In this Discussion

the corporation

edited November -1 in General Discussion
well, yesterday being the good, caring person i am i went to the weekly amnesty meeting expecting a talk from mr nick mann about corporate responsiblity. i wasn't really expecting much because i know that nick's a lazy git, but after a 5 min introduction from him we got to watch a video called "the corporation" which is some scary shit about the immense power that corporations hold.

EVERYONE should see it. it really makes you think about what we are doing to the world and what the human race is becoming. the easiest way to get a hold of it is probably to download it, as it's not out on DVD until the spring and they're showing it in piss all places in the states at the mo. there is a site the corporation where you can read about the film and the people that made etc.

enjoy.....

h xxx

Comments

• QUOTE (husna @ Dec 1 2004, 07:16 PM)
    EVERYONE should see it. it really makes you think about what we are doing to the world and what the human race is becoming. the easiest way to get a hold of it is probably to download it, as it's not out on DVD until the spring and they're showing it in piss all places in the states at the mo. there is a site the corporation where you can read about the film and the people that made etc.

I want to see it. A bunch of people i know saw it and really liked it. But somebody else I know saw it and walked out. Twice. Not because she didn't like it, though. Because she kept falling asleep.
  • I missed it when it was at my theater... just didn't have time to go see movies. *shakes fist* But I'll watchif it's on tv or at the library. (aka free)

~Rachael
  • QUOTE (Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore @ Whom I Adore,Dec 2 2004, 01:37 AM)
    But somebody else I know saw it and walked out. Twice.  Not because she didn't like it, though.  Because she kept falling asleep.

i would have reccomended for you to take a cushion and make sure that you're comfy, coz it's pretty long, three hours i think. but maybe that's what your friend did, and she ended up falling asleep. instead i advise a bucket of cold water to soak your feet in to help you stay awake, and maybe some nachos, coz they're yummy!

h xxx
  • i'd like to see it. they were showing it at my school a few weeks ago, but i wasn't here. everyone who saw it was quite impressed, though.
  • I saw it in Chicago. It's informative, but yeah, a bit boring. And I'm one of those nerds that actually gets excited by that stuff. So very boring. But informative. Like whole-grain cereals. There's not a single marshmallow balloon in the whole box, but it's good for you, so finish it. Everyone wants to be entertained. Screw that. Be informed. Be bored. Go see The Corporation.