In this Discussion

Pledge Music

edited September 2014 in OK Go
Does anyone know how long these options will last? Will they carry over to the Spring tour (meaning the VIP package and such)? Thanks pals.

Comments

• That is a great question. I'm not sure the person to answer this question checks the Board regularly. I'll see if I can get an answer for you.
  • The Pledge campaign will end by album street date (oct14, 2014). but we could probably put some of those tour related experiences up on the okgo.net store if there was interest.
  • Hmmmm, I'm going to a show next week and wanted to do the VIP thingy, but my friend that is going with me has no interest. So I thought I would do it on the Spring tour. Now it's just a risky little gamble as to whether I shall ever experience this or not. Oh the humanity!
  • I did the VIP package this past Sunday and it was amazing. If your friend isn't dependent on you to get to the venue, just do the VIP yourself and then have your friend meet up with you when doors open.

And yes, the VIP package is totally worth it.
  • I think I would feel awkward going by myself. I dunno, I think I may just guilt her into it.

:D So what are some details that I can sell her on it? We went to the STL show together. She had fun but is over it, whereas it was like heroin for me and I went to Urbana this past Saturday and now am dragging her to Louisville on Tuesday, which will be my last one on this tour. I kinda wanna go out with a bang.
  • @mikerosenthal: I'd be interested in the tour related experiences (i.e. VIP package) when/if the tour makes its' way to Canada. I'm really hoping they'll continue to be offered! :)
  • NinjaCat said:

I think I would feel awkward going by myself. I dunno, I think I may just guilt her into it.

:D So what are some details that I can sell her on it? We went to the STL show together. She had fun but is over it, whereas it was like heroin for me and I went to Urbana this past Saturday and now am dragging her to Louisville on Tuesday, which will be my last one on this tour. I kinda wanna go out with a bang.
    I went by myself and felt awkward for the first 2 minutes. If you've met the guys, you know how down to earth they are. They will be sure to not make you feel awkward. It also helps to bring them cookies :)

As for details, I think that each experience will be different for each person. Just know that they will be working. They will be going through their sound and light cues. They will be starting and stopping songs. They will probably not get through an entire song on their set list unless it is warranted.

I thought it was really interesting to see how the show worked. And it was really cool to see them fix any problems that arose. There were one or two issues that did pop up, but they worked it out and that evening's show was perfect.

And hey! I was at the Urbana show, too!
  • The Pledge campaign will end by album street date (oct14, 2014). but we could probably put some of those tour related experiences up on the okgo.net store if there was interest.

*raises hand* I'm interested...
  • edited September 2014
    I would definitely be interested in Spring tour availability as well!! Hey @beckysioux, where did you stand? Not to sound like a creeper, but someone close to me had glorious hair like in your profile pic. Did you, by chance, stand next to a guy with half a Tim beard?

Also, thanks for all the info! You're swell. ;;) ;;) ;;)
  • I was standing right next to that guy.

And you're welcome. I hope you decide to do it :)
  • edited September 2014
    LOL! Small world! I was right in front of him! He wouldn't let back in my spot on barrier when I came back from the bathroom. Thank goodness someone vouched for me.

I just really hope @mikerosenthal will see that there is Spring tour interest, because it's not gonna happen for me at Louisville. Boooo. :(
  • I'd like to chime in and say that the VIP experience was 100% worth it. The guys are really wonderful to everyone who comes. Yesterday's crew had a woman who was attending her very first show. I checked in with her several times and she was very happy the whole time.
  • edited September 2014
    HI everybody I am new. I have a question about the VIP package. What time is soundcheck usually? I am trying to figure out if I need to ask off of work that day or what time. I'm sure it varies a little, but if you could post what time soundcheck was in your city it would help :) This will be my first time seeing them! Been a fan for years! Oh also do you get to stay in the venue after soundcheck for the show or do you have to leave and get in line? I always like to be front row for a show, but going to soundcheck you would not get a good place in line.
  • Hey @inkybrown,

I did the VIP package in Bloomington, IN. It was 2.5 hours before doors opened. Doors were at 7, soundcheck was from 4:30 to 6:30. I was able to stay in the venue after soundcheck was done.
  • edited September 2014
    Thanks! Anyone else? @DJRose? @mikerosenthal do you know about soundcheck times?
  • I'll back up what Becky said. The tour manager told me to be there around 6 for soundcheck for 8:30 doors. They didn't actually come get me until around 6:30. We were allowed to stay in the venue afterwards too. They gave me my choice of merch too. You're supposed to be able to get a t-shirt but I'd already bought one so I got a tote bag.
  • Hi, all. I did the VIP experience in Louisville with my friend Hannah. We had to be there at 5pm and went in for sound check about 5:40pm. When it was over, around 7pm, we chose to leave so I could get food while Hannah held our place in line (I think we were like third in line). Doors were at 8pm. Had Hannah not been there to hold our place, I would have been SOL because by the time I got back with my dinner, the line was 25(?) people long.

It was neat to see the guys as their more relaxed, non-performing selves rather than their stage selves. We also both have a huge new appreciation for how technical the show is and how many technical details have to be exactly right in order to bring this show to an audience.
  • Thanks @sureeyesawake did they give you the option to stay inside the venue?
  • I bought the VIP package last week, haven't heard anything yet about a time to show up. How much notice did they give you?
  • I got an email a day or two before my show.