In this Discussion

Needing/Getting video thread

13»

Comments

• I usually have on VH1 in the mornings when I get ready instead of the news, because, well, it's the news.  Anyway, N/G came on and the next thing I knew, my husband Matt came into the bedroom and said "why are you standing so close to the TV?"  What can I say, something about a moth to a flame.
  • Sooo... I've been teaching myself guitar for a couple months and decided today to make my first acoustic cover for youtube. Its nothing great and I'm clearly still a beginner, but I chose Needing/Getting as my first song :)  Tell me what you guys think, unless its bad haha

• I think it's great you posted! I'm no musician, so I can't critique you on it (though last I tried to learn I stared too much at the guitar, so grats on getting past that, it's way tough!)

You know what they say - practice, practice, practice! But for a beginner you're off to a great start, and putting your video up for everyone to see takes a lot of courage. Don't let naysayers discourage you if this is where you want to go (remember, the internet can give you crap because it's mostly anon!) I wouldn't be surprised if this even gets you some more dates ;)
  • I quite enjoyed it. :) I'm not a musician, either, but you don't need to be one to be able to enjoy a good song. Wonderful, keep up the good work!
  • Thanks to both of you, Astra & Silver. Posting it definitely bumped up the views, haha. Got a few more dislikes. I hear what you're saying though, and I appreciate it. Got a few more dislikes, but ahh, the anonymity of the internet.
    Thanks again for your support :) 
  • The Gretsch guitars used in the video are for sale. You can purchase them here for the low, low price of $319.99. You'll get the guitar, the amp, a certificate of authenticity and an 8 x 10 photo of the guitars on set.

Allergic to whole wheat.