In this Discussion

Welcome to the new OK Go Forum!

2»

Comments

• edited April 2014
    It seems to do this every time I visit, regardless of thread.

Hmm... never mind. Shortly after I replied to this, I started being taken to the last post instead.
  • Good good!

eThan
  • Hello -

I registered for the forum, and even though I have confirmed my email address a number of times, there's still a gray box in the lower corner of the screen that says I need to confirm my email address, and to "click here" to resend the confirmation email. So I do, and I get the email, and I click the link in the email, and it says I'm okay, but then the box comes back. Can anyone please help? Thank you!
  • @silver, I will try to fix this! I'm having a similar problem myself!
  • Is it possible to make this Forum mobile friendly? When I try to access it from my phone, I can only see the post from the main page. If I click on OK Go or General Discussion I'm taken to a blank page. It'd be nice to have this option if we don't have access to a desk/laptop.

Also, I'm having a hard time embedding videos. When I paste the embed code from YouTube into a post, nothing happens. Is there a quick link button we can add to the comment box like the one for pictures and links? Or is possible to have the forum recognize the new embed code from YouTube?
  • edited May 2015
    I'm not having exactly the same problem as Becky, but I am having problems accessing from my phone. I have an Android phone. I don't get blank pages but I'm not able to access everything like I am from my computer.

And I second the video suggestion too. Regardless of phone vs desktop, I don't even try to embed anything anymore because it never works for me (although I do know it's possible, because EMC2 posted an awesome video of the black light band autographs...so my problem may be with me entirely, but making it easier for everyone else is good).
  • I had trouble posting that black light signature video too. When I posted it from my iPad it didn't work. I came back later and reposted the video from my laptop. (thanks for saying the video is awesome BTW!) :)
  • edited May 2015
    Ok, I think I've fixed my problems using the site on this phone. Rather accidentally, so it may be a fluke, but I signed in after tapping "dashboard" at the bottom of the screen (I had been signing in within the discussions before) and *then* toggled views, tapping "mobile site" (or full site depending on where I started) and refreshing, then signing out. For some reason, after that, everything works properly--in either mode, I think--when I sign back in again.

I haven't tried to embed a video again though. I suspect that's still beyond me.
  • I figured out how to view the Boards on my iPhone. I have to click the full site link at the bottom of the forum main page. The mobile site will only let me view the last thread that was commented on, whether I'm signed in or not.

While it would still be cool to have a fully functioning mobile site, at least there's a way around it. For my reading/posting purposes anyway.
  • I just decided to get myself into the forums and when I signed in I noticed that the username that was generated for me was "france". I'm not sure why it gave me this until I live in the US and I want to change it, but it won't let me when I go to change the username.
  • france said:

I just decided to get myself into the forums and when I signed in I noticed that the username that was generated for me was "france". I'm not sure why it gave me this until I live in the US and I want to change it, but it won't let me when I go to change the username.

Huh. When you tried to change the username, what did you do? Please list the specific steps so that we can figure out how to get you the username you want.
  • So first I went to forums, then I clicked on my picture next to "Hello france". It then takes me straight to my profile. I click on edit profile and it shows my username and email in text boxes. The website will let me change the email, but when I click on the text box for my username nothing happens. When scrolled over/clicked on, the mouse still appears the same.
  • france said:

So first I went to forums, then I clicked on my picture next to "Hello france". It then takes me straight to my profile. I click on edit profile and it shows my username and email in text boxes. The website will let me change the email, but when I click on the text box for my username nothing happens. When scrolled over/clicked on, the mouse still appears the same.

Interesting. I tried to change my username, and it didn't do what you described.

There's something else I can try. Sending you a DM.
  • Let me say I used to be an avid poster on the boards. We have some areas in the General Discussion forum that are games. You post something and move onto the next thread to post something else. The free quick fun is what I love about the General Discussion area. Now I’m being reprimanded by the forum itself with a red flag that reads: You have posted 3 times within 240 seconds. A spam block is now in effect on your account. You must wait at least 600 seconds before attempting to post again. While I understand that the board is not as active as it used to be and spam must be prevented, I am pissed. If you want to get the Board whiring back into action, this is not the way to do it. You have now completely prevented the fun back and forth talk that used to be apart of this forum and is what made boardies become friends. I might as well stay on twitter and facebook to converse with fans about the band or to have silly fun with other fans. I’m not waiting 600 seconds to be on this board. I have better things to do. I shouldn’t take it personally, but I am also insulted as a long time avid user of the board to be blocked as a spammer.