In this Discussion

the office

Comments

• I haven't seen the British version, but I quite enjoy the American one. Steve Carell cracks me up pretty much any time he's on my screen.
  • you must see the english vershon
  • That's what I've heard, and I've been meaning to hunt it down and watch it for a while now, just haven't gotten around to it.
  • i've seen both, well i haven't seen all of the british one. i like it better than the american version, but both are soo good though! tis absolutely one of my new favourite shows.
  • i still prefur the american to the english..

ill get deported for saying that..to femmit land

OH GOD NO
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jan 30 2006, 09:43 PM)
    i still prefur the american to the english..

ill get deported for saying that..to femmit land

OH GOD NO

ohmy.gif but i thought you liked teh english better... hmmm
    oh well i fully support deportation, as long as it's to canada tongue.gif
  • dont we still own canada?
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jan 30 2006, 09:50 PM)
    dont we still own canada?

tongue.gif no!
    but your queen is on all of our coins
  • pfft i claim moral victory then
  • Some gems from the original:

David Brent's poem:
    "I froze your tears and made a dagger,
    and stabbed it in my cock forever.
    It stays there like Excalibur,
    Are you my Arthur?
    Say you are.
    Take this cool dark steeled blade,
    Steal it, sheath it, in your lake.
    I'd drown with you to be together.
    Must you breathe? Cos I need Heaven."

Ahahaha, I wish I was as eloquent as that.

Gareth: "I can't believe you got off with a bird I fancy."
    Tim: "Why can't you believe that Gareth?"
    Gareth: "Well I can't believe there's a bird that fancies you over me for a start. What you...? He's a weird little bloke, look at his cartoon face and his hair-he looks like a Fisher Price man, his rubbish clothes. Makes me think there's something wrong with you for a start, but yet in my head, I'd still do you, so I'm confused. Alright, I'll ask you straight. Is there anything that could happen between us two while this is going on?"
    Rachel: "Like what?"
    Tim: "What, specifically?"
    Rachel: "Yeah."
    Gareth: "Handjob?"

Or, my absolute fav:
    Tim: "Team Leader don't mean anything mate"
    Gareth: "Excuse me, it means I'm leader of a team"
    Tim: "No it doesn't. It's a title someone's given you to get you to do something they don't want to do for free - it's like making the div kid at school milk monitor. No one respects it"
    Gareth: "Er I think they do"
    Tim: "No they don't Gareth"
    Gareth: "Er yes they do, cos if people were rude to me then I used to give them their milk last... so it was warm."

(From the awesomeness of Wikipedia [http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/The_Office])
  • the english office is far to overrated

probally why i dont like it

its funny and all, but its prised like jesus sex here
  • brittish tv scares me, i dont really watch it, but from the comercials ive seen on tv, as well as teletubbies being british, its all lead me to become very afraid of english tv.
  • Conan was on the office last episode. I was deeply amused, even though it was just him walking by the camera. It definately made my day though. Conan + The Office = wub.gif
    brittish tv scares me, i dont really watch it, but from the comercials ive seen on tv, as well as teletubbies being british, its all lead me to become very afraid of english tv.

Oh no! Don't be afraid of English TV! Some of the best stuff comes from overseas! They're very clever and insightfully witty! the british "Coupling" was a great one, the american one totally bombed though cause the jokes just weren't as funny...
  • QUOTE (w00t @ Feb 11 2006, 08:14 PM)
    Conan was on the office last episode.  I was deeply amused, even though it was just him walking by the camera.  It definately made my day though.  Conan + The Office = wub.gif

WHAT?!?!?! I missed CONAN on THE OFFICE?!?!?! WHY?!?!?!

Two of my favorite funny people in ONE SHOW . . . amazing.

I want to see it now. sad.gif
  • QUOTE (oknow @ Feb 12 2006, 01:56 AM)
    Oh no! Don't be afraid of English TV! Some of the best stuff comes from overseas! They're very clever and insightfully witty! the british "Coupling" was a great one, the american one totally bombed though cause the jokes just weren't as funny...

your my hero

coupling is fucking amazing

the american one raped it into the ground
    your my hero

coupling is fucking amazing

the american one raped it into the ground

Thanks! The american version blew the chunks right out of the water. I saw one episode and it just wasn't the same. What are the new shows from the UK now? Any one that I should be looking into since I think you're my only resource for all things cool in the UK... laugh.gif
  • hyperspace is good

little britton is so over rated..its reached jesus sex like hype..and has sucked

greenwing is the best comedy in years....its like scrubs, but english...EVERYTHING in it is impervised

peep show is ok

coupling before jeff left was amazing, i didnt watch any of the ones without him as it wont be the same
  • hhmmm... I wish there was more improv tv, definitely makes for some good tv. you know, I've noticed that alot of tv shows everywhere have weird title names, they don't even hint at what the show is about...strange. like what's "Hyperspace" about? Aliens? "Crumbs" could be about tiny pieces of bread crumbs...
    YES! Jeff was the best! I didn't know that he left! Sad. unsure.gif
  • he left to make a tv show/movie i forget

hyper space is basically a poor mans red dwarf...red dwarf = the best british sci fi/comedy ever made