In this Discussion

OK Go unique photography

Hi guys and gals, I wanted to share some film shots (yes film, as in non digital photos) that I got at the Austin show in October. It was a tiny venue and I was mere feet from the band so I got some close up shots with my weird cameras (that don't have zoom lenses or flash). I finally got around to developing the rolls and such. The first three are on a Diana Mini camera that does multiple exposures and other tricks. The next three are on an Oktomat camera that takes sequential photos like a comic strip. Hope you enjoy! I also have a Nimslo 3D camera that sadly misfired during the show and didn't turn out, and I even took portraits of the guys posing for me during the VIP part so I'm really bummed those didn't turn out at all. But the good news is I contacted the tour manager and I'm doing VIP in Dallas so he said we can probably set some time aside for me to take their portraits again! I attached an example, let me know if you can see the 3D... you just refocus your eyes like in those retro Magic Eye pictures, until the images realign on top of each other.

Ok I can't figure out how to attach images in the first post, let me try to add them in a comment? Anyway if you like this type of photography check out my website, I also took lots of photos on Radiohead's last tour. http://amybrown.net/radiohead.html

Comments

• Great photos!
  • Neat! I don't think I've ever seen images like these before.

The ones that are four-to-a-strip make me think of old photo booths.

Did you take a class, or are you self-taught? Do you just like messing around with photography, or do you do it professionally?
  • Thanks! I am completely self-taught. Trial and error. :) It's just a hobby now, but I'd like to do it for more bands, maybe my OK Go photos will help get some interest.
  • Got to do my little photoshoot with the band in Dallas in April. Well, was supposed to be a little photoshoot but ended up lasting about 1 minute total. So I only got a 1 portrait of each of the guys, and only with my Nimslo 3D camera. But they turned out cool! Best viewed full size at amybrown.net/okgo.jpg To see the 3D, refocus your eyes until the images realign on top of each other. My camera is a vintage Nimslo from the 1980s. Hope you enjoy!