In this Discussion

A Message From Andy

Comments

• wow, i'm such a horrible person...i'm so late to reply.

oh well, we all know what i'm going to say, and i'm sure everyone agrees with it.

1. andy is the coolest
    2. andy is a genius
    3. andy is like, totally adorable

i just hope to see him again, and for him to never forget the fans and all of the stupid stuff we've done (bra...cake...'nuff said.) because we won't ever ever forget!!
  • There are times in your life, my friend when, you see the path you must take lest you leave yourself clinging to regret and wondering your nights away on all the "could-have-beens". The conviction it must have taken to opt for moving on now is admirable and I commend you. Be confidant in your decision and the faith of others in you to do well.
    With all my best wishes,
    Sean Cameron
  • "The Seahorse Liberation Army making le dance music for le discotheques"...that made me giggle, I don't know why tho.
    Now I must show full respect for Andy's decision. I already see Slam Duncan (thanks for mentioning the name, Julie, I love it) walking on the open road.

QUOTE (sara with no h @ Feb 5 2005, 11:46 PM)
    i just hope to see him again, and for him to never forget the fans and all of the stupid stuff we've done (bra...cake...'nuff said.) because we won't ever ever forget!!

Yes, that cake thing was hilarious! I'm glad that it gave him a nice surprise (Sara and Amina, you guys are genius). And I clearly remember watching The Bangles' show next to Andy. He was standing so gentle that I felt secure. Damn, I cannnot express the feeling I had at that time. sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif Aww, he'll be missed a lot.
  • QUOTE (anangryfish @ Feb 3 2005, 04:01 PM)
    i still have my circle of duncan patch...
    but it's lying around somewhere because it was too big to put on anything i own.

haha, i have a lcoset full of those patches....and youre right. they ARE too big to put on anything. dude...i should mail them out to you people! im such a lazy ass. but in my defence: i was only a lazy ass BEFORE! now i am busy. for real. i only sleep 2 hours a night. 4 hours= spoiling myself. but you know what im about to do right now?? im about to go to sleep! its 905! and i will sleep until 3 am---and THAT, my friends, equals SIX HOURS of sleep! SIX!!!

and maybe one day...one day soon(after i get 6 hours of sleep), i will mail you guys your patches, because they are just sitting here rotting in my closet.
  • [FONT=Times] when will OK GO find a new guitar player?
  • QUOTE (user1 @ Feb 7 2005, 07:15 PM)
    [FONT=Times] when will OK GO find a new guitar player?

when pigs. fly. trust me, they do. i have a whole theory about it. if you wanna hear it. say it.
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Feb 7 2005, 09:16 PM)
    when pigs. fly. trust me, they do. i have a whole theory about it. if you wanna hear it. say it.
    lets hear it im intrested.
  • QUOTE (user1 @ Feb 7 2005, 10:31 PM)
    lets hear it im intrested.

ok
    so
    the wings: theyre hidden under all that fat. that's why pigs are sooo fat. it's not because they literally eat shit, it's because they have to hide their wings
    the snout: of course it's to suck all the bugs and crap that get in the way so that their eyesight doesnt get blocked.
    they're pink: so that no planes hit them because they can only fly at night, otherwise planes will hit them. the pink can glow in the dark.
    and last but not least,
    the curly tail? the propellor.
  • they alreday have a new guitarist. you wlil make the adjustment easy as his name is the same as departed guitarist. smile.gif
  • Are we to call this new guitarist Andeux? Or perhaps Andos?
  • QUOTE (Goosey @ Feb 7 2005, 08:06 PM)
    haha, i have a lcoset full of those patches....and youre right. they ARE too big to put on anything. dude...i should mail them out to you people! im such a lazy ass. but in my defence: i was only a lazy ass BEFORE! now i am busy. for real. i only sleep 2 hours a night. 4 hours= spoiling myself. but you know what im about to do right now?? im about to go to sleep! its 905! and i will sleep until 3 am---and THAT, my friends, equals SIX HOURS of sleep! SIX!!!

and maybe one day...one day soon(after i get 6 hours of sleep), i will mail you guys your patches, because they are just sitting here rotting in my closet.

i still have my circle of duncan patch, and the envelope it came in, 'cause i enjoy pretending i actually got mail from kill hannah... hahahahaha...
  • QUOTE (WeMadeShirts @ Feb 8 2005, 12:56 PM)
    Are we to call this new guitarist Andeux? Or perhaps Andos?

You are to call this new guitarist Rusty.

more soon...
  • hopefully not because he's rusty at the guitar. :X
  • I was going to make a similar joke but I refrained. ha ha.
  • QUOTE (WeMadeShirts @ Feb 8 2005, 08:30 PM)
    I was going to make a similar joke but I refrained. ha ha.

haha i had to.
  • hey whoever the pig flying dude is he's a genious!!!
    Itz way sad bout andy leavin - boo hoo!! sad.gif
    u no these message board thingy's... since it goes all over the world dus that mean that even though itz 5.55pm here in scotland it cud b like midnight wen ppl from america an all these places are typin????
    hmmmmm
  • I never had the pleasure of seeing the original Andy live, but I'm grateful for his talented contributions on some wonderful songs. I saw that the other thread had been closed and hope it's not wrong of me to link to this:

imageimage
    http://www.pedestrianaudio.com/index.php?a...ideo&clip=5
  • Excellently cool! Thanks!

There is also a MySpace for his band Parks and Gardens.
  • I don't know much about Andy Duncan sad.gif But I'm glad he's doing what makes him happy.
  • holy shit i thought this was about Rusty Ross for a second and i almost had a heart attack, lol.