In this Discussion

Florida tour dates

edited August 2014 in OK Go
I've noticed on Facebook, and from a couple friends, that there are a lot of people wondering why there aren't any shows in Florida for this tour.

I have speculation that it has to do mostly with scheduling conflicts between the band and venues, but at the same time I feel like it's some other reason.

Does anyone have insight as to why the band might be skipping out on Florida for this tour, or if maybe a Florida stop might be added later?

Comments

• +1 for Florida. Jacksonville would be nice (hint, hint)....
  • edited August 2014
    In all seriousness, they need to come to Florida in general. Jacksonville, Tampa, and Orlando are all the major cities, and then the minormajors are West Palm and Miami(too far for anyone to really get to unless they live in Miami). There is a huge fan base down here that would definitely love a show or two. Being honest here, I would just love the opportunity to finally meet the band after being a fan for the longest time.

Edit: I rather pay money to go see a show, and buy merch there and get it signed, than pre-order online and never get to see the guys.
    Fan since 2003
    Juggling club member since 2005
  • Why not take a road trip to another state? The guys have yet to announce Canadian dates and I'm looking at the possibility of planning a trip to Detroit or NY for a show.
  • I have quite a few reasons as to why I can't travel out of state.
    Fan since 2003
  • Closest show to me (Jacksonville) is Atlanta which is 5 hours away and on a weeknight. A "road trip" from Miami would be 10 hours... I've lived in the Northeast where the short 2-3 hour drive between major cities was easy. In the south, not so much
  • Yeah. Like for me, I'm a full time college student, and I don't own a car, just deciding to get up and go take a road trip would mean finding a way to get the money to convince someone to take me, paying for gas, and paying for a hotel. That's too much money.
    Fan since 2003
  • I don't have specific insight on Florida dates, but I do know that a lot more touring will be happening after Hungry Ghosts is released in October.
  • I hope so, like if they don't come here, they had their reasons, but if they do announce some more tour dates after the album release I'll be happy.
    Fan since 2003