In this Discussion

Hungry Ghosts

Comments

• "Another Set of Issues" is pretty good. I was expecting something much darker based on the album preview, but it's still one of my favorite new ones.
  • Another set of issues is probably my favourite from the new album so far.. It's actually wayy too amazing!!!
  • edited October 2014
    Here's the lyrics for Another Set of Issues (I don't know if there is a lyrics thread somewhere else, but I'll put it here for now)

Another Set of Issues
    It all seemed so perfect
    it all seemed like everything was right.
    It all seemed so perfect
    it all seemed so fine until it was not.

So keep your head down, keep your hands where I can see them.
    So keep your head down, keep your hands where I can see them now.
    This’ll all be over soon.
    This’ll all be over soon.

Now i know you’ve got
    this whole other set of issues here,
    but I can’t let you leave that way
    but I can’t let you
    but I can’t let you.
    but I can’t let you leave that way
    but I can’t let you
    but I can’t let you leave.

So keep your head down, keep your hands where I can see them now.
    This’ll all be over soon
    This’ll all be over soon

it all seemed so perfect.
    it all seemed like everything was right.
    But I won’t let you leave that way.
    But I won’t let you,
    but I won’t let you.
    But I won’t let you leave that way.
    But I won’t let you,
    but I won’t let you leave.

So keep your head down , keep your hands where I can see them now.
    This’ll all be over soon
    This’ll all be over soon

No I can’t let you leave that way. (so keep your head down keep your hands where I can see them)
    No I can’t let you, no I can’t let you. (so keep your head down keep your hands where I can see them now.)
    No I can’t let you leave that way. (this’ll all be over soon)
    No I can’t let you, no I can’t let you leave. (this’ll all be over soon)
  • Wanna listen to the whole album?!

Go here: http://hypem.com/premiere/ok+go

Go NOW!
  • edited October 2014
    I'm listening to it (out of order; that might be a problem). So far I've listened to "Obsession," "The Great Fire," and "Lullaby." "Lullaby" has sort of an Appendices vibe, doesn't it?

Edit: This album's a lot calmer than OTBCOTS. It's very good, but it's missing that one huge song like "In the Glass" or "Back from Kathmandu."

Edit 2: I've finished listening to it. My 5 favorites are probably:

Another Set of Issues
    Lullaby
    Obsession
    Bright as Your Eyes
    The Great Fire

Also, I've been checking out their setlists for this tour (unfortunately I haven't been to one of their concerts yet) and I noticed something odd.

Is it a working title/alternate name for a song from Hungry Ghosts, a song not from the album, a cover, or something else? I haven't been able to find anything about this song.
  • Thats my exact top five as well :p
  • Chips said:

Also, I've been checking out their setlists for this tour (unfortunately I haven't been to one of their concerts yet) and I noticed something odd.

Is it a working title/alternate name for a song from Hungry Ghosts, a song not from the album, a cover, or something else? I haven't been able to find anything about this song.

Here is what it is referencing. It was done before the encore in two of the three shows I attended.

:)>-
  • edited October 2014
    I wasn't going to listen to the album until the official release date but I just couldn't resist.

A top 5 list is really tricky for me...
    1. Bright As Your Eyes (love those strings)
    2. The One Moment (this is the "huge" song for me)
    3. Obsession (gives me gosh darn goosebumps)
    4. Turn Up The Radio (too much fun, I love it)
    5. Another Set of Issues (it's strangely discordant but in a pleasantly bouncy way)

Ask me tomorrow and I'll probably tell you something completely different.
  • I can't stop listening to Upside Down & Inside Out, Obsession and Another Set of Issues.
  • My top 5:
    1) The One Moment
    2) Upside Down & Inside Out
    3) Turn Up the Radio
    4) Another Set of Issues
    5) I'm Not Through
  • And the album has dropped!
  • Which means I can finally put it on repeat!
  • So, has everyone downloaded the album to their device of choice? How many times have you listened? How happy are you that you finally own it?
  • Thanks to everyone who's posting lyrics :D

Becks, I've listened to it completely about a couple of times I think, I'm in a phase of "oh i LOVE this one" and repeat it x9,8745
    I'm really happy with the signed cd I got, I'm glad it's finally here :D
  • I don't know why I do this, but I tend to "save up" and not listen to a new record right away. It makes no sense. But anyway, of course I've now listened to the whole record. My favorite by FAR is "I'm Not Through." I can't stop playing it. For one thing, I like that it's a chill song about being really angry at someone - the contrast there. Next favorites are probably "I Won't Let You Down," "Obsession," and "The Writing's On the Wall." And "Lullabye" is in a class by itself.
  • edited November 2014
    Here's a great interview.

And if it's not embedded on this page, click here for the direct link.
  • Thanks, Becky. I hadn't seen that one. I like his jungle gym analogy (I've heard him refer to this before). I like hearing a little about the old days, and I always like it when he talks about music. OK Go are such music fans themselves.
  • Does anyone know when the album will be released on iTunes in Australia? Unfortunately I can't buy from the US store and have been waiting and waiting!
  • Yeah I knew it would take ages for Australia to get it so I just bought it off PledgeMusic, but thats not an option anymore so have you tried buying the mp3 off the OK Go store?
  • Man I want this album. When is it being released on CD in Australia? Some of us old farts like the old ways.... PS love where you're going good work boys!