In this Discussion

LORI=MUSE

edited November -1 in General Discussion

that is allll hand beaded!!! it took 874897378573573489 hours! i didnt sleep for a week! but it is SUPER SUPER cute. the cuteness just doenst translate in these pictures. its like "oh thats cute" but really, u dont know HOW cute. hahah. and it was totally inspired by lori. i was thinking of lori when i drew the design and then it ended up beign my term project. the shirt is cute too. thanks. haha

the girls are beaded too. and umm..amina wasnt wearing makeup so youre not allowed to see her face! tongue.gif

Comments

• I just had to agree with the topic title...Lori = Muse for sure!
  • OOH prettttty.
  • I LOVE my Goosey!!!! Awww, Amina, I have been thinking about you for weeks!!! But, the feeling has been SOOOO strong in the last week or so. I was going to post something on the board for YOU TODAY! I was going to ask you what you're favorite on-line beauty site was? Gloss.com, beauty.com or do you have a better suggestion.

As for you're beautiful creation, WOW, it's absoloutely gorgeous!!! I'd be honored if I could buy it. Or some version of it. Tell me the story of this skirt, if there is a story. I LOVE the bead work. It reminds me of the work I've seen on beautiful things from India or Pakistan! I'm going back to India again this year and I'm going to buy up as much stuff as possible. I was reading what you and Sai ( hi Sai, I miss you too) sad.gif were talking about. It's amazing that the stuff that shows up here is such poor quality and then they charge 100x's what you would be charged for the piece in India or Pakistan. When I was there I bought 100% silk scarves that would cost like 80 to 100 dollars here, for 25 to 35 American dollars there. Needless to say my mom has a lot of new silk scarves.

Anyway, I LOVE the skirt!!!! It's gorgeous. I AM TOTALLY HONORED!!!!!!!!!!!

I MISS YOU TONS!!!!! Something told me to stop by the OKGo board tonight. I'm happy that I did!!!

Still haven't fixed my AIM. How lame can a person be? Send me you're e-mail address. I'd love to write you.

I was having a questionable/bleh day and you have cheered me up ENORMOUSLY!!!

Still want to hang out with you in NYC. You know we'd have a blast!!!!! smile.gif

Who are you listening to these days?

Write me!!!

xoxo, Lori biggrin.gif
  • Aw, these threads make me happy.

Between Amina's hotness, Lori's happy post..

It's all love. laugh.gif
  • Sending some happiness and love right back to you M
    Miss Melanie!!!

How are you? Did you get a lot of snow? I think you're west of the city and you were suppossed to get A LOT of snow. Did you?

I miss you all. I'm hoping that when there's a new OKGo record more of us will be back here.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
  • awww, i love u tooo wub.gif im glad you like it!

ok well here is teh story behind the skirt....i had been wlaking around the garment district for about 4 hours searching for fabric...i couldnt decide what kind of outfit i wanted..half the stuff i liked was business-like tweedy stuff and the other half was totally femenine and cute. We had two requirements: the shirt has to have sleeves and a collar. so i was really annoyed because i couldnt decide what i wanted to do. and on top of that, icoudlnt pick a season! because id like a fabric for the skirt and it would be fall fabric, and when i found a matching shirt material, it would be spring fabric. i would have gotten seriously marked down on that.

THEN i went into this fabric store and saw all these fashion figure fabrics. they were SO CUTE! and i KNEWWW i had to do something iwth the fashion figures since theyre going to be so so so in. so i bought a fabric filled iwth fahsion figures not knowing exactly what i wanted to do with it. when i was wlaking(and being totall happy about my fabric) is tarted thinking how the fabric reminds me of you. so i was like hmmm...and another requirement of ours was we have to pick a market--we have to decide WHO our customer is. so i was like "ok..lori si my customer. myc utsomer is a 20-something professional woman. shes not in the fashion industry, but she is a slave to fashion!" and so i started thinking about how you travel to california all the time and i'll do a spring outfit and say its for teh professional girl on a business trip to LA---its an off afternoon and she wants to go hsopping.

ok so then i thought "what would lori wear on an afternoon shopping trip?" and i was like "flared skirt with tropical print high-heeled sandals" so now i KNEW what to do with my fashion figures fabric: i was going to cut the fashion figures out and put them along the hem of a black linen flared skirt. so i went to buy some black linen and i wanted to find some fabric that would match tropical print sandals and i found that turquoise and greenish yellow linen.

