In this Discussion

current song addiction.

edited November -1 in General Discussion
what song are you currently listening to nonstop?
I have 2:
- "Idioteque" by Radiohead
- "Cold, Cold Water" by Mirah

...seriously. I just keep playing them over and over.

Comments

• Idioteque! God! I haven't listened to that in a long time. Thanks for reminding me Sai. I'm gonna go play that entire record today! biggrin.gif

ummm, what am I playing non-stop? Well, it's not songs, it's whole cd's and I haven't been able to stop playing........

1) Elefant- Yes, still playing it and it's still fantastic!

2) Ambulance Ltd.- Great record. Highly recommend it!

3) The Killers- Another fantastic record. I keep finding new things to like about this record every time I listen to it!
  • QUOTE (minia @ Nov 23 2004, 01:18 AM)
    - "Cold, Cold Water" by Mirah

...seriously. I just keep playing them over and over.

Mirah is great.
  • QUOTE (heaventonight @ Nov 23 2004, 10:09 AM)
    Idioteque! God! I haven't listened to that in a long time. Thanks for reminding me Sai. I'm gonna go play that entire record today! biggrin.gif

3) The Killers- Another fantastic record. I keep finding new things to like about this record every time I listen to it!

Lori--
    I hadn't listened to it in forever either, but my friend was saying how he had never heard idioteque cause he always skipped it when he listened to kid a, and since then for some reason I put it on all these burned cds i've made recently and its permanently on my ipod playsit.

my brother said exactly that the other day.. he loves the killers to no end, it's kinda worrysome now, actually. He like analyzes too many things in all their songs haha.

Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore-
    totally agree. Her voice is kind of eerie but at the same time really soothing.
    My friend who is one of those people who for some reason hasn't found a band with a female vocalist that he genuinely enjoys, I made him listen to that song and I think I changed him... at least slightly.

Also the new spoon mp3s on their site are rather good. I'm excited for that album, too. They barely ever tour and if they do I will be so ecstatic, they came here once earlier this year and of course it was on a weekday and I had to miss it.
  • QUOTE (minia @ Nov 23 2004, 06:15 PM)
    Lori--
    I hadn't listened to it in forever either, but my friend was saying how he had never heard idioteque cause he always skipped it when he listened to kid a, and since then for some reason I put it on all these burned cds i've made recently and its permanently on my ipod playsit.

my brother said exactly that the other day.. he loves the killers to no end, it's kinda worrysome now, actually. He like analyzes too many things in all their songs haha.

Great idea! Putting it on cd's for others. And it should be on your ipod!!! Good call.

The Killers. I've had the record for a while. I played it for a bit, then stopped. It's been back on the roster for months now. Yeah, it's an interesting record. I'm always so fascinated by records and bands that 'hit'. And Brandon's lyrics make me curious.

I'm glad you're still posting your recommendations. I LOVE IT! biggrin.gif Don't stop!
  • the killers - indie rock and roll
    van halen - 5150
    von bondies - come on
  • eels - climbing to the moon
    bellx1 - eve, the apple of my eye
    I've been in a chilled out mood cool.gif
  • The Futureheads - Hounds of Love
    and
    The Home Wreckers Club - members only EP (yea, all 4 songs lol)
  • The Wrens.

And promise you won't laugh buuuuut I've had Tiffany's 'I think we're alone now' song stuck in my head for days! cool.gif
  • i really like mirah - i need to get more of her music. what would you guys recommend my downloading? (oh, ourtunes... so lovely)

i've been listening to so much less music since coming to college. but, sadly, what's always stuck in my head are the songs from the buffy the vampire slayer musical. damn, those songs are addictive.

right now, i've got belle and sebastian - if you find yourself caught in love stuck in my head.
    and, oh, i have a paper due in nine and a half hours that i have only written half of, and OH i want to sleep instead of write it.
  • can't stop listening to Vertigo by U2. so insanely catchy. and City of Blinding Lights is pretty good too smile.gif
  • "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)" by My Chemical Romance
    "That Thing You Do" by The Wonders biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Nov 30 2004, 04:09 PM)
    "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)" by My Chemical Romance
    "That Thing You Do" by The Wonders biggrin.gif

OH my gosh!!! I haven't seen "that thing you do" in soooo long. one of the best movies ever...

Another band I really really can't stop listening to lately: The Apples In Stereo... check them out. i dunno their site but if you google them it comes up.
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Nov 30 2004, 10:09 PM)
    "I'm Not Okay (I Promise)" by My Chemical Romance

my friend just sent me that album, and i'm obsessed with the artwork.

i'm also listening to Thurday's "war all the time" a LOT. it is very good, give it a listen.

h xxx
  • QUOTE (minia @ Nov 30 2004, 02:40 PM)
    OH my gosh!!! I haven't seen "that thing you do" in soooo long. one of the best movies ever...

YES IT IS ONE OF THE BEST
    that is SO going on my christmas list this year.
  • Franz "Do You Want To"

and Clap Your Hands "Upon This Tidal Wave"
  • Today, I could not stop singing "Apistat Commander" by Xiu Xiu at work
    ...I'm not necessarily a fan of the band, but I love THAT song!
  • I've been listening to "Oh Lately It's so Quiet" on a roll for a bunch of days... I just love that song...

Rosa
  • I just listened to gutterati on repeat for about 6 hours. It keeps me company while I do stuff smile.gif
    And then, at the end, I switched to Henrietta. I luuuurve the fratellis! I wanna be Scottish!
  • I can't stop listening to the Killers "Sam's Town," "For Reasons Unknown," and "This River is Wild."

Seriously, I keep putting "For Reasons Unknown" on repeat and I have no idea why. That song will probably drive me to crazyville
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Dec 6 2007, 07:59 PM)
    I've been listening to "Oh Lately It's so Quiet" on a roll for a bunch of days... I just love that song...

Rosa

As well you should be, Rosa. As well you should be.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif tongue.gif