In this Discussion

You know you're obsessed when...

Comments

• Totalgeek42 said:

YKYOW you have an automatic head-turn response to the name Damian...

Yep.  Embarrassingly true.
  • YKYOW...You spy an envelope on your office mate's desk from St. Albans School in DC and let out a squeal, and then have to explain said squeal to office mate, whereupon office mate says, "You're kind of obsessed, aren't you?"
  • glamour_and_sedition said:

YKYOW...You spy an envelope on your office mate's desk from St. Albans School in DC and let out a squeal, and then have to explain said squeal to office mate, whereupon office mate says, "You're kind of obsessed, aren't you?"

Oh God!!
    It's funny cuz it's true!
    Woulda been me too.
  • YKYOW…you have a personal goal of trying to learn every OK Go guitar solo.
  • Chips said:

YKYOW…you have a personal goal of trying to learn every OK Go guitar solo.

I like this goal. For the sake of research, go forth and listen to OK Go nonstop! :D

Oh, and math is 23!!! This happens so rarely to me. Excitement! :D
  • silver12 said:

Chips said:

YKYOW…you have a personal goal of trying to learn every OK Go guitar solo.

I like this goal. For the sake of research, go forth and listen to OK Go nonstop! :D

Oh, and math is 23!!! This happens so rarely to me. Excitement! :D

I'm actually pretty close, I just need to learn White Knuckles, WTF?, and Shortly Before the End.  If anyone knows how to play the part of SBtE that starts out |-3-2-3-2-| on the high e string, please let me know.

Edit: YKYOW: You are now afraid for your musical abilities of hip-hop, house, trance, and...the other kind of music that Damian and Tim mentioned in the Boston show, I can't remember what they said.
  • YKYOW You get your boyfriend into OK Go with one song.

OH YES, GOLDEN STARS ALL AROUND. Now all I can hear when we skype is him singing "Buh baaah let's crash the party…" or "Television! Television! Oh whoo ooh oooh!"

:/

Also, YKYOW you're watching a live video and all you can think of is Damian grinding against that mic stand.

Literally, the only words that work at that moment are "POWERSTANCEPOWERSTANCEPOWERSTANCE"
  • Dammit!  *curses mention of Damian grinding against a mic stand*

I'm weak today.
  • YKYOW you're taking a practice AP test and there's a poem in which this really old dude is described as "the last leaf on the bough in the spring" and talks about how this other guy would never want to be him because who would want to be said last leaf, it'd be disgusting, and all you can think is ".... if you should be the last autumn leaf hanging on the tree I'd still be there..." before wondering whether Dami happened to write the first half of said song after studying said poem (after all, he did write it in college...)
  • Totalgeek42 said:

YKYOW you're taking a practice AP test and there's a poem in which this really old dude is described as "the last leaf on the bough in the spring" and talks about how this other guy would never want to be him because who would want to be said last leaf, it'd be disgusting, and all you can think is "…. if you should be the last autumn leaf hanging on the tree I'd still be there…" before wondering whether Dami happened to write the first half of said song after studying said poem (after all, he did write it in college…)

He wrote that song in college?

Anyway…

YKYOW you are hoping that there isn't already a band called the Spiders so you can use it once you find someone to play bass.

Edit:

Meh.  It turns out that the name is already taken.
  • YKYOW you have to create a 'shrine' in class for your idol and immediately you think DAMIAN.

Also haven't been here in a while. *dies*
  • YKYOW You go buy a ticket to This American Life just to see OK-Go..
  • YKYOW your counselor googles and plays the Rube Goldberg 'This Too Shall Pass' video at the end of your session.
  • YKYOW You are listening to a song by Fun. (btw I felt like I was cheating on the boys but that is a topic for another thread) and your husband says to you, "What ARE you listening to?" because he doesn't already know the song.  Also I was wearing headphones at the time.  That's right my long suffering husband can tell when I am not listening to OK Go even when I am wearing headphones.  Also he looked at my screen to see if I was listening to the new Spotify list as well.  I love him so much.  :)
  • YKYOW You look over your geometry notes because finals are coming up (It's a summer class.), and you realize that every single time you were supposed to write, "Find X and Y" you wrote, "Find X andy".
  • Let me know if that works (if X can find Andy).
  • You know you're obsessed when

someone says "ok" and you yell "GO!" really loudly.
  • You know you're obsessed when...

Anytime other people you know see anything with OK Go or any of its members in it, they immediately call, text, e-mail, or otherwise message you to make sure you know.  Even if they're not fans.  Even if they haven't talked to you in months otherwise.

• You know you're obsessed when...

On the go, you are constantly looking out the window and catching glimpses of eclectic tunnels, lights, skyscrapers etcetc, wondering if Damian wld take a snap of them, speshly now that Damian has shown us a slice of the world thru his eyes... <3

Oh OK Go, HOW I MISS THEE., :"(
  • You know you're obsessed when... your boyfriend says "you're so damn hot and you have to fight yourself from breaking into song.
    I'm sure this has been said before but it still makes me have that extra bit of smile when the song chimes in my head.