In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• YKYOW Your roommate gets a job in Chicago and the only thing you can think abut is: "That's where OK Go came from!!!"
  • YKYOW two people who don't know you overly well decide that a specific person can't be your crush because he's not enough like Damian.

I mean, they're wrong, he is rather like Damian, but it was still funny.
  • YKYOW… You travel 1350 miles without stoping by car to see a 45 min set your car breaks down in the process and instead of worrying about your car you find a taxi to take you the rest of the way and leave your car sitting on the side of the highway until later. Of course this also causes you to get a ticket for 180 dollars for obstuction of an off ramp and my car got towed ontop of it to a local police station but thats not the point o.O...
  • Ah, but how was the show?
  • YKYOW you are running on the treadmill and HIGA comes on the Ipod and your arms involentarily start doing the routine.  Sadly, I was to the second verse before I realized what I was doing.  Yes, the person on the next treadmill stared, no, she did not join in.
  • NinjaCat said:

YKYOW you are running on the treadmill and HIGA comes on the Ipod and your arms involentarily start doing the routine.  Sadly, I was to the second verse before I realized what I was doing.  Yes, the person on the next treadmill stared, no, she did not join in.

If I had been there, I totally would have joined in. :D Although, I probably would have fallen on my face, but it's the thought that counts, right?

YKYOW your brother knows when you are making a reference to something OK Go related just by the stupid smile on your face.

Also, I love my little brother- he's learning to play the bass because he wants to be like Tim (my obsession has rubbed off on him). :D
  • Go little brother!!!
  • YKYOW this week was my 1 year anniversary of OK Go fandom. :D
  • YKYOW you're super honored that your parents' anniversary is Dami's birthday.
  • Totalgeek42 said:

YKYOW you're super honored that your parents' anniversary is Dami's birthday.

Nice! My dad's b-day's the day before, but you beat me by a mile. 1000 miles, actually Wink.
  • (ooo, another double post...)

So maybe my first attempt to find the answers to this "Sesame Street" thing had failed, but I have hopefully redeemed myself to find another picture:

See? Primary colours. No Tim (which is quite strange). It looks like a set (the tape on the ground), though I'm slightly confused about the pipes on the top. Is it really for Sesame Street or could it be for something else, like those books they're making... Any ideas?

P.S. Damian looks especially nerdy with his shirt tucked in like that. Just sayin'.
  • Speaking of the book and nerdiness, how many of you already knew what a mould and deckle were?  I told you guys that I am in that history club, the SCA?  Well I have made handmade paper before.  History nerd is still nerd right?
  • BeckiWitte said:

Speaking of the book and nerdiness, how many of you already knew what a mould and deckle were?  I told you guys that I am in that history club, the SCA?  Well I have made handmade paper before.  History nerd is still nerd right?

Wait, how did I miss you were in the SCA? KEWL! And a history nerd is still a nerd, yes. Laugh
  • violetchaos364 said:

BeckiWitte said:

Speaking of the book and nerdiness, how many of you already knew what a mould and deckle were?  I told you guys that I am in that history club, the SCA?  Well I have made handmade paper before.  History nerd is still nerd right?

Wait, how did I miss you were in the SCA? KEWL! And a history nerd is still a nerd, yes. Laugh

Are you a SCAdian too?  Are you the one who sang the Birthday Dirge to Damian?
  • YKYOW an interview candidate comes into your office who looks like Tim Nordwind with hair and you have to come directly to the boards.

Y Also KYOW when you're at temple for Yom Kippur saying Kaddish (as you have been for more than 20 years) and the word "da-a-mi-ran" reads as "Damian" at first glance.
  • YKYOW you read/hear that Theo Epstein is the Cubs' new GM (he was the Red Sox GM) and wonder what aross has to say about that. Mayhap Epstein has figured out how to keep the ice cubes from melting in hell.
  • YKYOW your friend's talking about how they started bleeding on their guitar and you think of "Di dyou just bleed on my guitar?  You must be me!"
  • BeckiWitte said:

Are you a SCAdian too?  Are you the one who sang the Birthday Dirge to Damian?

Haha, no! I'll need to hear that one! Not SCA, but guilty by assocication. More complete answer in a PM to you. Laugh
  • YKYOW you believe Bald John Green is Tim's alter ego/life in another dimension. Have any other nerdfighters made this connection, or am I the only one?
  • YKYOW you buy Now That's What I Call Music! 23 because HIGA is on it. And it's #23. Plus it was only $2.