  Also, what's on the US Spring 2010 Tour one, and are those still available?
  • Gonna answer your second question first. The current USBs that are available are here. The US Spring 2010 Tour is still available according to the store page. It has the Boston show and the Ex'pression College acoustic show on there.

Boston set list:

Invincible
    N/G
    AMW
    All Is Not Lost
    IWYSB
    White Knux
    Good Idea
    HIGA
    WTD
    Last Leaf
    Don't Ask
    GOI
    Oh No
    BFK
    Debaser
    TTSP
    WTF?
    Skyscrapers
    DWYW

Ex'pression College set list:

DWYW
    AMW
    BFK
    Oh No
    Shooting the Moon
    WTD
    HIGA
    Wave of Mutilation
    Last Leaf
    GOI
    TTSP

I don't listen to the Boston set, but I do really enjoy the Ex'pression College set. Plus, Shooting the Moon and HIGA are freaking hilarious.

As for the USB drives that have a good version of Return on hand bells, I don't know as I wasn't at any of those shows. Maybe one of the other Boardies might be able to help you out with that one.

Oh! There is a USB thread, so if you want to keep the discussion going on which USB to get, why not go there?
  • Thanks so much!  I had heard that that version of HIGA was funny, too.

Edit: Is there a particular reason you don't listen to the Boston show, like the recordings are poor, or is it just that there's better stuff in the other set and previous CDs?
  • The main reason is because I wasn't at that show, so I don't understand much of the banter. There were two funny parts that I liked, one was about the BoSox getting their asses handed to them (I can only imagine the look on aross' face when Damian started to talk about that) and the other was a comment about Stephen Hawking.

And I have at least 5 other USBs for shows I was at that I just like better.

Really, I wanted the Spring USB for the acoustic portion as I saw it live via YouTube or whatever host they were using and quite enjoyed it.
  • beckysioux said:

The main reason is because I wasn't at that show, so I don't understand much of the banter. There were two funny parts that I liked, one was about the BoSox getting their asses handed to them (I can only imagine the look on aross' face when Damian started to talk about that) and the other was a comment about Stephen Hawking.

And I have at least 5 other USBs for shows I was at that I just like better.

Really, I wanted the Spring USB for the acoustic portion as I saw it live via YouTube or whatever host they were using and quite enjoyed it.

Okay, thanks.
  • BeckiWitte said:

Does anyone know iof the band did their own cover (in Simish) of TTSP for The Sims 3 Late Night?

THANK YOU for pointing out this piece of awesomeness to me! I don't have The Sims but I found it on YouTube and there's no way that it's not Damian's voice. It sounds so similar to the original that I wonder whether it's the original recording with the vocals put through some clever simlish filter, but they probably just recorded the alternate vocals at the same time as the originals.

• Will said:

BeckiWitte said:

Does anyone know iof the band did their own cover (in Simish) of TTSP for The Sims 3 Late Night?

THANK YOU for pointing out this piece of awesomeness to me! I don't have The Sims but I found it on YouTube and there's no way that it's not Damian's voice. It sounds so similar to the original that I wonder whether it's the original recording with the vocals put through some clever simlish filter, but they probably just recorded the alternate vocals at the same time as the originals.

Holy crap, that's amazing. It made me smile. Laugh
  • silver12 said:

Will said:

BeckiWitte said:

Holy crap, that's amazing. It made me smile. Laugh

Did a little digging: http://gamefocus.ca/?nav=new&nid=9439

Artists To Record Simlish Songs for Sims 3 Ambitions Expansion

Signs point to yes, they did it.  BTW - OMG THEY'RE IN SIMS!!

(and I think that OK Go boardies tend not to be gamers - since it took us a year to find this. Laugh)

• Cool.  I am glad to have found a thing that I could let my fellow Boardies know about.

OK, I promised myself I was better than this.  I told myself over and over again that I wasn't going to go there, but I can't take it any longer.  Does anyone know what Damian did to Hanna?

It is driving me CRAZY.
  • BeckiWitte said:

Does anyone know what Damian did to Hanna?

OK, I got this.

Becki, I'm a friend of Hannah and Liz (her mother, the British woman in the video).  Liz and I met because she started a group on Myspace called OK Go for Grownups.  It was a few women in their 20's, 30's, and 40's who were OK Go fans.  The lot of us went a little crazy and made a sign for the group (one grownup was a Girl Scout leader who was feeling particularly creative one day and made it), which was passed around and held up at shows that we attended. 

Liz opened her couch up to a few grownups for a London OK Go gig in 2/2007, and I took her up on it and brought the sign over with me.  Hannah came to the gig with us, and she was... 13, I think, at the time.  We were holding up the sign but there was no reaction.  This prompted Hannah to sit on her friend's shoulders and hold up the sign.  This got Damian's attention.  He said, during the concert, "There's a 5-year-old up here holding up a sign that says 'OK Go For Grownups.' I realize that the drinking age is a lot lower here, but you do realize that 5 isn't exactly grown up, right?  I mean, not to be rude, but I'm pretty sure there's no grass on the playing field." 

After the show, because she is a little badass (still is) (and because I prompted her to), she went up to Damian outside and said "I'm not 5, I'm 13, and my playing field is none of your business."  Damian laughed, and said "I'm so sorry, I'm a whole different kind of asshole on stage." There was hugging and smiling and photo taking.

Truth is that Hannah was beaming at having been teased by Damian.  Back in those days that was a badge of honor.  So there was no harm, no foul.  When Liz went to Berlin a few weeks later, she was simply trying to help Damian make a connection so he'd know who she was.  And because things have been taken out of context, it looks a lot worse than it was.  Damian didn't really need to apologize.