In this Discussion

2.20.05 Chicago. Empty Bottle Show

edited November -1 in OK Go
Ipsum sleepsum.

Comments

• Great show.

I think Let it Rain is my new favourite song.

• yes indeed, a great show...
    what'd i tell you about talking into the mic during the show?!?
    sorry...
  • You all are doing an awful job of reviewing these shows. You realize that you've just been exposed to five or six songs that nobody else on the boards, except for me, has ever heard, and you're not giving any information about them at all. For shame!
  • My apologies Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore.
    I'll give my run through from the playlist.

Good Idea - This was a pretty rocking song, fast beat, good hip shaking.

No Sign - I LOVE this song. Definitely one of my favourites.

Let It Rain - This is my favourite. It's a slower, more mellow song but the lyrics are AMAZING. It's a brilliant song.

Here It ... ( I don't remember the rest of the title) - I actually forgot the song too.

Crash - I think a lot of us have heard this song, they were playing it at the last tour.

Television Television - It's so hard to describe these songs, they're all realllly good.

Oh No - It's a cute love song.

Invincible - Adore this song, remember kids, use your powers for good.

Do What You Want - Good song to close with, definitely full of energy and rockness.

It's nice to have them back in Chicago and I look forward to their next apperance here. Nice to see them twice so close to the beginning of the year.
  • QUOTE (Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore @ Whom I Adore,Feb 21 2005, 02:57 AM)
    You all are doing an awful job of reviewing these shows.  You realize that you've just been exposed to five or six songs that nobody else on the boards, except for me, has ever heard, and you're not giving any information about them at all.  For shame!

What!? Are you saying I wouldn't make the world's BEST music critic? I am simply crushed....

Show reviews have never been my strong point. Actually, I am not sure what is my strong point now that I think of it. smile.gif
  • Quick Review of "Do What You Want" for those who havent heard it yet....

Fucking. Awesome. Another "Get Over It" waiting to happen.

"Oh No" was an excellent song always, it has a nice funky beat to it for a love song.

The other songs were a bit more rock? than previous Ok Go stuff. I loved it none the less. You can def. see where the influence of their new producer came in.
  • I loved all of the new songs. Especially the tune with the "I Love Rock N' Roll" type of riff. They all rock. I can't wait for the album.

The show was the best I've seen by them.

The opening band, Chin Up Chin Up, was all right...though, I just sat on that ugly couch most of the night.

Best show I've seen this year.
  • A few of my pictures for the evening:

• QUOTE (melanie @ Feb 21 2005, 08:39 AM)
    Great show.

I think Let it Rain is my new favourite song.

THAT is a fabulous outfit(damian)!!!!!!
  • well hellou! way too much hotness! dammit! i want them to take me away from stupid old denmark, so i can see them all the time sad.gif