In this Discussion

Album Number FOUR??!!??!!

Comments

• I'm the opposite.  I actually like the manorexic look.  Thats what attracted me to my husband (Now he's into weightlifting, grrr).  ANYWAY, back to album four attire, I also vote 'no' on the blue unitard endemble.  Other things I don't want to see the boys wear on stage:  Short sleeve button up shirts w/ suspenders and bow ties; cowboy hats; Catholic school girl uniforms; fannypacks.  Anyone else have anything to add on the must-not-wear-on-stage list?
  • Parachute pants.

That's what they're called, right?
  • beckysioux said:

I just don't need to know that much information about the boys.

I do.

What?

*goes back to thinking instead of speaking*
  • silver12 said:

Parachute pants.

That's what they're called, right?

Okay, I just got a vision in my head of Tim wearing parachute pants lookin' all like MC Hammer.

Cuz you know he would wear that if he wanted.

Also thought - parachute = PARACADUTE!!!

And I did not need to know the previously mentioned information about the boys.

BTW, can't get the thought of kilts outta my head. GAH that fangasm would explode my little head.

I apparently have a lot of speculative thoughts about the upcoming ACS era - After Coloured Suits.

Also, skinny tall kinda pale slightly geeky looking guys with dark hair is my type. Damian. David Tennant. Hugh Laurie (when he was younger). Benedict Cumberbatch is a lovely example, too. Most importantly, my husband. Laugh

Rambly post is rambly.

Wait, did you say Catholic school girl uniforms?!?!
  • Yup, I did.  I just don't think they can rock that look.   I've decided I want them to wear ninja outfits.  That way, they can be all stealthy when they are performing.  We'll be like, "They are on stage, wait, where did they go?  Now they are in the crowd, wait, where did they go?  They are super sneaky!"  See, fun time had by all!
  • WARNING: DOCTOR WHO HEAVY POST

Was just chatting with my Doctor Who buddy Sarah and she came up with the following for the boys to wear:

Different incarnations of the Doctor's costumes. Which could work, because it could be a little bit like paisley days, and, seriously, John Pertwee's look on Tim would be epic.

Dressing like the new amazing technicolor dream Daleks - keep the bright colours...

Classic British military look - I'm thinking she's thinking of Jack Harkness, but she protested, saying, no, he's American. I said, well... then she further clarified with 'suspenders should be involved.' So now I'm thinking she's thinking of the Eleventh Doctor.

She also mentioned a 'mad scientist' look.

In other news -

I wouldn't want the boys to do ninja for the whole show - I like to see them, too. But I thought of that style of puppetry where the puppeteers wear black velvet so you don't see them manipulating the puppets. So, they could do that with their instruments?

Obviously thinking too much today. Via la RAMBLING!
  • I vote for parachute pants, suspenders, and ten-gallon hats.
  • I actually had an idea a while ago where the boys wear balloon suits and from a birds eye view, they'd float across the screen to the music. At the end they'd release their parachute pants.

I read somewhere they're working with NASA for something... I'm sure while they're doing that they could whip some balloon-suits together Laugh.
  • beckysioux said:

Good point. Plus, they wore all white in the Invincible video as captioned above in NinjaCat's sig.

I think as long as they don't start wearing the blue unitards, we'll be good. Not that there's anything wrong with the blue unitards, I just don't need to know that much information about the boys.

Lmao so remember that time Rachel and my friend and I saw that much information about the boys at Pilobolus?

But it was different then, I guess, because there was more information on other people.. and it was a dance show, in particular, not a rock show.

Rock shows don't need that much information...
  • I just hope they keep their sharp, classy look, whatever they wear.  One of the things I love the most about OK Go is that they are a cut above in so many  ways and one of those is the way that they dress.
  • WTF? They're working on new stuff already? Oh, What to Do to pass the time? Oh well, This time Too Shall Pass. I'm getting White Knuckles just thinking about it! Don't Ask Me what I think they should do, it doesn't matter; they need to Do What They Want. Hopefully it's soon, because Lately It's So Quiet without any new music. (screw that, I could play their albums all day) There's A Fire in my brain, I'm so excited.
    There's A Million Ways they could go about making this, but I think it's better we keep it a surprise. They did that for all of their old ones, and they turned out fine. We shouldn't Crash The Party. It might take a while, but we need to Get Over It.

