In this Discussion

Fan Collab Music Video anyone?

edited November -1 in OK Go
This is my first ever post on the OK Go boards.... excitement. But this isn't why you clicked on this thread (do we still call these threads? It's been a while since I was on Message Boards.)

To start of with, I am just asking a question, if we get enough replies, I'll tell you more and more about it. BUT NOTHING IS DEFINATE.

So. The actual question.

How many of you guys are musical/play an instrument to a level/are willing to improv and make music with stuff around the house and my a giant collab of an OK Go song?

I'm thinking Invincible, because I kind of said that I was thinking of covering a song soon.... And that was last year. And it's not like I could have just not done it. Because.... y'know. OK Go kind of tweeted me for it. I freaked.

But that's not the point. The point is..... are any of you interested?

Laura (the Leprechaun and total N00b.)

Comments

• Oh yes this sounds like this will be a lot of fun! In fact, I just got a new amp! :D I'm super stoked! Looks like I'll have to bug my music teacher with more Ok Go! 
  • morgandoesntspeakcereal said:

Oh yes this sounds like this will be a lot of fun! In fact, I just got a new amp! :D I'm super stoked! Looks like I'll have to bug my music teacher with more Ok Go! 

CustardStig said:

This is my first ever post on the OK Go boards.... excitement. But this isn't why you clicked on this thread (do we still call these threads? It's been a while since I was on Message Boards.)

To start of with, I am just asking a question, if we get enough replies, I'll tell you more and more about it. BUT NOTHING IS DEFINATE.

So. The actual question.

How many of you guys are musical/play an instrument to a level/are willing to improv and make music with stuff around the house and my a giant collab of an OK Go song?

I'm thinking Invincible, because I kind of said that I was thinking of covering a song soon.... And that was last year. And it's not like I could have just not done it. Because.... y'know. OK Go kind of tweeted me for it. I freaked.

But that's not the point. The point is..... are any of you interested?

Laura (the Leprechaun and total N00b.)

Oh wait, Ok Go tweeted you about it! Awesome! Now I'm totally in! :D
  • morgandoesntspeakcereal said:

Oh yes this sounds like this will be a lot of fun! In fact, I just got a new amp! :D I'm super stoked! Looks like I'll have to bug my music teacher with more Ok Go! 

I love bugging my music class with OK Go.

And the tweet thing wasn't directly about the fact of me doing this. It was more like this....

Invincible won 8-5.
  • CustardStig said:

morgandoesntspeakcereal said:

I love bugging my music class with OK Go.

And the tweet thing wasn't directly about the fact of me doing this. It was more like this....

Invincible won 8-5.

Exciting! Well, I have music tomorrow and I just finished This Too Shall Pass, so I'll be talking to him about Invincible tomorrow. :D Has anyone else volunteered to be a part of this yet? I know that Krista wanted to help out...
  • Me, you, Krista, Liksl, possibly Chaos, whimsicalcraze. On Tumblr. So far.

Custard.
  • CustardStig said:

Me, you, Krista, Liksl, possibly Chaos, whimsicalcraze. On Tumblr. So far.

Custard.

Yay! I like all those people! :D This is going to be the radest thing ever! 
  • I'm not so sure I could improvise very well, but I'd love to help out. I've been meaning to bang on a few pots and pans anyways :D
  • magnoliamaggiemag said:

I'm not so sure I could improvise very well, but I'd love to help out. I've been meaning to bang on a few pots and pans anyways :D

WOO HOO! MORE FRIENDS.
  • magnoliamaggiemag said:

I'm not so sure I could improvise very well, but I'd love to help out. I've been meaning to bang on a few pots and pans anyways :D

Great! Household sounds always sound awesome!

Example a) Nataly Dawn:

:-D

Custard.
  • CustardStig said:

magnoliamaggiemag said:

Great! Household sounds always sound awesome!

Example a) Nataly Dawn:

:-D

Custard.

Oh, yay Pomplamoose. I love her. :D
  • This thing that your suggesting. You want us people to improvise in playing Invincible? If so, :D sounds like fun!
  • Muckyukker said:

This thing that your suggesting. You want us people to improvise in playing Invincible? If so, :D sounds like fun!

Doesn't it though. I have already started learning how to play Invincible on guitar. :D
  • Muckyukker said:

This thing that your suggesting. You want us people to improvise in playing Invincible? If so, :D sounds like fun!

Pretty much yup.

BUT WE HAVE MOVED! To the Paracadet Productions Boards!

http://paracadetproductions.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=ideas&thread=17

Do please join us!
  • If you haven't been following the official OK Go Facebook page, Then you probably haven't seen this video..

In the video, Damian states that "Skyscraper's" is the final music video for the album, and was made as a thank you for the fans. Also, he asks the fans to make a video for any of the four remaining songs.

The songs are:
    "Before the Earth Was Round"
    "I Want You So Bad I Can't Breath"
    "While You Were Asleep"
    "In The Glass"

Personally, I would love to see all of us band together to make a video for "Before the Earth Was Round". It's the only song out of the four that makes sense for a colab. We could all take some clips for the video that coincide to the message of the song. It would be a way to say thank you to OK Go for making great music. I really hope this fan-video-colab-idea takes flight! Laugh
  • saikoyama said

The songs are:
    "While You Were Asleep"
    "In The Glass"

I was under the impression that I Want You So Bad (I Can't Breathe) was already done - remember their newish vid in Brazil where they were rocking on their boozy, portable stage? ;) 

I reckon either (1) he meant Louisiana Land, or (2) damian can't count properly. :P xx
  • laydeejol said

saikoyama said

The songs are:
    "While You Were Asleep"
    "In The Glass"

I was under the impression that I Want You So Bad (I Can't Breathe) was already done - remember their newish vid in Brazil where they were rocking on their boozy, portable stage? ;) 

I reckon either (1) he meant Louisiana Land, or (2) damian can't count properly. :P xx

I think he meant Louisiana Land, that was a bonus track at one time, and he has counted off songs in the past, so he can count as far as we know.
  • I think Damian left which songs intentionally vague.