The Libertines in Osaka and Kyoto

edited November -1 in General Discussion
*in Osaka (12/2/04)
Oh c'mon, the crowd was too small (or the place was too big). I know some people went to see another show of a young British band called 22-20s. And I know many people think The Libs without Pete is unbearable, yes I feel kinda same way. But I still love them, and how could I miss them if this might be the last chance to see them?
The show was okay. Carl did good, he looked slightly tired tho. Again, I can say the show was good as an ordinary band, but it was different from The Libertines that they used to be. Sadness. Tears came into my eyes.

*in Kyoto (12/3/04)
Most foreign bands just pass through my beautiful hometown, nonethless, it was the second time for The Libertines. I love the venue called Metro (pretty small and messy, good staffs and good drinks), people says that this place resembles some bar in London. Gary, the drummer, showed himself to have some cocktails just before the time of the concert.
The place was full, I couldn't make a move. Once the show started, I was crushed. I was half unconscious for minutes at the middle of the show, I was rather happy, "Yeah, it IS The Libertines'!!!". It was much more better than the last night. Carl was FUCKIN' GORGEOUS and enjoyed himself, Gary was so funny, and it was a big surprise that I heard John talk to us from stage and smiled a lot. Anthony, the substitute for Pete, was a good guitarist, I'm sorry for him but I couldn't help wishing he were Pete. He's not a great singer at all, but no one can sing like him, you know. The songs from their new album was quite painful to hear. Anyway, it was an amazing night. I'd like to thank The Libertines for such brilliant show.

One big concern - it was their last show as The Libertines? I hope it's not true. A bright side - at the end of the show Gary said they would come back soon. I hope it's not a lie.