In this Discussion

Austin show...

edited November -1 in OK Go
hey, Phil here.

I just joined the forum even though I am a long time fan of OKGO (I've seen all 3 shows they've played here in Austin and bought the CD the day it came out ha!)...

and I was wondering if anyone has any info on this supposed Austin show that takes place on the 26th of February. (this would be the perfect birthday present for me to see OKGO again after a two-year austin absence!)

i've been looking around at different venues and I cannot find ANYTHING about this show.

any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you very much.

-phil

Comments

• nevermind...hah

i just found out everything i needed to know...

just a bit of preemptive posting there. HA!
  • Well I still need to know. So... where is it?
  • QUOTE (WeMadeShirts @ Jan 27 2005, 05:37 PM)
    Well I still need to know. So... where is it?

stubbs...
  • ooh that place is big. I actually hate going there, but I will make the sacrifice. lol.
  • rad. ooh, it's a late show... does anyone know if it's at the inside stage or out?

i got kind of sick of stubb's during sxsw... but the last time i went it was great. i love it again now, ha ha.
  • QUOTE (RiverSylphide @ Jan 29 2005, 01:14 PM)
    rad.  ooh, it's a late show...  does anyone know if it's at the inside stage or out?

inside...
  • Oooh inside. Sweet. I've never been to an inside show at Stubb's. I won't have to stand on the lumpy dirt floor! Yay!
  • Which three shows were you at in Austin?! I saw the SXSW showcase and party in 2002. The stubbs show with The Vines that summer. The OK Go headlining show at stubbs indoor later that same year. The Emo's show with The Donnas and Longwave. And then the headlining at stubbs indoor show in may of 2003.
  • do yall know when the tickets are going on sell for the austin show?
  • QUOTE (That70sGirl @ Jan 30 2005, 02:56 PM)
    Which three shows were you at in Austin?! I saw the SXSW showcase and party in 2002. The stubbs show with The Vines that summer. The OK Go headlining show at stubbs indoor later that same year. The Emo's show with The Donnas and Longwave. And then the headlining at stubbs indoor show in may of 2003.

I was at the last of those three shows. At the headlining OKGO show at Stubbs, my best friend Kaci was the girl they pulled up onstage to choose which cover they were going to play...it was awesome. And I never even realized that they played SXSW in 2002!!! I first experienced them when they played with the Vines, and made the Vines look like CRAP!

-phil
  • I guess that means I've actually seen OKGO FOUR TIMES! holy crap. nevermind then.

how could I have even forgotten!
  • Austin Residents:

Please listen to this Very Important Message from bassist Tim:

Real Audio

Windows Media
  • happy birthday, phil!

lol sorry if its late or early... biggrin.gif
  • what's the deal? underwear, now socks? did the guys not bring enough clothing on the road with them or summat? tongue.gif laugh.gif
  • NO SOCKS FOR YOU!! OK Go, go get your own socks you lazy SOBs. wink.gif