In this Discussion

Summerfest

Anyone headed to Summer Fest in Milwaukee? I am planning to take my nephew Perris who has never been to an OK Go show before. Just wondering if anyone else is going.

Comments

• hi jancooney. i'm new to the forum. my first post. i will be going. flying in from co (visiting family gives me a good excuse to go!) this will be my 2nd ok go show. have you been to summerfest before? it's been 20 years for me. wondering how much it's changed.
  • I am pretty new to the forum myself. Honestly, it doesn't seem like many come on the forum. I have had better luck meeting people at shows. I was at Summerfest for Hanson in 2012 and it was such a great deal. I do remember being back about ten to fifteen rows and it being pretty crowded, but I wasn't trying to get on the rail or anything. The only other time I was there was by accident in 2007. If you're from CO, are you going to Riot Fest? I am not big on festivals, but if it's for OKGo, I will make an exception.
  • i am going to riot fest. this is what i'm calling "the year of concerts" and am traveling and doing festivals to see my favorite bands. some i haven't seen yet. it'll be my first real festival experience since the days of early lolapalooza when it went from city to city. i have to wait and see what the crowds are actually like. for summerfest, i'm gonna be a total dork and go to the 8:00 show in the same venue so i can stay between shows and hopefully get a decent space. at least the admin at summerfest said we are allowed to do that. which, i find odd. sound check?
  • ps, sorry to not get back to you right away. i hadn't checked until today.
  • Hello. Same here about not responding immediately. I have been editing video for four days. I will definitely go early myself. There is no VIP or sound check opportunity for this show, but they gotta check sound at some time, right? I am that nerd too--get there early and stay late. I am only going for OKGO then heading back to INDY the next day.
  • i just find it interesting that they let people stay in the venue during set up and sound check. but, then again, it's no different than at lolla, so why i'm surprised... ? thankfully, i get to stay one more day and have the quandary of deciding between seeing awolnation or sylvan esso, who are playing at the same time. i think sylvan esso will win out. if we get a chance to meet at the show, and i'm there before you, i'll try to save you and your nephew a seat.
  • I'll do the same but are there seats? I guess it is standing room for ok go.
  • Most likely, OK Go will set up & sound check before gates open. Their gear will stay on stage, at the back, while all the other bands play.
  • hey, jan. just 2 days away! hope to meet you there.
  • I'm checking in to see if anyone has any pictures/videos/stories from Summerfest they would like to share. I know Becky posted some things on her social media. Does anyone else want to share? I'm having OKGo/summer concert withdrawal symptoms. I want to hear everyone's awesome reports! :)
  • I got a few videos, but I have yet to have time to upload them. Once I do, I'll post them here.

I didn't go to the DJ set afterwards, but I know that Jamie went. At least, when I left her she said she was still going.

Because it was a fest and Tim & Dan had their DJ set, I don't think the boys stuck around to see fans. And for the first time, I didn't stick around to see if they stuck around. I'm getting older? Nah, I was just exhausted.

They put on a good show as usual. Though they were only able to use the confetti machines as a festival doesn't lend itself well to the visual media that they usually have for shows. As long as they're there and performing, I'm happy.
  • I'm checking in to see if anyone has any pictures/videos/stories from Summerfest they would like to share. I know Becky posted some things on her social media. Does anyone else want to share? I'm having OKGo/summer concert withdrawal symptoms. I want to hear everyone's awesome reports! :)

Just typed a full review, but the body is too long to post (2634 characters too long). I will post it elsewhere.

• edited July 2015

I'm checking in to see if anyone has any pictures/videos/stories from Summerfest they would like to share. I know Becky posted some things on her social media. Does anyone else want to share? I'm having OKGo/summer concert withdrawal symptoms. I want to hear everyone's awesome reports! :)

Go here for a pdf doc with links to pics and video. I typed a rundown of my experience, but I didn't realize there was a limit on length in the forum.

http://www.jancooney.com/random/JanSummerfest15.pdf
  • I got a few videos, but I have yet to have time to upload them. Once I do, I'll post them here.

I didn't go to the DJ set afterwards, but I know that Jamie went. At least, when I left her she said she was still going.

Because it was a fest and Tim & Dan had their DJ set, I don't think the boys stuck around to see fans. And for the first time, I didn't stick around to see if they stuck around. I'm getting older? Nah, I was just exhausted.

They put on a good show as usual. Though they were only able to use the confetti machines as a festival doesn't lend itself well to the visual media that they usually have for shows. As long as they're there and performing, I'm happy.

Hey Becky. I have seen you around on the board, so it was nice meeting you. Jamie did make it to the afterfest party, and we all stayed until they shut it down. It was a great show at Summerfest, and I am trying to get to Denver next. I might see you again in Chicago too. Kat and I are definitely hoping to see your TTSP video.
    -Jan

• The vids have been up for awhile, I just haven't gotten around to posting them here.

TTSP

N/G

The One Moment