Okay, don't take that last part seriously; I just wanted to see how creative I could be!

Anyway, for my opinion? Of the Blue Colour of the Sky is my favorite album of all time. No two songs are similar, and after the final track played, my mind was simply blown. What an experience! The guys always do things that no one expects, I don't think we'll ever see the day they just throw out some generic piece of art. In my opinion, OK Go is one of the more creative bands out there. The only thing we can do is wait.

I am not a hater to anyone, but seriously, who cares what they wear?

OK GO FOREVER!!!
  • violetchaos364 said:

http://www.spinaltapfan.com/sounds/armadilo.wav
  • sherib said:

violetchaos364 said:

http://www.spinaltapfan.com/sounds/armadilo.wav

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!  NinjaCat "likes this".  <--- I wish that was an option on here like on FB.
  • *high five*
  • This interview might be better placed in another thread, and I'm sorry if it's already been posted somewhere else, but I thought Tim's comments on a new album would be of particular interest to the boardies:

We’re basically coming to the end of the cycle for Of The Blue Colour of the Sky, we’re sitting down to write again. We’ll go into the studio in the beginning of April, and hopefully come out with a record some time in the fall and release it in 2013. If we’re lucky we’ll get a song out before then.

I was so hoping we'd hear something new from the boys this year, but I can wait for genius :)
  • glamour_and_sedition said:

This interview might be better placed in another thread, and I'm sorry if it's already been posted somewhere else, but I thought Tim's comments on a new album would be of particular interest to the boardies:

We’re basically coming to the end of the cycle for Of The Blue Colour of the Sky, we’re sitting down to write again. We’ll go into the studio in the beginning of April, and hopefully come out with a record some time in the fall and release it in 2013. If we’re lucky we’ll get a song out before then.

I was so hoping we'd hear something new from the boys this year, but I can wait for genius :)

When I first read this, I was like, "Aww, they were originally planning for this Summer."  But then I thought, OTBCOTS took five years, and if the new album is at all like OTBCOTS, it is not something to rush.  I would rather wait a few months to a year longer, depending on which timeline you go by, for something great than get something not as great sooner.
  • Chips, that's EXACTLY what I thought! I'm willing to be patient for an awesome record. :)
  • One thing that probably won't happen but would be extremely cool is if they built on the first White Knuckles demo that they played in "Chatting With Dave" (The one with the falsetto vocals and spiraling bassline).  That was a great demo and I kind of wish that the song had ended up sounding like that instead.

Other stuff that I would love:

Andy and/or Tim singing at least one song.

Another awesome guitar solo or two, like WK or WTF.

More unusual time signatures.  They did that a lot in OTBCOTS with WTF being 5/4 the whole song and the end of Needing/Getting being 7/8, and those were some of my favorite things about those songs, especially how Dan is able to keep unusual times and change time so well.  Pre-OTBCOTS had Let It Rain, which essentially had a 15/4 or 13/4 intro if memory serves.  What To Do alternates between 4/4, 7/8, and 6/8, so hopefully the new album will have that sort of thing too.
  • Chips said:

Other stuff that I would love:

Andy and/or Tim singing at least one song.

Another awesome guitar solo or two, like WK or WTF.

More unusual time signatures.  They did that a lot in OTBCOTS with WTF being 5/4 the whole song and the end of Needing/Getting being 7/8, and those were some of my favorite things about those songs, especially how Dan is able to keep unusual times and change time so well.  Pre-OTBCOTS had Let It Rain, which essentially had a 15/4 or 13/4 intro if memory serves.  What To Do alternates between 4/4, 7/8, and 6/8, so hopefully the new album will have that sort of thing too.

Agreed.

I'd also like to see a song on the new album called "Sheri Is So Fucking Fantastic."  I hope they'll get on that.
  • I don't know how many of you have seen this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ok_go#Studio_albums

Given that it's Wikipeda, I'm not sure how accurate it is, but it says under "studio albums:"

OK Go 2002

Oh No 2005

Of The Blue Colour Of The Sky 2010

As The Time Flies 2012

Again, it's not yet the official name of the album.

If it is the album's name, then it would be their first LP not to start with the letter "O."