In this Discussion

i predict...

edited November -1 in OK Go
there will be an ok go show in ny in september.

i was told in my sleep. lets see if i end up being right.
this is a pointless post, but i wnat there to be proof come september that i KNEW about it in january!

Comments

• You know I totally believe in all of that stuff. I can't wait to see how that works out!

And, the post is not pointless! biggrin.gif
  • september!! that's way too far off.
    can you please explain this to your dream?
    let's go for... may. may is perfectly reasonable, i say.
    or february...
  • i predict there will be an ok go show in tucson in july. when im not here. because that is just my plain effing luck.
  • thered better be a show in ny

and youd better be there with me!
  • i cant go to shows anymore sad.gif just because...ill feel kind of ackward going to CONCERTS dressed like THIS:

im so sad. but then...not really, haha.

i am SICK of perverted men. do you know what this guy said to me while i was WEARING HIJAB? he corbered me on the street and said "you look like youve got a nice p*ssy, i want to f*** your p*ssy" he was SCREAMING it at top of his lungs and he had me cornered and i have never been so scared in my whole life! i was so embarassed and humiliated--there were so many people around and they could all hear what he was saying. it was so awful. (sad reality: nobody stopped to help me. they just stared) he had his arm up against the wall and i could FEEL (6th sense) he was about to touch me when i dont know how i thought so fast but i bent down and ran through under his arm really fast.

any way...at first, when guys hit on you and stuff, its really flattering. but after a while, you start to realize that you dont wnat to be on display for everyone. and every time a guy looks at you, it takes away somethng that you'll never get back: self respect.

and its not covering your hair that stops people from thinking perverted things about you. its your body. iw ore hijab but guys still turned around and some guys still made rude comments ("can i touch you?" me "no!" him "ill touch u up and down. theres nothing wrong iwth some harmless touching" ugh) and trust me, its not because of my face. i dont dress for anyone else and my body is mine, not anybody else's, so nobody needs to see it other than the people i love(friends and family). some dirty construction worker on the street has no right to look at me. every time a guy looks at you(and you dont even KNOW what is going through their minds when they look at you), its like a mini-rape. theyre doing it mentally. i dont need that. ill wear whatever i want underneath,a nd ill be just as happy and excited about getting dressed up as ever...plus, i wont have to deal with shitheads.

but yeah...ill feel REALLY weird at concerts and id ont wnat to take it off because i want to go to a show. thats a little...retarded and owuld suck of me.

so no ok go, i guess?unless u guys make sure ppl dont stare at me! haha
  • You are so right about being hit on Amina. I never liked it. It seriously used to make me want to cry and like totally disgusted me. I can't understand how some people really want to be hit on all the time.

P.S. It's sad that women have to cover themselves up so much because men can't be trusted to control themselves. I don't understand how they can even think that is appropriate behavior. dfkgueygn.