FINALLLLY!!!

edited November -1 in General Discussion
wedding pictures!!! haha
ok here we go...

bride on the mehndi(first day. shes not allowed to wear makeup):

my brother and his wife on the barat(the ACTUAL wedding day):

more barat:
hehhe, he looks like aladin!!!

my brothers wife on the walima(third day)

my brother and sister in law on the walima:

my brothers and dad at the mehndi(my brother wanst allowed to shave on the mehndi. its only fair if she cant wear makeup!)

Comments

• ok and meeee!!!

me and my brother on the mehndi:

me and my mini-me(my cousin that looks exactly like me) on the mehndi:

me and my dad on the mehndi(i obviously like sitting in laps):

my entire family on the barat:

me an dmy mini-me again, haha:

me on the walima(THESE are the diamond earings i wa stalkign about. ahhh. dont they just KILLYOU! they are SO HOT!!!):

my sister an dher daughter on the walima:

me entiiiiiire family(extended) at the walima:
  • AHHH what hot outfits!!!

your sister-in-laws are especially extravagant (duh, its HER wedding!)

and what a large family you have! i have a big family too...its great

btw, amina youre such a hottie. those earrings are REALLY nice.
  • dude!!!!!!!! i loveeee your outfit on the walima day. holy crap. it's sooooooo adorable!!!! AHH!

i keep forgetting to show you this one outfit ive worn it like once, but it's like the kind that you see and remember so its like unwearable more than once, that's the thing about shalwarkameez and stuff is like everyone remembers what you wore on everyones' weddings and then they comment on it if you wear the same thign twice. so i was thinking if we spent as much money on like american clothes as we do on paki clothes, we'd have the best wardrobes ever. like allll paki people spend so much money on clothes from pakistan, cause they buy so manyy it's like if they put that toward a wardrobe from here, it'd be like frickin awesome.

okay and you and your brothers look SO much alike.
  • QUOTE (Goosey @ Feb 4 2005, 07:29 PM)
    me on the walima(THESE are the diamond earings i wa stalkign about. ahhh. dont they just KILLYOU! they are SO HOT!!!):

That is like the most fantastic make-up i've ever seen. Teach me how to do that/come down and be my daily makeup artist. ha ha.
  • QUOTE (WeMadeShirts @ Feb 5 2005, 06:59 AM)
    That is like the most fantastic make-up i've ever seen. Teach me how to do that/come down and be my daily makeup artist. ha ha.

agreed. how do you get it to...look so....blended in? its all perfectly in place!
  • haha. thanks, julie. well...its all in the brushes. you need really good brushes and hal fthe blending is alreday done for you. the other thing is, i think i am wearing aout 5 different colors on my eyes that day, but you can only really see 2: bright pink and black. you have to use different values of the colors in order to make it look realllly blended.

and sai: yess!! i love that outfit! i was REALLLY happy with all my wedding outfits. 2 are from india(the yellow an dthe black) and the blue lehnga is from pakistan. also, maleeha's walima dress is from india too...as his her jewelry. india has amazing diamonds. the ones in her jewelry are uncut diamonds. they look soooo traditional and beautiful. when she was sitting at the table under the lights, her jewlery was like...blinding. total hotness. when my mom buoght maleeha's jewelry, she got me a set EXACTLY like that except that maleeha's is diamonds and rubies and mine is diamonds and saphire. its been horded away for me wedding sad.gif

and totally. you cant wear the same thing twice. the paki community is kind of like hollywood. haha. there is the whole "what will she wear?" thing...and the "eww...didnt you wear that before?! whatd you run out of clothes?" and the sarah jessica parkers that are always well-dressed and the lil kim's that are always horrendous. seriously. haha. i, personally, am a sarah jessica parker wink.gif

edit: sara!! that is my family when more than half my cousins werent able to come because nobody lives in pakistan anymore! thats just adults! and SOME kids!! and my moms side! haha. theres another.....25 or so people on my moms side that arent in that picture. my mom has 6 brothers and sisters...and they all have a bunch of kids! and most of my cousins are married so that doubles the count. HUGE ass family. haha
  • holy crap!!

lol thats so great

i have like, 5 aunt's and uncles on each side, and each of those has at least 3 kids...hahahha
  • Awww I just love the way Pakis (is that offensive?) look! They're all so pretty
  • arent big families fun?! i have 6 aunts on uncles on both sides also, but i don like my dads family, so i dont talk to them haha.

