In this Discussion

CHRISTMAS!

Comments

• I am dreaming of a STRESS FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EXAM PERIOD! do do do do do do do do dooooooo oh ya and Christmas
  • QUOTE (RoRo @ Nov 18 2005, 01:43 PM)
    I am dreaming of a STRESS FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EXAM PERIOD! do do do do do do do do dooooooo oh ya and Christmas

Me too!!! Gah, I cannot believe that after Thanksgiving, I have 3 weeks left! It's so weird!
  • [*shudders*]

i hope my school burns so i dont have to write exams....

Uoft took my soul....and my $$
  • haha
    colleges tend to do that.
  • QUOTE (RoRo @ Nov 18 2005, 05:04 PM)
    [*shudders*]
    Uoft took my soul....and my $$

Gah, so has Smith. tongue.gif
  • THERES FROST OUTSIDE

GOD DAMN FROST PEOPLE

brrr so cold in town on the way home =(
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Nov 17 2005, 11:27 PM)
    Come to Mass. It's already snowed. It snowed two days before Hallowe'en up in Salem. And apparently it was snowing today, too, just not where I am.

WAIT.... it was?
    how did I miss that?

eh, not here in the suburbs, at least.

but it did snow the last weekend in october, thats for sure.
    and it was real snow, too. not just flurries.

and it sucked

but seriously, why start a thread about christmas when its not even thanksgiving yet?

and where's the thread about thanksgiving?
    doesn't anyone care about the indians (native americans) anymore?
    and the turkeys and the pumpkinness and the pilgrims?
  • i dont get the whole thanksgiving thing...
  • us canadian's have already had thanksgiving... twas last month! and christmas decorations at the mall and such have been up since before halloween which is so wrong but whatever.. you get use to it
  • ^ why would you?

its an american thing, and i doubt most americans even get it.

i just get it drilled into my head every single year in school because i live about an hour or two's drive from plymouth and the rock and the history of it all.

just like we learn everything about the salem witch-trials because we're half an hour from salem and danvers
    ...and the early battles of the revolution because we see the bunker hill monument anytime we go anywhere in boston, and we play in sports aainst the lexington minutemen lots of times and we can go follow the liberty trail anytime we want as long as we have three dollars for the T fare in and out of the city and a ride to the station ......
    not that i'd ever follow the liberty trail for fun, mind you. it gets boring after your third time of going to paul revere's house on christmas to get served cookies and cider.....
  • cider and cookies? oooo

if only i drank....or ate cookies...id be in heaven
  • ^ they hand out the recipes so you can make christmas goodies and apple cider yourself, i think i still have it somewhere.

We already have eggnog in the fridge for thursday.

and i agree about the christmas decorations, in the stores and stuff they're up way too early. I usually dont get sick of the christmas in cvs until about the middle of december, but im already wishing for it all to be over.
  • what is this eggnog you speak of?
  • eggnog?
    you don't know what eggnog is?

well i dunno, its just eggnog

i can't explain it so that it sounds good, but its like really thick milk that has raw eggs in it and is flavored vanilla-y and it tastes really good and the raw eggs make it risky to drink.

but that just made it sound disgusting.
    it really isnt though, its beautifully delicious.
    they sell it in the stores around the holidays.
  • eggs? and milk?

hmm..
  • EGGNOG!

Eggnog shakes from McDonald's are goooooooooood.

So are the Shamrock ones, but that's for *Irish accent*St. Patty's Day *End Irish Accent*
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Nov 20 2005, 02:39 PM)
    WAIT.... it was?
    how did I miss that?

eh, not here in the suburbs, at least.

but it did snow the last weekend in october, thats for sure.
    and it was real snow, too.  not just flurries.

and it sucked

but seriously, why start a thread about christmas when its not even thanksgiving yet?

and where's the thread about thanksgiving?
    doesn't anyone care about the indians (native americans) anymore?
    and the turkeys and the pumpkinness and the pilgrims?

I think it was snowing out by Simon's Rock College (like, central Mass.) when I posted that. But, yeah, it definitely did snow the last weekend of October. I'm living out in Northampton, and my house chose the ONLY weekend in October when it SNOWED to go to Salem. So not only was it uber-packed with people, but it was cold and snowy. And then it was 60 degrees the next day.

Actually, the weather here in Mass. has been really weird this fall. It keeps going back and forth between "It's really cold!" and "It's really nice!"

And I care about Thanksgiving! I HATE it when stores put up Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving, and ESPECIALLY before Hallowe'en because 1)Hallowe'en is my favourite holiday, and 2) my birthday (TWO DAYS 'TIL I'M 20!) is right around Thanksgiving, so it bothers me to see Christmas stuff before then. tongue.gif

i can't explain it so that it sounds good, but its like really thick milk that has raw eggs in it and is flavored vanilla-y and it tastes really good and the raw eggs make it risky to drink.

but that just made it sound disgusting.

Yeah, it does. biggrin.gif Haha. But don't get sketched out, it really is good!
  • i like decorating the tree... but ours is a fake... so u dont get that pretty tree smell, so my mom makes me burn my insense.
  • i cant' wait for xmas. i might spend it in toronto....might be my first white xmas ever....in life
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Nov 20 2005, 09:27 PM)
    Actually, the weather here in Mass. has been really weird this fall. It keeps going back and forth between "It's really cold!" and "It's really nice!"

And I care about Thanksgiving! I HATE it when stores put up Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving, and ESPECIALLY before Hallowe'en because 1)Hallowe'en is my favourite holiday, and 2) my birthday (TWO DAYS 'TIL I'M 20!)  is right around Thanksgiving, so it bothers me to see Christmas stuff before then. tongue.gif

yeah the weather has been odd. one minute its like "whatever happened to global warming!" and then the next day its 60 degrees and balmy.
    I know what you mean.. Oldies 103.3 already started their all chrismas all the time lineup of songs. I hate it when people just completely skip over holidays like that.

QUOTE (76 @ Nov 21 2005, 01:58 AM)
    i cant' wait for xmas. i might spend it in toronto....might be my first white xmas ever....in life

I'm sorry,but..... I just can't imagine a winter without snow. or a life without snow. It's just really weird to me, cause ive lived in the same town my whole life. There's not always snow on christmas, but just the idea of never having had a white christmas creeps me out.

....and this is why I'll always be a new englander.