In this Discussion

Pledge Music

2»

Comments

• edited October 2014
    Got the email, turns out there is no soundcheck that day but instead a free show at Waterloo Records in Austin, so I will be a VIP guest there. Was looking forward to seeing what a soundcheck is like, but this seems cool too!
  • I'm sure you'll still have a great time!
  • edited October 2014
    Wow yesterday was so special! We got about an hour in the Waterloo Records office just hanging out and talking with the guys for our pizza party, and I watched Damian make the setlist for the acoustic show (which he later gave to me). The acoustic set was amazing. They did a song for one of the pledgers in a previous city, they said a pledger requested "Oh Lately It's So Quiet" since they don't play it any more, and they decided to re-learn it acoustically and play it that day (I hope this pledger is around here, I recorded it for you!). They also debuted an acoustic version of "I Won't Let You Down". I recorded those two since they were unique/debuts. Anyway then the venue, wow! The stage was so small only 8 people could fit across front row! I guess they are not as famous as I thought, LOL. I was dead center, and the only thing I recorded was the "Les Mis" song when there was an extended technical difficulty (seriously about 20 minutes). Tim serenaded me during the song! So cool! I got a poster signed at Waterloo, and a group photo, then at the main show I got a setlist signed, a drumstick used by Damian in the show, and individual photos with all the guys. What a day! Thank you Pledge Music, thank you OK Go and thanks to all the fans who convinced them to do this campaign!

"I Won't Let You Down":

"Oh Lately It's So Quiet":

"Les Mis":

• @inkybrown, I'm so glad you had such a great time! It sounds like you had a very unique experience with the guys. I'm so glad you decided to do the pledge :)

As for Oh Lately, I know that I had requested it during my Soundcheck, but I don't know if I was the only one. I had requested so many old songs, but Damian said they didn't know them anymore. Though I did request Invincible and Needing/Getting which they played at the Soundcheck for me. And they added Needing/Getting back into the show after my Soundcheck because they enjoyed playing it.

Isn't it awesome being Fantine to Tim's Valjean?
  • edited October 2014
    Wow how cool for you! The only thing I didn't do was request a song. My favorite is WTF. But I thought it would be too bold to request a song for the show. Nobody else did.
  • I loved your story and your videos! It just makes me so happy. I personally didn't get to do any of the Pledge Music experiences, but I love reading about others. Everyone always, ALWAYS says what an amazing time they had!