In this Discussion

Few Great OKGO articles

Comments

• You're right, Becky, that was, um, odd. Laugh But I have to say, even though I know nothing about TSL (or any games, for that matter), that map of the Rube Goldberg machine is pretty freakin' rad.
  • I love that the fact that I don't have the time to look for their stuff online during college terms and work and such

so I just come here and y'all are always on the spot. that's a lot of interviews I haven't read yet. OK GO MESSAGE BOARDS – 1st and favourite place to go on the webs whilst on vacation.

I love you. ALL, plus

I haven't read this one yet because it keeps getting error messages or the page freezes but (probs my netbook's fault)

sherib said:

laydeejol said:

here's a link to a great interview with damian re OK Go's biz model and the like. It's slightly different fm the usual interviews we hv seen/read abt in that it really fleshes out his (their) ideas n beliefs a bit more :) it's long, but i guarantee it's a gd read: http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/im.....ngth-movie

"I wouldn’t want to feel myself with something that large"

I am mature.

Right, I posted that before I got to "healthy girth."  It's over.

i'm laughing already!!!!!!!!

• This is not an OK Go article, yet I feel it deserved mention, as National Geographic is such an institution that hearing them reference (our) OK Go gave me pause.  The first thing I thought of was a desire to share it with my boardie friends.  

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2011/12/pictures/111229-best-pictures-month-auroras-deserts-rivers-refugees/?source=link_fb20111231news-bestpicsofdec#/best-news-pictures-december-ski-judges_46344_600x450.jpg

Look for the photo titled Onlookers.  Happy dance!
  • That's awesome!

Not that we needed any more proof, but you know a band is pretty amazing when their videos become an institution in and of themselves Smile
  • laeticia said:

I haven't read this one yet because it keeps getting error messages or the page freezes but (probs my netbook's fault)

sherib said:

laydeejol said:

here's a link to a great interview with damian re OK Go's biz model and the like. It's slightly different fm the usual interviews we hv seen/read abt in that it really fleshes out his (their) ideas n beliefs a bit more :) it's long, but i guarantee it's a gd read: http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/im.....ngth-movie

"I wouldn’t want to feel myself with something that large"

I am mature.

Right, I posted that before I got to "healthy girth."  It's over.

i'm laughing already!!!!!!!!

Ha!  I haven't been here in awhile so I'm just seeing this now.  Not sure if you read the actual interview yet, but those quotes had no actual intended humor in the interview ... I was just hearing things as dirty, as I do.

Becki--The National Geographic thing is pretty cool!!
  • This was posted on the band's Facebook wall today, so I figured I'd throw it on here for anyone that might not keep up on Facebook-y things.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/interview-ok-gos-damian-kulash-on-needinggetting-high-concept-videos-530792
  • TipoDeemin said:

This was posted on the band's Facebook wall today, so I figured I'd throw it on here for anyone that might not keep up on Facebook-y things.

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/interview-ok-gos-damian-kulash-on-needinggetting-high-concept-videos-530792

The thing that really stood out more than the stuff about the video was the 1960s soul.  Will that really be a major part of their next album?  I think that would be cool, but I'm wondering what they would be able to do with it.
  • That was my big take-away from it, too, Chips.  It's got me excited, personally!  I'm dying to see what kind of influence it lends.  I'm also really happy to read that there's been a lot of writing going on and that there's a major sit-down-and-work-on-the-record session coming up.
  • "We're writing our little hearts out." <3

Am I the only one who gets confused every time he starts talking "ones and zeros"?  Am I an idiot? 
  • sherib said:

"We're writing our little hearts out." <3

Am I the only one who gets confused every time he starts talking "ones and zeros"?  Am I an idiot? 

I get confused, too, sherib. If you're an idiot, then I must be one, too.

I'm so excited. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't freaking out a little at the thought of new music from them. :D
  • silver12 said:

sherib said:

I get confused, too, sherib. If you're an idiot, then I must be one, too.

I'm so excited. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't freaking out a little at the thought of new music from them. :D

Okay, good. :D

I'm stoked too :))
  • sherib said
    "We're writing our little hearts out." <3

LOL. No, you're not an idiot.  Sometimes I think his brain just operates on a higher level than us mere mortals.  (But re: ones and zeros - I always thought he was talking about binary code.  Am I wrong?)
  • Have you guys noticed that the Needing Getting video is being mentioned in the Chevy commercials on Spotify?  I think that is cool.
  • This article isn't strictly about them, but I do enjoy finding out what they have in their riders.

The money behind Spring Jam

"So the band’s request for 12 bottles of local IPA beer and a bottle of Jameson Irish whiskey were crossed out.

OK Go requested locally rented instruments, carbon dioxide for confetti canons and “several bars of soap (Irish Spring preferred),” among other things."

I'm pretty sure the whiskey was for Damian. As for the Irish Spring, hmmm... I loved the rider a few years ago where they asked for argyle socks.
  • beckysioux said
    This article isn't strictly about them, but I do enjoy finding out what they have in their riders.

The money behind Spring Jam

"So the band’s request for 12 bottles of local IPA beer and a bottle of Jameson Irish whiskey were crossed out.

OK Go requested locally rented instruments, carbon dioxide for confetti canons and “several bars of soap (Irish Spring preferred),” among other things."

I'm pretty sure the whiskey was for Damian. As for the Irish Spring, hmmm... I loved the rider a few years ago where they asked for argyle socks.

I might have missed something while reading that, but is "several" ever defined in the article?  If not, was it ever?
  • Tim and aross are getting some press for their Paleo Diet and Cheat Days:

Ok Go! Cheat on Their Paleolithic Diet With Captain Crunch and Pizza

I always find it interesting how reporters change the band's name. I think this might be the first time I've seen it with an exclamation mark, though.

It is a pretty good article, if you're interested in what they eat on Paleo.
  • http://lifeexplained.thecomicseries.com/comics/183

Above is a link fm a webbie called Life Explained, which features our boys with parachutes ;) wlda been better, but ending was a bit bitter...
  • This headline just makes me laugh:

OK Go Gives It Away For Free

The article is about the boys giving away a free, unreleased/rare song over the next twelve months.
  • http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/pure-genius/q-a-damian-kulash-singer-ok-go/9629

Really I shd juz leave yallz to read that link abv: so much perfection in that lil nonsensical warble! :p 

BUT i'll save u the effort and deliver it to u straight out: Damian talks abt the changes taking place within the music industry, and how OK Go has adapted in relation.

STILL don't get the awesomefabness?! well in a nutshell, it's Damian sounding like the PUREGENIUS that he is. ;) xx

:edit: is it just me, or does the reporter NOT understand it?! 0.o check out the silly Qs she's asked! x

• OK Go and collaborators capture the 'sound' of the Northern Lights

Pretty good article with some very purty pictures. And something that's just odd: "The band's lead singer Damian Kulash and digital strategist Mike Rosenthal travelled with former OK Go bassist Tim Nordwind and singer Drea Smith (who perform together as Pyyramids) and photographer Martien Mulder to the village of Jukkasjärvi in Northern Sweden in March." (emphasis mine) I'm thinking the journalist didn't have the right facts or something.

But really, this sounds so very interesting and I'm excited to hear what the Northern Lights sound like.