sara, do you ever get together with evvvveryone in your family?
  • man yeah. my family i dont even know all of their names.
    ill show you a picture sometime. at my brothers wedding we had to take 2 pictures cause people werent fitting in on both sides... and it was a professional guy's camera too. it's crazy.
  • QUOTE (Rabid Rabbit @ Feb 5 2005, 05:07 PM)
    Awww I just love the way Pakis (is that offensive?) look! They're all so pretty

hahah no, thats not offensive at alll. pakistani people make fun of pakistani people more than anybody else! so we are rarely offended, because chances are...whatever you are calling us, we've already called ourselves wink.gif
  • QUOTE (Goosey @ Feb 5 2005, 05:07 PM)
    arent big families fun?! i have 6 aunts on uncles on both sides also, but i don like my dads family, so i dont talk to them haha.

sara, do you ever get together with evvvveryone in your family?

YES!!

we have occasions like that like...once every 4 years (it has to be a huge event like weddings or bar mitzvahs or christenings) and it is...SO AWESOME

i have like, 10 cousins from my moms side, and ever since we were like....5 we have all agreed to always sleep in the same room. we havent broken that ONCE. even though its been really hard lately seeing as how were all getting bigger, we think its the BIGGEST selling out if you ditch your cousins to sleep in a room by yourself. lol its such a blast.

im the only girl on both sides of my family!! well actually, my aunt just had a girl, but shes not even 1 yet, so it doesnt count. lol so i get allllll of the jewelry and makeup and hot clothes. its heaven. biggrin.gif
  • haha. we have 6 families allll on my dad's side, and my mom's side there's only her brother and he's not even married. so we have 13 kids only on my dad's side. and only 3 are boys. and only one can pass on the family name. and it's sad because the only time we've ALL been together is at my grandma's funeral sad.gif
  • QUOTE (Goosey @ Feb 5 2005, 10:47 AM)
    haha. thanks, julie. well...its all in the brushes. you need really good brushes and hal fthe blending is alreday done for you. the other thing is, i think i am wearing aout 5 different colors on my eyes that day, but you can only really see 2: bright pink and black. you have to use different values of the colors in order to make it look realllly blended.

Dude, yes.
    I still can't ever get it as good as yours though. Yours is amazing and flawless, much like you <3.
    Gorgeous wedding.

This was my look tonight:

don't make fun of my eyebrows, they look like crap.
  • Both of you guys seriously need to be make-up artists. For me. ha ha ha.
  • Damn. Seriously, you guys are awesome at putting on makeup--tell me, do you use a base under your eyeshadow to keep it on? I've never found anything good to keep mine on all day.

And are you both using liquid eyeliner? Mine sucks--or maybe I just can't put it on right...
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Feb 6 2005, 03:57 PM)
    Damn. Seriously, you guys are awesome at putting on makeup--tell me, do you use a base under your eyeshadow to keep it on? I've never found anything good to keep mine on all day.

And are you both using liquid eyeliner? Mine sucks--or maybe I just can't put it on right...

Thank youuu. I usually put on a cream eyeshadow as a base, it helps it stick better and I wet my brush and put my eyeshadow on wet, sometimes.

That's not actually eyeliner, the bronze is a pigment by MAC but I do wear liquid eyeliner sometimes. My recommendation is to wear Maybelline Eye Express Liquid eyeliner, it's like a felt tip marker and REALLY easy to use.

I have it on here:

• I use Maybelline Eye Express as well, and I <3 it. It stays on well and is not nearly as tricky to get the hang of as the brush kind. Still a little tricky at first though.
  • oh my god, melanie!!! i LOVE the green and bronze!!! its AMAZING!!!

and yeah, i always use eye base, because it makes a huuuge difference. i use hard candy's eye base that come in a little stackable thing with loose glitter. half is black and half is nude. the black base is really good when you want to do smoky eyes...its makes them BLACK-black..not just a wimpy gray-black. and the nude one is good for every day.

i hate mac's cream eye base because its soooo...greasy! and it makes my eyeshadow crease! but that never happens to the mac girls so im like.."what am i doing wrong???"
  • Amina, why are you so gorgeous? Hehehe. My aunt was in the room when I was looking at the pictures and she was like "Wow she's pretty!" and she said you're brothers were good looking too and Tom Ford too! Hehehe. Dude, I'm not going to that wedding after all. No time. No money. Hell, I don't even know the people who are getting married. Some relative of some relative. Dude, I want to get my nose pierced too! Does it hurt? My mum thinks my nose is too round to get it but it's so damn cool. Do you get all your clothes in Pakistan?