ok so when i went home i started doing sketches---i did some using some other fabric i had laying around the house also but when i saw this one all finished, i was like "i HAVE to do this!" so i decided this one is my term projec for sure.

the beading looks like stuff u see in pakistan and india because i bought ALLLLLL that stuff from pakistan when i went for my brothers wedding. the mirrors, the kundun beads, the small green beads, the rhinestones....everything! i bought SO MUCH stuff. and its the same thing...this stuff is so inexpensive over there. what i bought for $50 over there would have cost me about $600 over here. maybe even more than that. once i bought a few things and it came out to $40! and when i went there iw as in shock!!

the beading on the skirt and the mirrors and all happen because when i was making a fabric sample of how the hem would look, to the side of the fashion figure i started playing iwth the mirrors, just because i was bored! and then it looked really cute so i decided to make the yolk beaded.

the.end.

ok check your PMs
  • holy crap! that's hot!
    you're amazinglyyyyy talented, amina!!
    what are those earrings? they look cute.

Lori!!! - aww i miss you too! and yeah all those silk scarves and everything else they make and send here, they're totally ripping off everyone who buys that stuff here. but I guess not many people are planning a trip to Pakistan or Indian soon.. or ever, so they can do that.
    my email address is sarain@gmail.com
    you can email me whenever smile.gif
  • QUOTE (heaventonight @ Jan 6 2005, 12:20 PM)
    Sending some happiness and love right back to you M
    Miss Melanie!!!

How are you? Did you get a lot of snow? I think you're west of the city and you were suppossed to get A LOT  of snow. Did you?

I'm good, thanks!
    We got about a foot of snow! It was hell getting out of my driveway!

It sucks that a lot of us are so close and I never get together with anyone.
    We need to do so!
  • I agree Melle. I totally agree.
  • That is an AWESOME story!!! Thank you for telling it. I do feel honored. biggrin.gif

I wish I dressed as well as you picture me dressing. I do love to dress up, but I'm so lazy about it sometimes. But, if I get this gorgeous skirt (I can't believe the girls are beaded, too) I WILL be sure to wear it. I may even go wild and post a picture of myself in it. Probably without my face in the pic. Just like Amina did in her's (psycho I know, but great minds think alike)....And Amina, I won't forget to give you all of the credit when I receive the tons of compliments I'm sure I'll be receiveing for your skirt. biggrin.gif

Amina, I just send you a long winded pm. check.

I gottta go to bed. I'll be back soon.......

xo,lori
  • A foot of snow! Wow, while it's not terribly convienent it sure is beautiful AND very quiet and peaceful.

I'm glad you're good!!

And, yes we all should get together. We'd have a blast!!! laugh.gif
  • ive SO already decided that amina is making my wedding dress wink.gif

oh man. lori i miss you so much. and you dress up! i remember seeing you in chicago, and you looked so cute. you wore your cute little outfit with a nice scarf (BEFORE everyone and their sister wore little scarves around!)

i love fashion so much. i have absolutely n othing fashionable though.

i'm going to have to go all out for amina's engagement party and go there looking ca-razy fashionable!!

ps: do you guys watch project runway? (that show that amina should be on!) i've become ADDICTED to it

pps: we have to have a giant boardie party somewhere one day.
  • for loreezi:

this is the kurta i was talking about from india. its SO NICE! ah. just amazing. its my favorite thing i got from india. ill take more pictures of india stuff and post it today! and id LOVE to see what you bought last time.

and dude, its SO on this summer!
  • I may not really know what a kurta is, but geez, it is soo beautiful! Most things with that much beadwork don't look so chic.
  • Welll...."kurta"= tunic but I accidentally said kurta cause I wasn't thinking and I accidentally typed in the wrong language. Haha. Sorry. Amina has difficulty switching between languages due to the excessive use of hairdye and mascara.

Its got an egyptian vibe to it, which is why I love it so much. Egyptian stuff kicks ass. They've got the best area at the metropolitan museum of art(ok, other than the ceilings on top of the greek sculptures. My house will look like tht. Hotness), the wore eye liner, they discovered linen....amazing ppl wink.gif I mean, what would the world be without linen?! Oh, and they totally had the best fashion sense out of all those other olden day people. I love ancient egypt.
  • QUOTE (Goosey @ Jan 9 2005, 06:25 AM)
    Oh, and they totally had the best fashion sense out of all those other olden day people. I love ancient egypt.

lol

hahahaha amina always says the best things

my friend is egyptian and shed always come back from egypt with the hawtest clothes ever